Author (Read 2356 times)

(KS Deck) Galaxy Cards 2nd edition
« on: June 23, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
Alienink's third deck design.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alienink/gc-2e-ninja-funding

Featuring custom traditional pips along with brand new artwork of the 4 celestial bodies, featured from the original galaxy cards, as the aces and court cards.
The kickstarter offers mini decks and 100% plastic playing cards as well as mini uncuts and standard uncuts.

It's a cool deck in my opinion. I dig the back design a lot. The quality of their mini decks are also great as seen from their last project, Flowers. Their mini deck's far surpass the USPCC's mini manufacturer plant.
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

Re: (KS Deck) Galaxy Cards 2nd edition
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
UV ink and... plastic?
Wow... I'm really curious to see what the plastic decks from their company feel like. They're not Kem or Bicycle, so it'd be interesting.
Does anyone know what the decks from the unmentioned manufacturer feel like?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Their mini deck's far surpass the USPCC's mini manufacturer plant.

I'm nearly positive USPC farms out the minis to a third-party company.

Does anyone know what the decks from the unmentioned manufacturer feel like?

How can we?  It's their first plastic deck, as far as I know.  Without a manufacturer name, you might as well just guess.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:

Their mini deck's far surpass the USPCC's mini manufacturer plant.

I'm nearly positive USPC farms out the minis to a third-party company.

thats what I meant. What ever the uspcc is using for minis, some place at china, is pretty crappy compared to the minis AlienInk made their last project.

I have a deck of the mini flowers deck and it is superb for fans as far as minis go
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 02:24:17 AM »

Alien Ink

• Newcomer
  • Innovation, Beauty, Design.

• Facebook:
Hey Aether!!!
Wassup Deck Review, Don, and Mr Mollusk!! Missed u guys!

Just wanted to pop in and clear up a few things!!

First, it's not UV ink. It has been OPTIMIZED to show in a very cool way under UV light. When people see it in person, they've said that it really looks like a planet hanging in space in the UV light, so I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I've got a UV pen that I've been working with and it's a lot of fun.

Secondly, the plastic deck, is insane. I thought I had picked up the wrong deck when I started handling it, because I have owned plastic decks before, and they have never felt, or behaved like this. They fan, they faro, they feel amazing and just BEG to be shuffled and played with. They are soft, and comfy, and I just love them. The print on them is also the best fidelity I've seen on a custom plastic deck, and I'm very happy that so many people have pledged for them. It's a really cool way to get out plastic decks to those that want it, without having to dedicate an entire project to plastic. I promise I'll have a video up soon on the project, showing the plastic deck in action, and you can see for yourself how cool it is!!

I'm glad to be back, glad to have all the GC1 decks either sailing along in the mail already or in people's hands, and launching with the super moon was fun. It feels like a new birth for the company, and moving forward, I promise that the well of awesome stuff coming from Alien Ink is far from over. Thanks for your support guys, and I'm around if you want to chat!!

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Hey Aether!!!
Wassup Deck Review, Don, and Mr Mollusk!! Missed u guys!

Just wanted to pop in and clear up a few things!!

First, it's not UV ink. It has been OPTIMIZED to show in a very cool way under UV light. When people see it in person, they've said that it really looks like a planet hanging in space in the UV light, so I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I've got a UV pen that I've been working with and it's a lot of fun.

Secondly, the plastic deck, is insane. I thought I had picked up the wrong deck when I started handling it, because I have owned plastic decks before, and they have never felt, or behaved like this. They fan, they faro, they feel amazing and just BEG to be shuffled and played with. They are soft, and comfy, and I just love them. The print on them is also the best fidelity I've seen on a custom plastic deck, and I'm very happy that so many people have pledged for them. It's a really cool way to get out plastic decks to those that want it, without having to dedicate an entire project to plastic. I promise I'll have a video up soon on the project, showing the plastic deck in action, and you can see for yourself how cool it is!!

