[ISO] Green Tally's

Author (Read 502 times)

[ISO] Green Tally's
« on: December 27, 2012, 04:02:25 AM »

Wilko

• True Member

• Twitter:
Hi,
As the title says. I'm after a couple of the green Tally Ho's. Not sure why I didn't pick these up earlier as I looked into them. Must of forgotten to pick them up.
Only after seeing all the stuff about the pink tallies did I get thinking about them again.
Anyway, 2 would be great. Pm or post if anyone has any available or knows where I might get some from.
Thanks
Jay

Re: [ISO] Green Tally's
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:02:53 AM »

shz

• True Member
  • Image credit blazingtalent.deviantart.com
Hello,

The only thing I could find is
http://www.king-magic.com/magic-with-life-tallyho-green-p-1134.html.

Seems like a Chinese store, and am unsure of cost/ability for shipping to the US.

Good Luck  :)
"It's like you're invisible... just the back of an 'ead"

MAJOR brownie points if you get it.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Any website with Jerry's Nugget decks "on sale" for $12.40 isn't a site I'd trust.  They're selling the counterfeits.

The deck was made for Tomohiro Maeda, a prominent Japanese magician.  Try looking for a Japanese shop, or better, someone in Japan who can help.  That's what I did to get mine.

The proper name for the deck is the Platinum Edition Tally Ho deck.  The green has a silver/platinum border around the back design.  But like most people, they call it the "Magic with Life" Tally Ho or the green Maeda Tally Ho.  Maeda also had three gold-bordered ones made (red, blue and light blue - that last color is exceptionally rare and costly) as well as a miniature Tally Ho deck in blue.  All were Circle Back.

The full set for this deck comes in that larger box you saw, plus it had some nice stickers inside.  Often, though, if you get it at an aftermarket dealer, it will be just the deck alone.  It's VERY hard to find outside of Japan.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 03:19:49 PM »

Wilko

• True Member

• Twitter:
Hello.

@ shz.  Thanks for the link. I had a look at the site but unfortunately they don't have any of the green tallies left in stock.

@ Don. Thanks for the info. Why didn't I pick these up a year or so ago. Just one of those decks I passed on & now wish I owned!

Hoping someone on here might be able to help me obtain a couple. I'm happy to trade of buy. 

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »

Wilko

• True Member

• Twitter:
Hi,
I've managed to get hold of a few of these. :)
Thanks for any help.
This thread can be ignored.