You are Here:
Ghostbusters Playing Cards by Albino Dragon (KS)

Author (Read 1564 times)

Ghostbusters Playing Cards by Albino Dragon (KS)
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:27:42 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Now Live, Ghostbusters Playing Cards.

Like his previous Goonies Project, this is only available to US customers through Kickstarter. However, if you are UK based Erik has stated this:-

"Even though the Kickstarter is only shipping to the US, you can still get your hands on Ghostbusters playing cards if you live in the UK. Albino Dragon has partnered with Firebox.com to carry these. Please contact them to find out how to pre-order."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460165270/ghostbusters-playing-cards?ref=nav_search
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:31:10 AM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: Ghostbusters Playing Cards by Albino Dragon (KS)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:08 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
The playing card gods are mean to international collectors man.....  >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
The playing card gods are mean to international collectors man.....  >:( >:( >:(
I know! Would any kind US person like to get a few on behalf of international people?

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 12:43:13 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
At the risk of sounding rude. What is so special about this deck to make it worth $15 ?   
No offense, just wondering if I'm missing something.
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
At the risk of sounding rude. What is so special about this deck to make it worth $15 ?   
No offense, just wondering if I'm missing something.

Stircrazy, that's one of those never ending discussions, but the long and short of it is that everyone sees things diffferently and are motivated by different things as well. There are a lot of GB fans out there, add the 30th anniversary to the mix and I can see why some would like to have a deck.  :)

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »

AlbinoDragon

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The thing I hate most about Kickstarter is that there isn't a way to show what is actually being paid for. It's not $15 for a deck, the MSRP on our decks is $9.99. The $15 is for the deck production, and artwork, and shipping, and Amazon fees, and Kickstarter fees, and licensing fees.

We use Kickstarter to help offset our overall costs, as it obviously costs much more than $10,000 to produce even a run of 2500 decks. It also helps us demonstrate that there is interest and a market for particular IPs when selling to retailers and distributors.

For those that do well, we continue selling them. For those that don't, we sell off what we have and move on.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 01:24:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

To be more accurate, it's the goddesses of intellectual property that are so mean.  Albino Dragon probably has a license only for US distribution, though what their retail partners do with the decks afterwards is out of their control - hence the arrangement with Firebox.com.

What you need to do, seriously, is get a few guys together, set up an account with an order consolidator in the US and use them to order from the US and ship back home in bulk.  Split it enough ways and it might become economical as well as effective.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 02:29:15 PM »

AlbinoDragon

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Not entirely true. We won't sell to retailers or distributors that try to sell our products outside of our approved territories. Firebox is based in the UK (a territory we have licensed), so we'll be working with them to handle distribution for us there.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:31:29 PM by AlbinoDragon »

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 02:42:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Not entirely true. We won't sell to retailers or distributors that try to sell our products outside of our approved territories. Firebox is based in the UK (a territory we have licensed), so we'll be working with them to handle distribution for us there.

Excellent!  Next time around, see if you can get worldwide distribution.  I'd imagine some of the properties you've already completed have global appeal, not just in the US and the UK.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 03:07:13 AM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.

Excellent!  Next time around, see if you can get worldwide distribution.  I'd imagine some of the properties you've already completed have global appeal, not just in the US and the UK.

Don is absolutely right here. I know that the King Killer Chronicles (The trilogy that The Name of the Wind is the first book of) has some amazing and beautiful international covers and a huge worldwide following. And having that deck endorsed by Pat himself was huge, even for people that didn't particularly like the art.

Am very excited to see more of this deck though, I would be surprised if many people didn't have at least one fond Ghost Busters memory. I remember my first Ghost Trap when I was younger, I played with that thing until it broke and then some.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.