• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Re: Serpentine - New deck from LPCC
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
And you can have one for only $300!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-DECK-bund-18-playing-cards-Deck-CARC-EPCC-Rare-/171460841233

Someone fell out of the delusion tree and hit all the branches coming down...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 07:38:05 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
It's great to see that at least 3 of the 20 rare decks will be going to members of PCF family :D

Also glad to see that a fair few of us are genuinely interested in the the handling of the new Emerald Finish.

I'm interested in knowing about things like the thickness of the cards. Whilst V1 Legends were notably thin, the #202 Legends were pretty much the same thickness as the Sharps.

Whilst not all moves to a new factory result in a unanimous verdict about improved handling (eg. When EPCC used the Shanghai printers for Global Titans, the reviews were mixed), I find it difficult (or rather, impossible) to imagine Lawrence making any moves that would result in even a 0.0001% reduction in quality of handling. All 3 series of Legends branded decks have had subtle differences in handling, and each were pretty awesome.

As I've said before, I absolutely love the look of these cards... and so if they handle as brilliantly as I'd like them to, I'll put in an order for another brick or two, because it'll probably be a while before another deck this new Emerald Finish is released.

With regards to the rare deck... if it is the Bund 18 deck, then the buyers will receive one of two colours (red or blue). Even that deck has a classic looking back design... and so I like the look of that one very much also!

Chances are that a lot of resellers will have picked up the 20 deck deal, purely to see if they can make a few bucks off the rare deck... Heck, depending on what it is, they may end up being able to make back the price of the 20 deck deal from that one deck alone!

Oh well, we'll find out for sure next week what the rare unreleased deck is!
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 07:47:04 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Make that 4 out of 20.
I was going to be crazy and get 2 x 20 deck deals but figured im getting ahead of myself. Wanted to do it because I wanted to open it to test and keep one sealed.
However, according to Mr Sullivan, he stated "the limited deck actually comes with no seal or cellophane, that was how they were produced for a special event"
And no, not the microsoft deck ....
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:47:43 AM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Thanks for that excellent peice of info Narul... and congrats on snapping up the 20 deck deal! +1 for you brother :D

As far as I'm aware, the DB microsoft event deck was produced by EPCC, and not LPCC... and so it wouldn't have been that one anyway. As it is, that deck had both cellophane and a DB seal anyway, and so the info you provided categorically ruled it out.

Furthermore, the new info rules out the Sharps, because that deck comes in cellophane, has a Legends seal, and was not produced for a specific event.

Also... it rules out the Bund 18 deck. Whilst the Bund 18 deck could potentially have been made for an event at the venue, and nobody so far has confirmed whether it comes in cellophane or not, the deck does have a seal.

... and so there's a chance that the rare deck is going to be one that nobody has seen before. I think that's pretty cool! :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Ha, yeah I know not the Microsoft deck. Only said it cos that's the most recent deck that was used at an event :p
I wonder if it's any of these decks ...

1st image is captioned "new joker". Lawrence mentioned there's a new joker in this rare deck that's being sent out.
2nd image was put as a "name the deck and win it" competition. "Tatler Playing Cards" was the winning title.
I think images 1 & 2 are linked.
Images 3 & 4 is of Tenbre Rosso. These are being put out, I believe, by 4PM Designs. Possibly these?! Not too sure.

EDIT: can't be images 3 & 4 as these were a kickstarter project. How I missed that, I have no idea  :o deleted images
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:17:41 AM by Nurul »

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Ha, yeah I know not the Microsoft deck. Only said it cos that's the most recent deck that was used at an event :p
I wonder if it's any of these decks ...

1st image is captioned "new joker". Lawrence mentioned there's a new joker in this rare deck that's being sent out.
2nd image was put as a "name the deck and win it" competition. "Tatler Playing Cards" was the winning title.
I think images 1 & 2 are linked.
Images 3 & 4 is of Tenbre Rosso. These are being put out, I believe, by 4PM Designs. Possibly these?! Not too sure.

The new joker is a Legends joker. Legends v1, v2 and Egyptian had Dragon jokers. I'm not saying that's the deck your getting. That joker is most likely for a new legends deck. Legends Circus Edition?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:10:28 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
IF that new legends joker is connected to that particular deck of cards that it's resting on, then it's too plain for it to be an actual legends edition deck of playing cards. Maybe they just used the joker and slid it into this deck?!
I like the sound of a legends circus deck though :)
I'm pondering too much and it hurts my head :( lol

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 10:46:26 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks for that excellent peice of info Narul... and congrats on snapping up the 20 deck deal! +1 for you brother :D

As far as I'm aware, the DB microsoft event deck was produced by EPCC, and not LPCC... and so it wouldn't have been that one anyway. As it is, that deck had both cellophane and a DB seal anyway, and so the info you provided categorically ruled it out.

Furthermore, the new info rules out the Sharps, because that deck comes in cellophane, has a Legends seal, and was not produced for a specific event.

Also... it rules out the Bund 18 deck. Whilst the Bund 18 deck could potentially have been made for an event at the venue, and nobody so far has confirmed whether it comes in cellophane or not, the deck does have a seal.

... and so there's a chance that the rare deck is going to be one that nobody has seen before. I think that's pretty cool! :D

I can confirm that it comes wrapped in cellophane as I have one sitting on my desk right now...=P

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 07:02:45 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well the "Mystery" deck has some amazing metallic inks.........  :o
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:03:09 AM by Anthony »

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 10:25:21 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Soooo shiny  ;D ;D I'm itching to get my hands on these. Mine is leaving HK tomorrow.

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Thanks Anthony, for that excellent photo of the courts on the 'mystery rare deck'. (+1 again for you brother!) When I received mine, I was gobsmacked by the metalic gold inks... its shine really isn't that far off gold foil.

Nurul, I'm sure you'll love the shine on the rare deck -- I've not seen anything else like it.

I opened a deck of Serpentines on the day I received the package, and I've given it about 6 hours of shuffling so far. As expected, the quality (printing, durability, handling) is far superior to USPCC in all respects.

(Even though USPCC's new cardstock *is* an improvement, in terms of durability it still sucks pretty bad -- the edges on one of the private reserve Madison Rounders decks started getting dents after just 2 hours. These Serpentines are still going strong though.)

The feel of the cards are unique... different to anything else out there. The cards are by far the thinnest that I've ever handled (even thinner than the Erdnase 216s by CARC), and so I did expect them to not last too long... but the European cardstock is surprising durable.

Out of the box I initially find them a little awkward... but them after breaking them in, kind of like the Legends, I found the handling to improve. Now I really do like the feel of the thin, yet snappy cards.

Although the edges look similar to USPCC (in that they don't have the glass-like smoothness of the Legends or Sharps), they faro incredibly well -- in fact, I found them easier to faro than any other deck I've ever used. The thinness of the cards probably has something to do with that.

Personally, I love this deck -- for both the handling and the classic design. I hope LPCC bring out a second edition of Serpentines in the future, or that they bring out more decks with a classic design.

I'm actually going to buy some more of these, just in case they run out!

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »

rousselle

• Forum Regular
I also ordered this deal. I placed the order on Sept 24th. I received a shipping confirmation notice on Sept 29th. I checked just now on the status, and the tracking website is has just left Hong Kong as of today. Why did it take five days to leave Hong Kong? (Five days from the day it was presumably "shipped", but 10 days from placing the order.) Oy.

Not what *I* would call fast shipping, but hey, at least it's on its way to me....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:24:31 PM by rousselle »
There are no 3's in rousselle. There are, however, two s's, two l's, two e's (but not in a row), an r, an o, and a u.

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 06:41:46 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I also ordered this deal. I placed the order on Sept 24th. I received a shipping confirmation notice on Sept 29th. I checked just now on the status, and the tracking website is has just left Hong Kong as of today. Why did it take five days to leave Hong Kong? (Five days from the day it was presumably "shipped", but 10 days from placing the order.) Oy.

Not what *I* would call fast shipping, but hey, at least it's on its way to me....

There's a lot of protests going on over there. Traffic is at a standstill at most points. Mine is the same. I got my confirmation on 29th, package left on the 4th.

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just out of curiosity I pulled up my tracking info.........sure enough, left HK on the 4th.

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
Oh my, shiny! How awesome, I do love shiny!  ;D

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
What is this *mystery* deck, I'm curious to know since they are no longer available.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2014, 01:56:43 AM »

Firdawesome

• True Member
What is this *mystery* deck, I'm curious to know since they are no longer available.

It's a Tatler deck.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:57:09 AM by Firdawesome »

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
It's a good looking deck. When Narul posted the image up above I tried to find this deck online, I really like the look of it, now I can see why I didn't have any luck. If anyone has one they would be willing to part with I am more than happy to buy it for a reasonable price or trade.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Do the serpentine card boxes actually have a slight "green yellow" color on the borders of the box, or is that just in pictures?