My Latest Purchase

Author (Read 6780 times)

Re: My Latest Purchase
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I will see if I can get some pictures up this weekend. I am staying at my grandmas from today until saturday because my parents are on a holiday and I didnt bring my deck with me :(   And I sure hope this isn`t an evil deck :o :o  I am thinking whoever had the deck either wasn`t in Vietnam long or didn`t use the cards a ton, They have wear and dont fan or handle worth a crap because of it, but they are nor bent or anything. I can`t belive I only payed $20 for it because I was going to buy one of the reprints a couple weeks ago for $25!
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I will see if I can get some pictures up this weekend. I am staying at my grandmas from today until saturday because my parents are on a holiday and I didnt bring my deck with me :(   And I sure hope this isn`t an evil deck :o :o  I am thinking whoever had the deck either wasn`t in Vietnam long or didn`t use the cards a ton, They have wear and dont fan or handle worth a crap because of it, but they are nor bent or anything. I can`t belive I only payed $20 for it because I was going to buy one of the reprints a couple weeks ago for $25!

The deck has wear?  Do the Aces of Spades have serial numbers on them with the letter code?  The ones in the eBay photo didn't, but I'd be interested to know for certain.

The cards shouldn't have any wear on them - in actual use they were practically littered all over the jungle floor and on the enemy casualties.  The cards wouldn't have taken long to begin breaking down and decomposing in that heat and humidity.  In other words, the "used" ones were never meant to come back!

If these are used, since there's not really any practical card games you could play with them, they were probably "deployed" in the field and recollected from wherever they were left.  It would explain why there were extra cards.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:54:05 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 08:19:26 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

The deck has wear?  Do the Aces of Spades have serial numbers on them with the letter code?  The ones in the eBay photo didn't, but I'd be interested to know for certain.

The cards shouldn't have any wear on them - in actual use they were practically littered all over the jungle floor and on the enemy casualties.  The cards wouldn't have taken long to begin breaking down and decomposing in that heat and humidity.  In other words, the "used" ones were never meant to come back!

If these are used, since there's not really any practical card games you could play with them, they were probably "deployed" in the field and recollected from wherever they were left.  It would explain why there were extra cards.

The Aces do not have serial numbers and the wear isn`t super extravagant but they do feel like a 50ish year old deck

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 12:32:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 01:13:53 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
ya only had like 4 hours when I posted.

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 01:29:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

D'OH!

Perhaps you should have mentioned that when you first posted...

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 01:53:00 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

D'OH!

Perhaps you should have mentioned that when you first posted...
I though I had I must be going crazy ::)