4 Times Of America by ArtLibra

Author (Read 1483 times)

4 Times Of America by ArtLibra
« on: March 28, 2020, 02:52:10 PM »

ArtLibra

• Newcomer
  • I'm an artist of Playing Cards!
Hello everybody!
Do not judge strictly, I'm new here, and your opinion about my project is very important to me.

I am preparing my first playing cards project for Kickstarter. Since this is my first experience with Kickstarter, it is very important for me to do everything as correctly as possible. And I know that there are a lot of experienced people here, who can help me, give advice and evaluate my project.

First of all, I want you to rate my cards and express your opinion of any kind, I will be glad to any criticism.

And secondly. I am ready to launch this project on Kickstarter in a few days, but due to the pandemic, I have great doubts. I would also like to hear your comment on this.

Our first project is 4 Times Of America. We have been working on it for more than a year. We drawing every face of the card, worked on a shirt and packaging to make everything perfect. We presented this project in 3 different colors, with two different faces (original and black).

Basically, the cards were made based on 4 сulture of America:

- Culture of African South America (New Orleans),
- Cultures of the Wild West, which has spawned many topics in literature and cinema
- Midwest Indian culture that was widely known outside the United States
- Literary themes of the 20s inspired Dreiser and Fitzgerald.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:56:44 PM by ArtLibra »

Re: 4 Times Of America by ArtLibra
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:42:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Looking at the art, it's good.  But rather than "4 Times of America," consider calling it "Four Cultures of America" - it's really more about the cultures.  (NEVER put a small numeral in a title - use the word instead, unless you want to come across as a grade schooler.)

Don't get overly ambitious - start the project with a single deck color, then offer the second and third colors as stretch goals.  If you try all three out of the gate and don't raise a lot of cash, you might end up falling flat and making nothing, while making a single deck and setting the others as stretch goals gives you a chance to get the deck made even if you only raise a limited amount of money, but also gives you the chance to make those other colors if the project really takes off.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/