You are Here:
Stud Playing Cards - Bricks, 1/2 Gross or Gross

Author (Read 2186 times)

Stud Playing Cards - Bricks, 1/2 Gross or Gross
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:38:50 AM »

yoel

• Forum Regular
Okay so I'm cleaning out my closet and I have a little bit of overstock.  I will only be selling a total of 1 Gross. 

Im all about easy and mutually beneficial transactions.  Though I have never traded or sold on here I am an ebay veteran with all positive feedback.  I have other items that I may choose to move and if its anything rare or special I will list it here first so that this group will get first dibs at it.  Any questions fire away.  Peace

Per Brick - $50.00  via USPS Flat Rate +$13.00

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:52:17 PM by Curt »

Re: Stud Playing Cards - Bricks, 1/2 Gross or Gross
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Okay so I'm cleaning out my closet and I have a little bit of overstock.  I will only be selling a total of 1 Gross. 

Im all about easy and mutually beneficial transactions.  Though I have never traded or sold on here I am an ebay veteran with all positive feedback.  I have other items that I may choose to move and if its anything rare or special I will list it here first so that this group will get first dibs at it.  Any questions fire away.  Peace

Per Brick - $50.00  via USPS Flat Rate +$13.00

1/2 Gross - $230.00  will provide shipping quote if interested

Gross - $ 415.00  will provide shipping quote if interested

Please note forum rules require posting your name and email address.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »

yoel

• Forum Regular

Don hate to be a nitpicker but posting your email address on a public forum is not something that should be required.  So when people google search your email address then everybody has to know your business.  I feel that sort of information should be exchanged in PM's if a sale is to take place. 

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Don hate to be a nitpicker but posting your email address on a public forum is not something that should be required.  So when people google search your email address then everybody has to know your business.  I feel that sort of information should be exchanged in PM's if a sale is to take place.

Understood.  It's why we allow people to post them in "broken" formats, such as "joe at myfreeemail dot com".

It's something I'll need to review for the future.  On the one hand, people like knowing who they're trading with and how to reach them, but on the other there's both the privacy issue and the fact that these days email address are the virtual equivalent of burn phones; anyone can make one, use it and deactivate it.

Sorry for interrupting your sale post.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »

yoel

• Forum Regular

Understood.  It's why we allow people to post them in "broken" formats, such as "joe at myfreeemail dot com".

It's something I'll need to review for the future.  On the one hand, people like knowing who they're trading with and how to reach them, but on the other there's both the privacy issue and the fact that these days email address are the virtual equivalent of burn phones; anyone can make one, use it and deactivate it.

Sorry for interrupting your sale post.

No problem, just being upfront that I am using my secondary email account on display within posting any sale ad's.  My regular email which is also the email that I use for my Paypal will be exchanged after a communication with any potential buyers.  I don't like to advertise my online presence and don't expect anyone else to unless that's their prerogative.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:33:30 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So, I'm tempted to get a brick.  A few questions:

1) Are they the original bright colors or the later dark colors on the backs?

2) Are they standard index, jumbo index or both?

3)Are you firm on the pricing or do you have wiggle room?

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »

yoel

• Forum Regular
So, I'm tempted to get a brick.  A few questions:

1) Are they the original bright colors or the later dark colors on the backs?

2) Are they standard index, jumbo index or both?

3)Are you firm on the pricing or do you have wiggle room?

Questions 1 and 2 should have been answered in my original posting. 

They are the most recent colors which are the darker ones
They are all Standard Index and each brick will have 6 Reds and 6 Blues.

Im pretty comfortable with the price I think its a good deal.  But just to be a sport I will make each brick a bakers dozen and throw in another deck.  (I have many decks that never had deck seals applied from the factory.  They have never been used and they are not the decks you will be receiving with your order... but the extra deck that is added will come from that stash)

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Im pretty comfortable with the price I think its a good deal.  But just to be a sport I will make each brick a bakers dozen and throw in another deck.  (I have many decks that never had deck seals applied from the factory.  They have never been used and they are not the decks you will be receiving with your order... but the extra deck that is added will come from that stash)

It was a pretty common occurrence, actually.  Because Studs weren't cellophaned, the sticker seals had to put up with a little more abuse, especially when making it from the box to the store shelves.  It was far from unusual to see USPC seals at the bottom of the display because they'd fallen off of their decks.  Often there was no trace at all left on the box that the sticker was even there.  I'm guessing they were stored somewhere warm and dry at some point, which would desiccate the glue, which is why there'd be no trace on the box when it finally fell off.

I'll talk it over with my chief financial officer!

Are you interested in selling quantities less than a brick?  You might get more takers.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 07:45:33 PM »

yoel

• Forum Regular

It was a pretty common occurrence, actually.  Because Studs weren't cellophaned, the sticker seals had to put up with a little more abuse, especially when making it from the box to the store shelves.  It was far from unusual to see USPC seals at the bottom of the display because they'd fallen off of their decks.  Often there was no trace at all left on the box that the sticker was even there.  I'm guessing they were stored somewhere warm and dry at some point, which would desiccate the glue, which is why there'd be no trace on the box when it finally fell off.

I'll talk it over with my chief financial officer!

Are you interested in selling quantities less than a brick?  You might get more takers.

Personally I like the decks that the stickers fell off.  Deck seals are not well liked by my Joe Porper.  I have to clean it after I use a sticky one and its even worse in the summer when its hot and humid. 

I was thinking about it but to be honest I just would rather sell by the brick.. I am a busy lately and shipping one deck at a time for a few dollars will get tedious.  Plus the cost per deck would go up a lot.   Including shipping with a bakers dozen it drops the price to under 5 bucks a deck. 

UPDATE: 1/2 gross has been spoken for, a friend of mine is going to snatch it up.  So there are only 6 Bricks left.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:44:56 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »

yoel

• Forum Regular
UPDATE - Only selling by the brick/bakers dozen