I'm glad to be back, glad to have all the GC1 decks either sailing along in the mail already or in people's hands, and launching with the super moon was fun. It feels like a new birth for the company, and moving forward, I promise that the well of awesome stuff coming from Alien Ink is far from over. Thanks for your support guys, and I'm around if you want to chat!!

Ohhh, OK. I've never heard of a plastic deck with UV inks (Glow in the dark, however...). I was a bit surprised.

That being said, I think this is your best deck so far! I might pick up a plastic deck if I can scrape together the cash.

Is it possible to get a picture of a number card? I know you have the pip layouts in a video, but I'd love to see the way it's laid out on the card. Thanks!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:45:22 AM »

Alien Ink

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
Wow, thanks so much! Happy to hear that!

I will be sure to take some pics of the number cards as soon as I can. Probably tonight. Right now, I'm off to class. I will be working on the video showcase for the plastic deck and taking some pictures of the numbered cards for you tonight.

Glad to hear you like the deck, and hope to see you there!!

http://youtu.be/rSQGdtB7t1s <-----Here is a quick showcase of the plastic decks characteristics. I am an amateur cardist, learning every day, so I hope it's enough to show you how awesome it is and how great it handles. I'm excited to offer it, and so happy that so many people are pledging for, and adding it on. It's been a great success, and I know that people will be very happy when they get them. It's the best plastic deck I own.

I'll have some number card pics up for you soon, I just wanted to post this real quick. Thanks so much!

-Alien Ink
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:03:16 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
One of the few decks I don't have to try to pledge for. Alien ink has done other decks, and I have no idea how they got this far. IMO all their artwork sucks.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 08:13:20 PM »

Alien Ink

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
Mr. Mollusk,

I posted some images of the Pip cards on the project page. They seem to be too big to put here, but you can find them on the project page now!! Lemme know if you have any other questions!

Cardsitry 'Giant Fan'. love it!  8)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:03:58 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 03:09:40 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Mr. Mollusk,

I posted some images of the Pip cards on the project page. They seem to be too big to put here, but you can find them on the project page now!! Lemme know if you have any other questions!

Nice!
I still don't have enough for a plastic deck, but I've scraped together enough for a normal one. (Kickstarter will take your spending money right out of you)

Awesome pips, too! It'll be interesting to handle a non-USPCC deck that fans that well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:12:55 AM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 04:07:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Mr. Mollusk,

Your pip images probably exceeded the file size limits here.  You can attach five images per post, with a maximum image size of 5,000 kb.

Cardsitry 'Giant Fan'. love it!  8)

Yeah, I think it would look a lot nicer if you took the trouble to get a MANICURE first.  People notice these things, likely more than you realize.

Now, please refrain from "double posting", if you would.  If you have new information to add, you were the last poster on the topic and it's been a few hours or less since your last post, just edit the existing post and add the new information to it.  Thank you.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 12:46:46 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
I like the way the card backs are designed. I am interested in the plastic decks if only because most plastic decks feel terrible in my opinion. If they really feel as you've described (or even better than most plastic decks), then I'm sure it's a nice deck!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 02:40:03 AM »

Alien Ink

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
Michael,

Glad to hear that u like the cardback for GC:2E. I am very excited to hear what everyone thinks of the plastic decks when they go out very soon. I have been learning cardistry and magic since the moment my life was consumed by playing cards, and I love to use this plastic deck. I have yet to own another plastic deck like this, and if you are looking for one, (and especially if you like the design!) you will be very happy!! I'd consider it's quality exceptional, and will enjoy hearing from cardists that I'm sure are much better than I!! 

Also, you can use them at parties and not be afraid of people that don't love cards the same way we do, grabbing them off the table with their nails, bending them when they hold them etc, and making u cringe :-) I like using custom decks at parties but I'm always nervous. These will last a good long while, so look forward to them!! Thanks for being a part of the project!!   

-Alien Ink