Author (Read 884 times)

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Hola fellow card enthusiasts,

The second edition of CARD CULTURE is now available to download for 52 Plus Joker members. Take a moment to log into the club's website, and a direct link to CARD CULTURE will be right there waiting for you.

Screen captures of this month's CARD CULTURE

Working in tandem with our printed quarterly Clear The Decks, CARD CULTURE helps you celebrate and indulge in your playing card passions even more!

Go grab your copy today. If you're not a member of the 52 Plus Joker, think about joining our society now. CARD CULTURE and many other playing card amenities await you.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:26:56 PM by Lee Asher »

Re: 2nd Issue of CARD CULTURE now available for all 52 Plus Joker Members
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 11:38:37 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This Months issue was much larger than I expected. Lots of good stuff in there. It's been a good month so far and is shaping up to being even better shortly. (Tuesday The 20th brings us a whole lot of amazing kickstarter campaigns!)

Thank you to all who have a hand in making Card Culture for us. It's a great bonus to being a club member.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 05:49:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm particularly proud of how the magazine came out, seeing as how I'm the Editor-in-Chief and all!  :))

Kidding aside, my associate editor, Lee, and I have big plans for CARD CULTURE.  The first issue was very good, this issue is great, and we're only aiming higher for future issues,  We work hard to earn our pay - which unfortunately doesn't come in US or Canadian dollars...or even decks of cards...not even, like, rocks and trinkets and stuff...or a ball of string...  :))  We're paid in accolades, so keep 'em coming!  Can't eat 'em, can't pay the bills with 'em, but they're nice all the same!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Thank you guys for making me the cover story and really shining light into the development of my career. I know I provided a lot of the material, but Don and Lee did a fantastic job cutting up a lot of my ramblings, and really showcasing the historical aspect.

Wow. Just wow. You guys are doing an amazing job!

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:52:10 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thank you guys for making me the cover story and really shining light into the development of my career. I know I provided a lot of the material, but Don and Lee did a fantastic job cutting up a lot of my ramblings, and really showcasing the historical aspect.

Lee gets a lot of the credit for that one.  His pre-editing made my editing easy and he was a huge help with the aesthetics of the layout.  It would not have looked anywhere near as nice without his input.

Hearing you say how much you liked it is pretty amazing for me and probably for Lee and Tom as well!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:54:08 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 12:49:08 PM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:

Lee gets a lot of the credit for that one.  His pre-editing made my editing easy and he was a huge help with the aesthetics of the layout.  It would not have looked anywhere near as nice without his input.

Hearing you say how much you liked it is pretty amazing for me and probably for Lee and Tom as well!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! We're off to an amazing start, and it's just going to get better. Stay tuned!

On a side note, what did everyone think of that Dougherty article!?! Cryptocard27's (Maxime Heriaud) timeline & imagery blew my mind. The US Patent was my favorite!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:56:15 PM by Lee Asher »

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
On a side note, what did everyone think of that Dougherty article!?! Cryptocard27's (Maxime Heriaud) timeline & imagery blew my mind. The US Patent was my favorite!

That was fantastic. I enjoyed that probably the most, hard to say though there's so much in this months issue. I certainly read it over the most anyway haha. Picturing things on the timeline is a lot of fun, my imagination runs wild sometimes since I'm just an overgrown kid, haha. I've often wondered, what would it have been like to play a couple hands with the man? How does a guy like that think? So much going on, card backs, innovation and invention, etc. Great spread, absolutely.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)