You are Here:
Purple LTD - with bonus rare deck, White LTD!

Author (Read 5356 times)

Purple LTD - with bonus rare deck, White LTD!
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:18:28 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
This says it all:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151720922146161&set=a.147152631160.119734.61472466160&type=1&theater

Looks like E is releasing a purple version of the LTDs. I wonder if they'll be a limited item for the holiday promotion.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:33:06 PM by Don Boyer »
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Re: Purple LTD
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 04:22:15 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
This says it all:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151720922146161&set=a.147152631160.119734.61472466160&type=1&theater

Looks like E is releasing a purple version of the LTDs. I wonder if they'll be a limited item for the holiday promotion.

I don't own a LTD, you might know better. What makes you think this is LTD?

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
This says it all:

E edited the original caption of the photo in which they called it Peter McKinnon's new LTD deck.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
This says it all:

E edited the original caption of the photo in which they called it Peter McKinnon's new LTD deck.

Everyone is going Purple now except the one deck I want in Purple, the Smoke & Mirror  Damn that light purple carbon fiber non playing card teaser!

If I recall correctly, the LTD back design is not a great back for such a subtle color change? Blue and Purple are very close. More Gray then Blue or a Purple.

Well good for Peter. A fine laddie Peter is. Maybe we will see some Green for the Irish in all of us at the end of the rainbow.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:55:14 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
!An0nym0u5, this is just for you buddy, enjoy!

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 06:24:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

You been 'shopping again?  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 06:43:41 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

You been 'shopping again?  :))
Who me? Nahhh, i just got some inside sources, lol  ;D

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:19:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
OK, from these two recent Facebook photos and the associated text, they're releasing what appears to be a purple LTD deck on Wednesday.  It appears to be signed on the flap by Peter McKinnon, and a "double release" of his was mentioned.

Could be interesting.

Any Black Club member who waited this long to get their free Red Arcane could not have timed it better, really.  This comes out Wednesday, the free offer ends Thursday...

It's not necessarily a bad thing, this release.  Yes, color changes can be tiresome, but think about it - this deck comes in exactly two colors right now, one of which is a rare, limited-edition deck and not easily obtained.  Blue and purple as regular stock sounds like a plan.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:20:39 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 12:43:03 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
It's not necessarily a bad thing, this release.  Yes, color changes can be tiresome, but think about it - this deck comes in exactly two colors right now, one of which is a rare, limited-edition deck and not easily obtained.  Blue and purple as regular stock sounds like a plan.

Now this is a completely different scenario than the S&M thread, and you make a valid point..........this isn't version/color 9 of a series that was supposedly ended at version 7, I can deal with a few colors and lets face it, it seems in cards you'll usually have Red and Blue, so your in for at least the two iconic colors.

You mentioned the Black Club, are these going to be available to the masses or only BC members?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:44:21 AM by Sparkz »

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 01:26:35 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Now this is a completely different scenario than the S&M thread, and you make a valid point..........this isn't version/color 9 of a series that was supposedly ended at version 7, I can deal with a few colors and lets face it, it seems in cards you'll usually have Red and Blue, so your in for at least the two iconic colors.

You mentioned the Black Club, are these going to be available to the masses or only BC members?

I mentioned Black Club because they have that free red Arcane deck offer.  This deck appears set for a Wednesday release while the free red Arcane offer expires Thursday.  To get the deck, you have to use a coupon code, be a member and place an order with at least one shippable item.  For the Black Club who already had everything Ellusionist (or simply delayed on placing an order), this is one of those "hand in glove" situations...

Though I will say that if it's for sale, Black Club members do get a 24-hour head start on making purchases.  This means if it comes out Wednesday, I can order it later today (it's after midnight on Tuesday morning here)!

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 01:32:17 AM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
The LTD decks are actually really nice looking. It definitely doesn't hurt to be receiving a Red Arcane deck as well as the Purple LTD deck. This is unrelated but is the Red Arcane deck actually worth over $50? I was looking on Ebay just to see how much people were trying to sell them at and that was close to one of the cheapest amounts. Just curious.

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 01:46:31 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
This is unrelated but is the Red Arcane deck actually worth over $50?

This is a real old saying, but always applies................."Its worth what someone is willing to pay for it" so the answer to your question should really be answered by yourself  ;)
The problem is that it's not like the question was something like, is it "worth" picking up a Fed 52 for $10, I would think so, lol.  I think once  you get past the $30-40 mark, it's really up to you to decide if it's worth it. If you really want it, like it, need it............then I guess yes. Unfortunately the price something commands doesn't always mean it's worth it, its just the going rate at the moment, could go up, could go down.

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 02:02:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The LTD decks are actually really nice looking. It definitely doesn't hurt to be receiving a Red Arcane deck as well as the Purple LTD deck. This is unrelated but is the Red Arcane deck actually worth over $50? I was looking on Ebay just to see how much people were trying to sell them at and that was close to one of the cheapest amounts. Just curious.

