Author (Read 18812 times)

New TBC Products
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:52:51 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
From TBC Facebook:

Our big surprise for Tuesday's release! Only 50 exist, Signed, and Numbered by Alex Pandrea! Find out what's in the box in the days to come!

My guess is Gold Crown
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:52:42 AM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: New TBC Deck:
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think it's the Gold Crown deck too.
Also, since there is a Gold Crown deck thread, I don't see the need for this thread since we don't know what it is yet but are pretty sure it is Gold Crown.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:06:29 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think it's the Gold Crown deck too.
Also, since there is a Gold Crown deck thread, I don't see the need for this thread since we don't know what it is yet but are pretty sure it is Gold Crown.
The other thread is gone I looked for a few minutes for it.

Also I said gold crown on TBC's FB post and they said "Think Bigger..."

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »

vmagic

Why even bother, the chances of getting one are slim to none!

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I dont think these will be for sale just themselves, or maybe they are going to be on sale but be expensive.

I am thinking a Giveaway for spending $x or something.

Does anyone else think they look like squares and not a card box? Maybe it is something not cards!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:18:08 PM by Aaron »

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »

vmagic

I personally don't think they are cards either. boxes are too square and too plain. On a side note it does look like they will be releasing some type of Crown Svengali or Gaff deck on Tuesday also.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Guys, if you haven't already read this, read this - it's from the FB event page for Tuesday:

Big news everyone! We’ve been busy behind-the-scenes (as usual) cooking up some great new items for everyone and we’re pleased to announce that they will be available on Tuesday, July 17th at 8PM eastern time!

So, what can you expect to see on Tuesday?

CROWN DECKS - Back in stock at www.thebluecrown.com! But we don’t just have the decks. We’re also introducing a FREE video download starring Alex Pandrea that will teach you fun and amazing routines using the various gaffed cards that come in every standard Crown deck.

CROWN GAFF DECKS - Not one, not two, but FOUR gaffed Crown Decks! We will be releasing Stripper, Svengali, Invisible, and Forcing Decks in Blue, Red, and Green! We’ve gotten TONS of requests for these gaffs, and we’re thrilled to finally make them available! With the purchase of each gaff deck you will receive a FREE video download starring Alex Pandrea that will show you how the deck works, and ways to perform with it.

THE 5TH ASSISTANT - We’re also releasing an awesome utility device from the mind of Geoff Weber, the creator of X-Finger. Imagine being able to produce any item from your empty pocket at a moment’s notice! You’ll be able to do this, plus a lot more, with The 5th Assistant! The 5th Assistant comes with 2 custom-made gimmicks and a full-length instructional DVD.

SURPRISES- We could stop right there an have an awesome release! But we like to go the extra mile, so stay tuned for some other surprises! You’ll notice the emphasis on Crown Decks... If you’re a fan or collector, let’s just say you won’t want to miss this event!

Keep your eyes on The Blue Crown Facebook page for contests and prize giveaways throughout the weekend leading up to the big release!

I already know what the secret package is.  I think that statement below, "think bigger", really hit the nail on the head.  This will be big...bigger than a deck of cards.  (Someone might want to edit the title - perhaps call it the TBC Mystery Box or something...  :)))

The gaffed decks are going to be a very sweet addition.  They weren't kidding about wanting to make the Crown Decks like the new Tally-Ho.  I'll probably be using a Crown stripper as a replacement for my Split Spades Lions stripper when it finally dies.  And I loves me a good invisible deck!  I thought I was going to have to get my hands on a can of roughing spray - I've used mine so much the spray's wearing off.

I'm looking forward to when they really go gaff-crazy and make gaff card decks like Ellusionist's!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 12:06:11 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm thinking it might be some sort of set, with 2 decks and something else perhaps as well.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 12:42:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm thinking it might be some sort of set, with 2 decks and something else perhaps as well.

Keep guessing...  :))

This will be in some ways like the Blaine Variety Boxes in that there's a serious scarcity to them - only 50.  Blaine made 250 of his first box, making this five times as rare.

I think the box is really cool!

Re: New TBC Products
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:43:47 AM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I'm guessing that it will be all the decks every released by TBC and HOPC, with an addition of the Gold Crown. Does this make any sense?

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 04:47:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm guessing that it will be all the decks every released by TBC and HOPC, with an addition of the Gold Crown. Does this make any sense?

