You are Here:
Anti-KS : Encarded Zenith

Author (Read 61079 times)

Re: Anti-KS : Encarded Zenith
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2014, 11:16:25 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I would say limit it to 3, and do it per ip adress. I say 3 because it allows them to get one for the collection, one to trade, one to open up and play with. I personally just need one.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2014, 12:04:06 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Maybe release with a max of six on the first couple rounds, and then open it up for quantity 1-2 bricks if it doesn't blow out at first. People will by bricks even at $120 or more. They will be able to resell 2-3 times as much.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2014, 12:06:20 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
I have a feeling this will be a pricey deck and bricks will go well over $200 if not $300

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I also think you could limit the number of decks.
I don't really know how many decks, because we don't know their price. This will be determinant.
In my case, even if I want to buy a few, I have to remember that I shouldn't pass a determined value, in order to avoid paying taxes in custom services.

But, independently of the price, a limited edition of 1000 decks should have limits. Absolutely.

Enthusiast collector

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2014, 02:20:56 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I actually do want feedback on one thing I was considering. Do you think that with a limited release like this, any single order should be limited to purchasing a certain (small) number? Limit it to 6? Zenith isn't a $5 deck so I don't expect everyone to want a brick, but I do want to give as many people as possible the chance to get some. I don't want someone with big pockets to come in, buy 72 and then sell them all on ebay. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what that magic number should be Paul, but since your releasing such a small run overall, I would think there should be some limit to decks purchased. I kind feel, as many, the 3-6 deck range would be fair. In the end you know there are going to be those who complain regardless. I personlly appreicate the fact your at least taking all this into consideration  ;)

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2014, 02:22:52 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
I think half a brick makes sense, that way it can offer a small price break at 6 decks and it won't allow for people to purchase unfair quantities.
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2014, 06:43:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I obviously have very few, in a relative sense, to sell this time around. Historically my projects have gone through 1,000 decks quite rapidly so I do understand it will probably be a little harder to get one of these.

To make that easier for more people, I was going to do the release in a few batches. Perhaps 500 at the start, and when those sell, open another batch at another time so that people in other timezones don't have to be up at 3am.

I actually do want feedback on one thing I was considering. Do you think that with a limited release like this, any single order should be limited to purchasing a certain (small) number? Limit it to 6? Zenith isn't a $5 deck so I don't expect everyone to want a brick, but I do want to give as many people as possible the chance to get some. I don't want someone with big pockets to come in, buy 72 and then sell them all on ebay. Thoughts?

At a limit of 3-per-buyer, you'll have a minimum of 333 buyers.  This assumes that you release all but one deck (UNLIKELY!).  If the limit is raised to 6-per-buyer, this drops to 166 with four left over.  Assuming people max out their purchasing power on a deck this scarce (and most if not all will), that's a super-tiny number of people getting access to these.

I'd love to have three, but put your buyers first.  A limit of even two in a case this rare would be feasible, as it would allow for the balance between healthy number of happy customers and customers getting at least an acceptable amount of decks.

I predict these decks are going to explode in the aftermarket, leaving a smoldering wreck of all other decks in the vicinity...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2014, 07:23:20 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Realistically I will have to set aside about 50 for my private collection, damage replacements and to give to a few friends. As you said, at 6 per person that would make for a very small number of people. Good food for thought Don!
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
at 6 per person that would make for a very small number of people.

Assuming everyone would buy the max, which I don't think everyone would at a max of 6.  At a max of 3, probably the majority would.

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I try to buy 2 decks usually. Would be really cool to get one hand signed  ;)
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2014, 12:34:47 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Hi, I agree with Don about the limit number of decks per buyer. 2 decks would be more feasible as it allows for more buyers.

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I think with it being such a small supply the should all be hand numbered and signed.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I think with it being such a small supply the should all be hand numbered and signed.

Heh, that's easy to say when it's not you signing your name 1000 times on slippery cellophane.  ;D

Each deck will be numbered on its seal with a unique number, so that part it taken care of. My signature is on the spine, in foil, and only signature series decks will feature that little design touch. So the signing is built in! I'm so clever.  :)
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »

Afrank8

• True Member
Please do release the deck in batches for different time zones. I'm in Australia and wanted to get ahold of a signed clipped wing deck and at 7:00 when I woke up and got ordering there was only 40 left.

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
can we request a certain number? I mean personally I have my favorite number and would love the one number it.

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2014, 10:23:52 AM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I'm hopeful you do release the number of decks per person. Although 3 per person seems reasonable, it certainly does limit how many people will get a hold of this deck. I'm also hopeful I can pick some of these up when they release.

The few glimpses I've seen look very nice. I really like the side opening tuck.
Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2014, 11:15:10 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So is only the seal numbered? If I open mine I will have to be careful with the seal then. :(

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
3 does SOUND reasonable, especially when you keep in mind that Encarded does have a pretty solid fan base... but still, the selfish collector in me hopes that the limit will be 6.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2014, 02:46:30 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
One nice thing about the sideways tuck is that the seal lays flat across the edge and one straight cut lets you open the deck and then have it look almost perfect when you close it back up. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
One nice thing about the sideways tuck is that the seal lays flat across the edge and one straight cut lets you open the deck and then have it look almost perfect when you close it back up. :)

sounds awesome. I get to keep the number showing and still have them open . :)

Do you have an idea on pricing for this deck yet?

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2014, 05:01:43 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

John,
That's like asking a woman how much she weighs or how old.  ;)

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2014, 07:48:32 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

John,
That's like asking a woman how much she weighs or how old.  ;)

Hey I do that all the time and live to tell the tale.

« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2014, 07:52:24 PM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran

Paul said it would be more than a plain Aurum deck but less than an Aurum White Gold deck:

I'm  honestly still working that out. Somewhat depends on final freight shipping costs from New York. I'm still going back and forth trying to find that balance, but I can say it will be more than a plain Aurum deck and less than a White Gold deck.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:25:53 AM by Sher143 »

« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2014, 09:52:31 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If you haven't taken a gander at http://encarded.com recently you may want to drop by and read some background and details about Zenith. Just click the banner on the homepage. Cheers. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2014, 02:25:29 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Zenith fanning, should you be curious. :)

http://instagram.com/p/mX6fSsFL8V/
Paul Carpenter