You are Here:
Where can I buy Kem Cards?

Author (Read 3651 times)

Where can I buy Kem Cards?
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:10:26 PM »

claudiomoravia

• Newcomer
Hello everybody...
Im new on the forum, but I liked very much of the discussions I´ve read.

I got here googling some reviews about Merz67. I've dealt with him 5 or 6 times, buying card from Brazil. The last two times the experience was not that good.

So, I am looking for Kem Cards, about 30 decks. I have friends who promote some small tournaments and usually we give them as gifts of membership or to the best classified on the season. Anyway... do anyone know some seller that I can reach?
I hope to get a good price, since I'm getting about 30 decks, and there is some details in shipment that I'd like to discuss too.

thx

Re: Where can I buy Kem Cards?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 02:36:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello everybody...
Im new on the forum, but I liked very much of the discussions I´ve read.

I got here googling some reviews about Merz67. I've dealt with him 5 or 6 times, buying card from Brazil. The last two times the experience was not that good.

So, I am looking for Kem Cards, about 30 decks. I have friends who promote some small tournaments and usually we give them as gifts of membership or to the best classified on the season. Anyway... do anyone know some seller that I can reach?
I hope to get a good price, since I'm getting about 30 decks, and there is some details in shipment that I'd like to discuss too.

thx

USPC, owner of the Kem brand, sells cards at shopbicyclecards.com through their subsidiary, Wingra Direct.

Kardwell.com is another seller - you might get a better deal, as that company is a wholesaler.

Check CAREFULLY with what your country charges for Customs fees and any restrictions on imported playing cards.  There are a handful of countries that BAN imported decks altogether to protect the local card industry.

Out of curiosity, why don't you use Copag decks instead?  I'm told the quality is good and Kem cards haven't been the same since USPC started making them - many players have abandoned the brand, feeling that the plastic (cellulose acetate is the chemical name for it) isn't as good as it used to be.  Copag is a domestic brand for you!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »

Ashkan Aghaghiri

• Newcomer
I also want to buy some Kem cards and want to know where can I buy to get original Kems?
As you have mentioned in the upper threads I was thinking to get some from Kem.com which apparently belongs to Kardwell.com and is advertised on Krdwell and links to Kem cards directs you to Kem.com.
Is that a trustable website to shop online?
The reason I do not get them from bicycle online shop (which is the source from USPC) is that you can get a better choice on varieties of decks.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:13:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I also want to buy some Kem cards and want to know where can I buy to get original Kems?
As you have mentioned in the upper threads I was thinking to get some from Kem.com which apparently belongs to Kardwell.com and is advertised on Krdwell and links to Kem cards directs you to Kem.com.
Is that a trustable website to shop online?
The reason I do not get them from bicycle online shop (which is the source from USPC) is that you can get a better choice on varieties of decks.

Kardwell is a Long Island, New York-based card wholesale company.  They're quite reliable; I've ordered from them in the past and was pleased with the results.  In the past, they've carried decks that I simply couldn't find elsewhere, though their selection is getting more narrow over time, focusing more on mass-produced, popular products, like Bicycle Rider Backs, Bee Diamond Backs, etc.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/