Do you like beer?

Author (Read 11600 times)

Re: Do you like beer?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 02:08:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I drank a bottle of jack for you Don.

Next time, a simple Jack-Coke double would be just fine...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 03:32:24 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Lets say, I really enjoyed the jack and coke. Drank them forgetting that you are able to get drunk from them. When it kicked it I stopped.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:30 PM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Who wants me to take a drink on their behalf?

In terms of 'candy-water', which are the term applied to sweet, alchoholic beverages, like Bacardi Breezers, I once made a drink for a friend I called a Skittle.
It consisted of a half-shot of about 5 different fruit flavoured liqueurs I had in the cupboard, topped up with a 50/50 mix of Banana/Mango fruit juice and Mountain Dew.

There was so much alcohol and sugar in it, he gagged, but later told me it was delicious and asked for another.  :D
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 11:55:23 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
It's my birthday today.

Who wants me to take a drink on their behalf?

In terms of 'candy-water', which are the term applied to sweet, alchoholic beverages, like Bacardi Breezers, I once made a drink for a friend I called a Skittle.
It consisted of a half-shot of about 5 different fruit flavoured liqueurs I had in the cupboard, topped up with a 50/50 mix of Banana/Mango fruit juice and Mountain Dew.

There was so much alcohol and sugar in it, he gagged, but later told me it was delicious and asked for another.  :D

:D Happy Birthday!!!  :D
 If you haven't passed out yet- Take a shot for me 
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2013, 01:36:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Another HB for ya, RF.  I don't drink so you'll have to take one of these for me!

They're not that big...  only three liters...  each...  :))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:37:55 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 09:46:20 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Another HB for ya, RF.  I don't drink so you'll have to take one of these for me!

They're not that big...  only three liters...  each...  :))

Why not. I've never had Belgian wine before. What does it taste like? And don't say 'fizzy grape juice'!

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Why not. I've never had Belgian wine before. What does it taste like? And don't say 'fizzy grape juice'!

Who said anything about wine?  That's beer, brewed by Trappist monks!  Among the best beers in the world, I might add...

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Who said anything about wine?  That's beer, brewed by Trappist monks!  Among the best beers in the world, I might add...

Well, that deserves a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmn!  ???

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Anyone here drink Ispropyl? Shit's da bomb
Forum Founder.

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Alex, this is not the spam board. Serious stuff only.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 09:10:47 PM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

He's Russian. They'll drink anything that says 'Alcohol' on the bottle.  :P

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 01:00:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Well, that deserves a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmn!  ???

The three-liter bottle of Corsendonk is called a "magnum".  Split one three ways with a couple of friends at a bar some years ago.  I was kind and deleted the photos of one of my friends getting massively sick afterwards...  Corsendonk probably has about double the alcohol content of most US beers.

But if you really want to go for broke...try Samiclaus.  It's another abbey beer, brewed by monks, but this one's special, brewed only for a brief period of time during the year-end holidays and aged for eleven months before being bottled and sold (meaning the new batch comes out in time for the next holidays).  It also has the distinction of being the strongest beer brewed today, with an alcohol content of about 15% by volume - for those using old spirit measures, that's 30 proof.  Few bars carry it, and those that do generally restrict patrons to no more than two per visit.

I took a different friend out one night to a bar that served this.  This kid, being a decent drinker, didn't believe there was a beer out there that would lay him out after two bottles.  We'll never know - he was too drunk off his ass to finish the second one!

He's Russian. They'll drink anything that says 'Alcohol' on the bottle.  :P

I think Fauks missed the bit about how isopropyl alcohol makes for a good Molotov cocktail..."Shit's da bomb!"

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I think Fauks missed the bit about how isopropyl alcohol makes for a good Molotov cocktail..."Shit's da bomb!"

I think I'll stick to the traditional 50/50 petrol and motor oil blend with a flaming rag garnish.

I also think it's a little funny that a Russian approves of the Molotov cocktail considering it's historical use.

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

I think I'll stick to the traditional 50/50 petrol and motor oil blend with a flaming rag garnish.

I also think it's a little funny that a Russian approves of the Molotov cocktail considering it's historical use.

You'll have to excuse Alex. I think he has been living out his fantasies through GTA V
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

You'll have to excuse Alex. I think he has been living out his fantasies through GTA V

More like living his LIFE through GTA V...

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 05:29:05 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I think he looks more like GAT from Saint's Row.

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:08 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Remember, once you've gotten your life back. you can kill the hooker to get your money back too.

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 05:11:57 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Aaaanyway, back on topic here...

Am I the only one that gets reaaaallyyy bloated from beer? Like, really bloated. I only drink hard liquor and wine now.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 05:21:15 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Am I the only one that gets reaaaallyyy bloated from beer? Like, really bloated. I only drink hard liquor and wine now.

Yeah, it's just far too fizzy for my taste. The only beer I really drink is stout, e.g. Guinness. It's not as fizzy, and feels heavier, so you actually don't drink it quickly like you would lagers, which are really just flavoured water.

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 06:20:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Aaaanyway, back on topic here...

Yeah, it's just far too fizzy for my taste. The only beer I really drink is stout, e.g. Guinness. It's not as fizzy, and feels heavier, so you actually don't drink it quickly like you would lagers, which are really just flavoured water.

Yeah, but the farts from "Bass Ass" are nowhere near as smelly as the ones from "Guinness Gas"!  And as far as drinking it faster, you've never seen the St. Patrick's Day Parade in New York, have you?  :))  The Irish around here can and do chug Guinness like they were tossing back water with a squeeze of lime.  I'm surprised they don't piss black-brown with a thick tan-colored foam...

Here in the States, the overwhelming majority of the market is lagers and light beers, and generally of a lower alcohol content by volume.  I could see where an Aussie or a Brit would look at it and ask if it was already drunk by someone else before they got it...  We have some great craft breweries and such, but the lion's share of the market is absolute pisswater.

Even our Foster's oilcans come from a brewery in Canada.  If I wanted genuine Aussie-made Foster's, I'd have to look for the green oilcans of Foster's Ale; they don't import the lager to here anymore.  At least the Guinness is the real deal.

If you have access to a GOOD beverage distributor, you may want to get to know him or her now and see if they'll order some Samiclaus for you now so you can get the new batch in December.  Now that's a beer that will knock you off your ass!  I mentioned it a few posts back in this topic.  You should also look for Chimay Grand Reserve - to me, that's the best beer out there.  It's really for savoring slowly - no one ever chugs a Chimay G.R.  A proper beer bar will serve it in a specially-shaped glass that works much like a cognac glass does, concentrating the aroma of the beer to your nose as you begin to take some into your mouth...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:35:50 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 07:03:48 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Yeah, but the farts from "Bass Ass" are nowhere near as smelly as the ones from "Guinness Gas"!  And as far as drinking it faster, you've never seen the St. Patrick's Day Parade in New York, have you?  :))  The Irish around here can and do chug Guinness like they were tossing back water with a squeeze of lime.  I'm surprised they don't piss black-brown with a thick tan-colored foam...

Here in the States, the overwhelming majority of the market is lagers and light beers, and generally of a lower alcohol content by volume.  I could see where an Aussie or a Brit would look at it and ask if it was already drunk by someone else before they got it...  We have some great craft breweries and such, but the lion's share of the market is absolute pisswater.

Even our Foster's oilcans come from a brewery in Canada.  If I wanted genuine Aussie-made Foster's, I'd have to look for the green oilcans of Foster's Ale; they don't import the lager to here anymore.  At least the Guinness is the real deal.

If you have access to a GOOD beverage distributor, you may want to get to know him or her now and see if they'll order some Samiclaus for you now so you can get the new batch in December.  Now that's a beer that will knock you off your ass!  I mentioned it a few posts back in this topic.  You should also look for Chimay Grand Reserve - to me, that's the best beer out there.  It's really for savoring slowly - no one ever chugs a Chimay G.R.  A proper beer bar will serve it in a specially-shaped glass that works much like a cognac glass does, concentrating the aroma of the beer to your nose as you begin to take some into your mouth...

I like the sound of Chimay G.R. I shall have to see if I can find some in Australia, and if not, whether there's any way to import it.

I miss some of the liqueurs from the US. I used to live with a Canadian who had some root beer schnapps. That stuff was good. I was going to buy him some more, but due to airline regulations I wouldn't have been able to have it flwn in as the alcohol content was too high to allow it.  :(

In Australia, not alot of the people I talk to drink Fosters, or even a brand I used to drink in the UK called Castlemaine XXXX. Here they seem to be reserved for Aussie rednecks, typically called 'bogans'. There's quite a few craft beers to satisfy everyone else, so we're not stuck when it comes to beer. Wine, however, is supposed to be becoming more and more popular here, according to a recent poll.

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I like the sound of Chimay G.R. I shall have to see if I can find some in Australia, and if not, whether there's any way to import it.

I miss some of the liqueurs from the US. I used to live with a Canadian who had some root beer schnapps. That stuff was good. I was going to buy him some more, but due to airline regulations I wouldn't have been able to have it flwn in as the alcohol content was too high to allow it.  :(

In Australia, not alot of the people I talk to drink Fosters, or even a brand I used to drink in the UK called Castlemaine XXXX. Here they seem to be reserved for Aussie rednecks, typically called 'bogans'. There's quite a few craft beers to satisfy everyone else, so we're not stuck when it comes to beer. Wine, however, is supposed to be becoming more and more popular here, according to a recent poll.

Chimay Grand Reserve (and the rest of the Chimay Brewery line) come from Belgium.  Samichlaus is from Austria.  (I just discovered I was misspelling it!)  And on the list of beers with the highest ABV, Samichlaus has been surpassed by QUITE a few newer beers...  http://www.beertutor.com/beers/index.php?t=highest_alcohol

The strongest beer in the world has more alcohol by volume than most liquors!  It's 130 proof/65% ABV!  It's insane.

Anyway, wine is becoming more in the States as well - as the baby boomers head deeper and deeper into retirement age, it's become their alcoholic beverage of choice.

Funny side note: in the Star Wars "Expanded Universe" stories, during the earliest period of the Jedi Order, they named the light side of the Force "Ashla" and the dark side was called "Bogan"...  :))

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
We had an Octoberfest here Saturday- Got to try an Apple Cider beer. Didn't like it. I'm not a beer drinker, even when it taste like apples

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 05:45:36 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
We had an Octoberfest here Saturday- Got to try an Apple Cider beer. Didn't like it. I'm not a beer drinker, even when it taste like apples

Apple Cider beer + Cinamin Whisky = [spoiler]orgasmic[/spoiler]

ILL DO BBCODE THAT DOESNT WORK ON THIS FORUM IF I WANT
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 09:53:01 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

Apple Cider beer + Cinamin Whisky = [spoiler]orgasmic[/spoiler]

ILL DO BBCODE THAT DOESNT WORK ON THIS FORUM IF I WANT

I'll fix that for you

Apple Cider beer + Cinamin Whisky = [needsAA]JohnBFallingDown[/needsAA]

Did that Work?

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB