You are Here:
Warning Scam project just started on Kickstarter

Author (Read 4711 times)

Re: Warning Scam project just started on Kickstarter
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 11:38:33 AM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
He made a pledge of $5000 on the first day himself  so he's not getting that much

No, he isn't getting that much, but he is still getting something, especially if he drops his initial pledge to only enough to fund the project, he will get everything anyone has put towards the project and it will cost him nothing but laughs if he is smart. Jailtime if he isn't.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Project now suspended

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This is good news. That was irksome having to see shenanigans every time I loaded up KS and looking for new decks being launched. They took their sweet time doing it, but at least they hauled it down.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I am honestly surprised with the time it took KS to suspend the project. I'm sure they are a smaller team and are inundated with reports they need to check (I always try to give companies the benifit of the doubt because I don't know what happens behind the curtain), but it still felt like it was being addressed slowly. I wish Kickstarter were more communicative with everyone.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
It just sucks that it took a company(LPCC) to spend money on a lawyer to send a cease and desist. As many people that where complaining to KS, this should have been shut down a couple days ago.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 03:10:17 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
It just sucks that it took a company(LPCC) to spend money on a lawyer to send a cease and desist. As many people that where complaining to KS, this should have been shut down a couple days ago.

that is very disappointing, but I guess KS will prefer to have official notice rather than just reports from backer.
Back for more

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 06:45:49 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

that is very disappointing, but I guess KS will prefer to have official notice rather than just reports from backer.

Well you know 50-100 backers sending in reports for the same project could simply be coincidence.  ::)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 10:11:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I am honestly surprised with the time it took KS to suspend the project. I'm sure they are a smaller team and are inundated with reports they need to check (I always try to give companies the benifit of the doubt because I don't know what happens behind the curtain), but it still felt like it was being addressed slowly. I wish Kickstarter were more communicative with everyone.

Do bear in mind that KS is headquartered in New York (Brooklyn, to be precise).  Friday was Good Friday and the start of the eight days of Passover.  Sunday was Easter.  The entire week is Spring Break.  In addition to nearly all colleges being closed, all New York public schools and most private schools are closed for the entire week.

A noteworthy percentage of the city's population is on vacation this week.  Hence, things don't get done as fast.

Well you know 50-100 backers sending in reports for the same project could simply be coincidence.  ::)

50-100 backers is a big deal, sure - but it only takes a single lawyer to convert a complaint into a court case, at which point it starts costing the company money.  Money does indeed make Kickstarter go 'round.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
The project is suspended.  We can celebrate until the next one pops up. 

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
VERY happy to see it suspended and these poor backers protected! Kudos to all of the members here who fought hard! I was very pleased to see familiar names joining in the fight!