Author (Read 3378 times)

Madison Revolvers
« on: October 12, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
So many of you may have already seen the emails or announcements at the ellusionist page that the Madison Revolvers are going to be available for only 6 days (it started yesterday), in groups of 52 each day. Today, MONDAY, they were sold out in a minute.... 1 minute.

I dont know if Ellusionist are geniuses or what...

Problem is (just like with David Blaines Red Gator Backs) you can buy all 52 decks if you are fast enough, effectively denying the deck to everybody.

I tried today with no luck.

Tomorrow i might get lucky. This seems to be the Hypest deck fo the year...

Form Follows Function

Re: Madison Revolvers
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I actually never bother with madison's deck.

I guess I am tired with his designs
Back for more

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 07:05:04 PM »

chas0039

• Forum Regular
I agree.  Without a limit of 2 decks, they just anger good customers.  Not to mention, I have all the Madison decks I'll ever need until he does something actually different.

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 03:14:17 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If you guys miss out on those, you could always, oh I don't know....by some cards with some actual design that might not bore you to death.

I've heard that Encarded place has some interesting offerings.

:D
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
If you guys miss out on those, you could always, oh I don't know....by some cards with some actual design that might not bore you to death.

I've heard that Encarded place has some interesting offerings.

:D

;) I like it...  I couldn't agree more
Back for more

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 09:59:51 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I actually never bother with madison's deck.

+1 In 2098, Madison Ducks v2 Green and Madison Revolvers for Ducks, part MC...XXXXVIII.

In 2099, Madison Ki...sorry, it was in 2014. Madison Wo...sorry, E has some Wolf deck there. Madison....I am quite sure that will be some M knife/gun/tomato/animals/birds/flowers/tanks decks.

Still love the Players deck from T11.

LE. People are taken this cards only to sell on ebay to some fools. Sorry, I don't want to hurt anybody, but I think this is the truth.
About Gatorbacks, indeed, it wasn't a good marketing choice to sell all decks at once. Should be limited to 12 decks/1 brick per customer/email/address/ip, etc...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:02:22 PM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 11:18:19 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

LE. People are taken this cards only to sell on ebay to some fools. Sorry, I don't want to hurt anybody, but I think this is the truth.
About Gatorbacks, indeed, it wasn't a good marketing choice to sell all decks at once. Should be limited to 12 decks/1 brick per customer/email/address/ip, etc...

Eh, anyone foolish enough to buy Revolvers on eBay now deserves to lose their cash.  Who knows how many were made and at what price they will be released on December 8th?  If someone wants to pay a "patience tax" because they couldn't wait two months for what's (in my humble opinion) just another Madison deck, let 'em.  Madison decks were a big deal when there were so few out there.  Now, it seems like at least every other deck E sells is a Madison deck - you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a pack of Madison Something-or-Others...  I never thought anyone could give the Fulton's brands a run for their money in terms of drowning the market, but Madison's got them eating his dust.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
So for 4 days we have seen the promotion go from only 52 decks to more than a couple of hundreds.

It seems E doesn't care about how many people can buy in that short amount of time. Also this couple of days they have been opening the window 30 minutes earlier.

Marketing strategies?

Anyway, today i didn't see that much hype for the deck.
Form Follows Function

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 01:57:53 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I think the biggest thing happening out of the Revolvers 52 decks a day thing is E's post about their thunderclap holiday event.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I think the biggest thing happening out of the Revolvers 52 decks a day thing is E's post about their thunderclap holiday event.

...and that made so few waves, I don't even know what the hell it is...  :))

The most exciting thing that's happened in holiday specials in recent years was the T11 Wheel of Fortune - big deal the first year, a little less so the second, and only then of any interest because nothing else exciting took place.  Nothing grabbed me by my throat in the last year or two and said to me in a heavy demonic-drill-sergeant accent "YOU MUST BUY ME NOW OR REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC LIFE!!!"  It was more like, "Eh, so, here we are, eh?" in a thick, beer-clouded Canadian accent...

Maybe something will grab me by the nethers and squeeze me hard this year - but somehow, I'm doubting it.  This certainly doesn't look like a candidate for that job.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

...and that made so few waves, I don't even know what the hell it is...  :))

The most exciting thing that's happened in holiday specials in recent years was the T11 Wheel of Fortune - big deal the first year, a little less so the second, and only then of any interest because nothing else exciting took place.  Nothing grabbed me by my throat in the last year or two and said to me in a heavy demonic-drill-sergeant accent "YOU MUST BUY ME NOW OR REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC LIFE!!!"  It was more like, "Eh, so, here we are, eh?" in a thick, beer-clouded Canadian accent...

Maybe something will grab me by the nethers and squeeze me hard this year - but somehow, I'm doubting it.  This certainly doesn't look like a candidate for that job.

Haha, I don't really know what it is either. I think it's some kind of social thing, thing a mcthing. Neither here nor there though.

E could make waves at any given moment. It would be so easy for them to do. This is it in a nutshell, put out a deck that isn't designed by you know who.

I love the T11 wheel of funs, I hope it comes back this year. For me it's like a little mini break during the day. Get a free spin. Wheee, spin that sucker all happy and excited. Plops down the "you won! nothing at all" sign or "you won 100 Points!" either way, I don't win anything but something about has me looking forward to the next spin. Maybe I'll win a deck.  :P
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
My girlfriend, next wife I hope (lol) won a Jaqk Cellars Red two years ago :) She just go once. She didn't want to play anymore also, she said that was her luck. Maybe she didn't care, but when the deck has arrived, she yell at me "where is my deck, where is..." :))))))) Was so funny that moment. And yes, I love T11.

I know about this project a few months ago, but I didn't care. I knew will be another MD deck and thats it. Anyway, if I want some decks, that will be a few Tequila decks (at the time) and a few old E's decks also, but not a Guns and Roses Madison deck.

Well, somehow there must be a black sheep in this world of playing cards, hehe, and yes, we talk to much about this sheep. Behehe...over and out.
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer