Buying From Brazil

Author (Read 1407 times)

Buying From Brazil
« on: August 12, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
HI,

Do anyone here know someone trustworthy from Brazil.
I wanted to buy from a Brazilian website, but they don't seem to ship internationally. so if you know someone can you please refer that person to me  :)

Thanks
Back for more

Re: Buying From Brazil
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:11:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
HI,

I wanted to buy from a Brazilian website, but they don't seem to ship internationally. so if you know someone can you please refer that person to me  :)

Thanks

I'm confused.  You're not in Brazil, but you want to order from someone in Brazil?  Any special reason why?  Do you like paying shipping AND duty for goods imported from Brazil more than just paying domestic shipping?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 12:07:45 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
HI,

Thanks

I'm confused.  You're not in Brazil, but you want to order from someone in Brazil?  Any special reason why?  Do you like paying shipping AND duty for goods imported from Brazil more than just paying domestic shipping?

Its not like I like to pay shipping and duty for importing goods from Brazil. Unfortunately I only find what I want from this seller..
I have been looking for David Blaine's Variety box for sometimes and so far only this seller has it available..

Back for more

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 05:19:02 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
HI,

Thanks

Its not like I like to pay shipping and duty for importing goods from Brazil. Unfortunately I only find what I want from this seller..
I have been looking for David Blaine's Variety box for sometimes and so far only this seller has it available..

Then you need to contact that seller.  In this marketplace, it's rare that someone doesn't sell internationally, especially a retailer with an online presence.

Make certain you're getting the correct item.  Blaine released a number of Variety Boxes - the first was the one with the awesome deck selection, the others were largely just bricks of decks from a given set, such as a brick of assorted Split Spades Lions or a brick of mixed White Lions Series B/Black Label.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:20:35 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 07:00:41 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Then you need to contact that seller.  In this marketplace, it's rare that someone doesn't sell internationally, especially a retailer with an online presence.

Make certain you're getting the correct item.  Blaine released a number of Variety Boxes - the first was the one with the awesome deck selection, the others were largely just bricks of decks from a given set, such as a brick of assorted Split Spades Lions or a brick of mixed White Lions Series B/Black Label.

It is the right box with what I wanted.. they do sell internationally but they only accept bitcoin apparently. Which makes me feel unsafe  :(

Back for more

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 10:05:26 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It is the right box with what I wanted.. they do sell internationally but they only accept bitcoin apparently. Which makes me feel unsafe  :(

Consider how much risk there is.  You only expose the amount of cash needed for the purchase - IF you get a prepaid Visa card holding the exact amount needed to cover the purchase (and whatever fees the card-issuing company charges).  It's a matter of how comfortable you feel risking even that amount of cash.  Done in this manner, you have no exposure in terms of your credit card or debit card or bank account numbers - prepaid cards are practically disposable.  The only added cost is an activation fee - think of it like paying for insurance.

Either that, or try talking the guy into taking other payment, like PayPal or Amazon Payments.  Not everyone likes them, but perhaps you can persuade him.  Sellers tend to like it the least, but that's largely because of how much they protect the buyer, usually ruling in favor of the buyer in disputes.