You are Here:
Doing Your Part in Helping with Superstorm Sandy!

Author (Read 312 times)

Doing Your Part in Helping with Superstorm Sandy!
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:52:25 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Now, within the past week, I'm we've all heard about the horrible news regarding Superstorm Sandy. Many have been left without power, food, or even a home. The storm has even been responsible for delaying the Altruism decks purchased from The Blue Crown. Now, with any worldwide devastation, I am sure many of us would like to help. Well, our fine friends over at BeDeceived (the makers of the Style and Mysterdy deck) has given us a little incentive to help the cause if you haven't.

For one entire week of November, BeDeceived is having a promotion where 100% of sales purchased within that period will be donated to help the healing of Superstorm Sandy. Although their decks are sold out, you are still able to purchase many other products, such as wristbands, t-shirts, or even uncut sheet. Remember, 100% of sales will be going to help the causes of Superstorm Sandy. The entire excerpt from BeDeceived site is posted below:

"Earlier this week, millions of people on the East Coast of the United States were affected by Hurricane Sandy. This area, which is not built to withstand weather of that magnitude, was devastated. The storm has claimed the lives of over 150 people, and has left many without food, shelter, or other necessities. The New Jersey shore has been wiped from civilization. In New York, those in upper manhatten can look out their windows to see lines and lines of people waiting full days for water at the fire hydrant, gasoline, or 5 minutes to charge their cellphones and make contact to family in the outside world. Many still remain stranded or lost, and the death toll is likely to rise as those without shelter endure cold nights and the possibility of another approaching storm.

This strikes a chord within us at Bedeceived. Not as marketers, not as playing card sellers, but as humans. To have a place that you once thought safe taken away from you — to have your world turned upside down — is a feeling that many of us have never fully experienced for ourselves, and will hopefully never have to. To help aid those in need because of the utter devastation left by the storm, we will be donating 100% of all of our sales to the American Red Cross Superstorm Sandy Relief Fund. Any wristbands, uncut sheets, or other accessories bought will directly help those who need the money most. We encourage you to buy whatever you can. If you would like to donate to the Red Cross Relief Fund without purchasing something from us, you can visit this link here.

Every dollar counts in this time of crisis. We're extending this promotion, which will continue for a full week, to give an extra incentive for each of you to help those in need.

Thank you very much, and please stay safe.

Sincerely,
Collin Stover
CEO, Bedeceived"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for me, I won't be buying anything simple because I lack the funds and no products are appealing to me yet.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:54:40 AM by KPopFever605 »
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Re: Doing Your Part in Helping with Superstorm Sandy!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It seems like a nice offer, but...

...they're not really selling much of anything.

They have less than fifty each of the uncuts for Style and Mystery.  They have stickers, a flash drive and a wristband.  And that's it.  Not a single deck, unless you count the ones sold with the uncuts, which they have in short supply anyway.

I can't imagine this fundraiser is going to raise much of anything.  If it was a bigger company like Ellusionist, Theory11 or Dan and Dave, I could see it making sense.  But this is like a shoe store donating its profits to charity, but they only have women's size 18 and men's size 2, and only five pairs of each in the same style.  What's the point?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:29:47 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/