You are Here:
The Sideshow Freaks Deck – Available July 1

Author (Read 4682 times)

The Sideshow Freaks Deck – Available July 1
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
The Sideshow Freaks Deck launches July 1st for the whole Bicycle® community (not just 808ers), but as members, you’re the first to get a look at the final design for the tuck and cards.

With freakshow classics like the bearded lady, contortionists, fire-breather, sword swallower, lobster boy, and more, this deck is bound to be one of your new favorites. What else can you expect? How about unique court cards, a special back design, and a tuck that resembles a circus tent? Assemble the crew—it’s time for a game night under the lights.

New deck from USPCC, not my style, the back is ok but I hate the faces.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: The Sideshow Freaks Deck – Available July 1
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »

Bill Collins

• True Member
from what I see, I like...but I like this kind of stuff
Cordialement : The Other Look

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
I remember when we first caught wind of this deck, there wasn't a lot of finalized designs but I liked what I saw. I honestly still do. I appreciate the celebration of sideshow classics and love to see them on a deck of cards. I honestly like this deck quite a lot and look forward to the release next month. I don't like the fact that they call them sideshow "freaks", but that's all personal opinion and doesn't change my interest in these cards.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 03:09:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, John - you do remember that you already made a topic about this same deck, right?  You had the name different but it's the same deck - USPC probably changed the name.  Please don't make multiple topics for one deck!  It's hard enough keeping track of stuff around here.

I'm at least interested in seeing more about this deck.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:57 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Sorry Don, I thought I had made a topic so I did a search of the name and got nothing, so thought I was just remembering something that never happen
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 11:02:25 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Liking what I see so far. From the pictures here, seems like this has been well executed, Thank you Freak Show Deck for not vomiting Photoshop filters onto your cards.

Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Liking what I see so far. From the pictures here, seems like this has been well executed, Thank you Freak Show Deck for not vomiting Photoshop filters onto your cards.

While they're far from perfect, USPC generally does at least a half-decent job on their in-house decks.  Nothing that looks like a Lite-Brite got sick and puked...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!

While they're far from perfect, USPC generally does at least a half-decent job on their in-house decks.  Nothing that looks like a Lite-Brite got sick and puked...

And because they usually do a half-decent job on their in-house decks, I think this one will turn out fine. It's a plus that I like the idea behind it and the characters being celebrated but it'll be a decent deck of cards.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 12:39:48 AM »

S. Carey

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
The design firm who designed this deck, Traction, did a guest post for me on Tuck Case about the design of the Sideshow Freaks deck. The working name for this deck was actually NOT called Sideshow Freaks.

http://tuckcase.com/2013/06/25/traction-explains-process-behind-upcoming-bicycle-sideshow-freaks-deck/   

As far as USPCC goes, most of their "in-house" decks as of late (not sure about in the past) use design firms outside of the USPCC company. Traction also does some of USPCC's web work. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:42:44 AM by S. Carey »

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 04:02:40 AM »

malcomteo

looks pretty cool like the old western look