Considering the size of the box, no, it doesn't...  :))

Crown Deck, v1 - 3 colors
Black Crown
Crown Deck, v2 - 3 colors
White Arrco
Vaudeville
NOC - 5 colors
Americana
Mechanic

That box looks awfully small to be holding SIXTEEN DECKS...

EDIT: make that seventeen, I forgot the upcoming release.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:48:08 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:50:51 AM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Ah, now I see it. They're square boxes?

I think it's gonna be, one big gold crown tuck case, with 4 decks in it. A bit like the bicycle different rider back colours box, but just smaller, with only the crown decks... :)

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 09:03:57 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I must admit that I have no idea what this is. It's similar to the DB variety box but its such a small box...

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 09:48:45 AM »

redtank151

• True Member
  • Something Funny here

• YouTube:
I actually thought square deck at first, then realised my sheer idiocy in thinking that.
Something even more funny here

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Ah, now I see it. They're square boxes?

I think it's gonna be, one big gold crown tuck case, with 4 decks in it. A bit like the bicycle different rider back colours box, but just smaller, with only the crown decks... :)

You mean you actually thought that those square boxes were large TUCK BOXES??

Whatever you're smoking, I think you need to ease off a bit...  :))

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
You know, it was 9am, just woke up, was a little dizzy from the 'stuff' I'd taken the night before... :)

Last guess would be: One block of massive gold with a little crown signature on it   :mindf-ck:

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 03:28:07 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Maybe a set? Silver and Gold Crown decks?

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 08:45:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Maybe a set? Silver and Gold Crown decks?

You're not actually expecting an answer from me, are you?  :))

Let's just say it's going to be a very cool and highly sought-after "thing"...

Three more days, is it?

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I won't be able to get one (due to the fact that I'll be away) but maybe I will be able to pick one up in the after-market (or bribe someone to pick one up for me :P).
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »

vmagic

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm kinda getting sick of Don always knowing about everything, teasing everyone about all these decks, and not telling us anything. Seriously he is like this forums version of Theory11 or D&D!

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't know about anyone else, but i'm kinda getting sick of Don always knowing about everything, teasing everyone about all these decks, and not telling us anything. Seriously he is like this forums version of Theory11 or D&D!
I don't know about anyone else, but if I knew this secret info and couldn't tell anyone, teasing people would be fun :P

Would you rather be filthy rich and no one know you are or buy nice cars and a nice house so people know?

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 11:30:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Imagine how the hell I feel!  I have this really big secret and I have to keep it completely under wraps!  :))

At least I'm not busting out dimly lit photographs or fake stories about fake uncles...

Look, it's something that's really, really cool - you'll want one.  Hell, I want one.  I'm not getting one, for a number of reasons (financial being the biggest), but I have something similar.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 01:43:21 AM »

vmagic

You don't like secrets? Either does anyone else here. How about next time you tell Alex Pandrea or whoever that you don't want to know. Better yet, why not just tell us? Why all the secrecy? Telling us will just hype whatever it is even more? By the way what do you have that is similar? It's something everyone wants but yet nobody can figure out what it is? And bigger than a Gold Crown, what is that supposed to mean? Anyway sorry about my previous comments but I just don't understand why all the freakin' secrecy!

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 02:16:39 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It's not really secrecy. They want us to guess and wonder what the heck the release could be! If they told us a week ahead of time, we would have no need to go to their site and look at it unless we wanted to buy it. If they don't tell us until the release, we will be dying to go to their site and see what the release is.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 02:19:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
You don't like secrets? Either does anyone else here. How about next time you tell Alex Pandrea or whoever that you don't want to know. Better yet, why not just tell us? Why all the secrecy? Telling us will just hype whatever it is even more? By the way what do you have that is similar? It's something everyone wants but yet nobody can figure out what it is? And bigger than a Gold Crown, what is that supposed to mean? Anyway sorry about my previous comments but I just don't understand why all the freakin' secrecy!

They want people to be interested in it, but they also want it to be a surprise.  Let me guess - when it's your birthday, you want to rip open the gifts before the cake?  :))

Patience is a virtue.  Be virtuous - it's only for about two-and-a-half more days.

I took no offense at your previous comment, so there's nothing to apologize for.  It was actually rather funny!

It's not really secrecy. They want us to guess and wonder what the heck the release could be! If they told us a week ahead of time, we would have no need to go to their site and look at it unless we wanted to buy it. If they don't tell us until the release, we will be dying to go to their site and see what the release is.

Bingo.  I'm open to hearing more guesses as long as you understand that I can give you no answers.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:19:45 AM by Don Boyer »