You are Here:
Kickstarter - Aircraft Recognition Cards

Author (Read 492 times)

Kickstarter - Aircraft Recognition Cards
« on: November 21, 2022, 06:00:05 PM »

Mechenbier

• Newcomer
Hello Playing Card Forum, I'd like to present to you my first deck of playing cards, Aircraft Recognition Cards. The deck is a modern take on the WWII style of spotters cards, illustrated with modern aircraft of the United States Armed Forces. The deck contains illustrations of 55 different aircraft from the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard (52 playing cards and 3 jokers).

The project is live on Kickstarter and I'd love for you to take a look. The cards are printed by the United States Playing Card Company on their premium card stock.

I originally created this deck for my girlfriend when she was applying to join the US Air Force. I wanted her to have a small gift as a fun way for her to remember us while increasing her knowledge of the aircraft she'd be spending time around. When I received the prototype and gave it to her, we knew there would be others who would find this to be a very fun and interesting deck.

I did all of the illustrations (car faces, backs, and tuck box) and design. My inspiration for the backs was to create a geometric rider-like pattern, but using the illustrations of the aircraft.

Please check them out, I'd love to know your thoughts!