I wouldn't sweat that much.  Right now, there's only a small number of people who have these decks; namely, members of the Black Club who had an order shipped during the promotion (or the people to whom they gave or sold their decks).  People can ask whatever they want for a deck - that's not necessarily what the deck is worth.  Sparkz said it well - it's worth what someone will pay for it - and that axiom also means that as more enter the marketplace (this is going to be a holiday giveaway deck from Ellusionist), the price will fluctuate downward because they're easier to get.  It's basic economics - only someone foolish or desperate (or with more money than wisdom) would pay that price, knowing what we know now about the deck's future availability.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 02:12:22 AM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
That is certainly a great way to put it Sparkz. Economics is quite an interesting thing. I figured that was the reasoning behind it Don, but I wasn't sure if the availability would open up much after this little deal by Ellusionist. Personally, I wouldn't be capable of affording a deck over $50 for quite awhile. If I could, I would have those Fed 52's by now lol but I am ok with passing on the deck for the time being. I'm slowly increasing my collection with decks that are worth less but still wow me. I am learning that this is a slow race to becoming more a large scale collector. I tend to get a little compulsive when I get my head on something so I have to keep that at bay =p I'll stick to my Karnival Delirium's and Jaqk Cellar decks =D

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 03:47:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That is certainly a great way to put it Sparkz. Economics is quite an interesting thing. I figured that was the reasoning behind it Don, but I wasn't sure if the availability would open up much after this little deal by Ellusionist. Personally, I wouldn't be capable of affording a deck over $50 for quite awhile. If I could, I would have those Fed 52's by now lol but I am ok with passing on the deck for the time being. I'm slowly increasing my collection with decks that are worth less but still wow me. I am learning that this is a slow race to becoming more a large scale collector. I tend to get a little compulsive when I get my head on something so I have to keep that at bay =p I'll stick to my Karnival Delirium's and Jaqk Cellar decks =D

A very wise attitude, indeed...

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 04:52:40 AM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

I mentioned Black Club because they have that free red Arcane deck offer.  This deck appears set for a Wednesday release while the free red Arcane offer expires Thursday.  To get the deck, you have to use a coupon code, be a member and place an order with at least one shippable item.  For the Black Club who already had everything Ellusionist (or simply delayed on placing an order), this is one of those "hand in glove" situations...

Though I will say that if it's for sale, Black Club members do get a 24-hour head start on making purchases.  This means if it comes out Wednesday, I can order it later today (it's after midnight on Tuesday morning here)!

Love purple, and like I said, one of my favorite deck are Purple Artifice. Maybe because the video they made with Shade. Lol.

Don, you've reading my mind. I stand still until the last day. I have also Red Arcane (two) uncuts and I am happy to get one or maybe two (later, in giveaway) of Red Arcane decks. And this decks are for my collection, not for reselling (I don't like to resell my decks also).
I love Arcane deck, but I wish they stop here, no more other colors. I'm just saying two colors (gold and red) and two black and white will be enough for this series.
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
AND White LTDs too....

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Some images of the white deck
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 02:43:52 PM »

vmagic

Getting tired of this Ellusionist crap. They are outright stupid if they think people are going to continue to buy bricks of their cards every time they release them just to get a free deck!

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 02:52:40 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Lol don't know why YOU complain, you always end up buying it :/ besides, you don't need to buy a brick to get the white&red LTD, you can purchase Peter McKinnon's DVD and get the deck for free. In fact, you can buy 2 DVDs, get 2 decks for free and still pay less than buying a brick
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Getting tired of this Ellusionist crap. They are outright stupid if they think people are going to continue to buy bricks of their cards every time they release them just to get a free deck!

Ya but I can complain Nurul, lol...........I don't buy the other stuff, I'm just a collector  :-[

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »

vmagic

Lol don't know why YOU complain, you always end up buying it :/ besides, you don't need to buy a brick to get the white&red LTD, you can purchase Peter McKinnon's DVD and get the deck for free. In fact, you can buy 2 DVDs, get 2 decks for free and still pay less than buying a brick

Did you happen to try that? I tried getting 2 or 3 bricks for the hell of it and only 1 free deck showed up. I think E is limited how many free decks we get per order.

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector

Did you happen to try that? I tried getting 2 or 3 bricks for the hell of it and only 1 free deck showed up. I think E is limited how many free decks we get per order.

vmagic, if you don't like it, please don't buy it. Complaining doesn't make it better.

As always, I don't begrudge Ellusionist for any other company for creating these promotions. They know it works and though people complain, bricks are still moved so people can 1 or 2 limited edition deck.

Personally, if the LTD was green, I'd be tempted for that brick. The limited white and red LTD does look really nice though. I really like that back of the card with the faded border back design (is there a specific term for it?).

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Vmagic - people will buy the decks, whether or not they buy bricks I dont know but people do buy them. You dont like it dont buy it.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 04:17:10 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

vmagic, if you don't like it, please don't buy it. Complaining doesn't make it better.

As always, I don't begrudge Ellusionist for any other company for creating these promotions. They know it works and though people complain, bricks are still moved so people can 1 or 2 limited edition deck.

Personally, if the LTD was green, I'd be tempted for that brick. The limited white and red LTD does look really nice though. I really like that back of the card with the faded border back design (is there a specific term for it?).

VJose

As long as the brick and the limited deck are the same brand it works just fine. If you like Rounders your getting what you like a brick of Rounders and a limited Rounder. Don't like LTD, no problem because the limited deck is also LTD. Just don't buy it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:30:23 AM by !An0nym0u5 »