You are Here:
Black Friday - 2012 Season

Author (Read 5010 times)

Black Friday - 2012 Season
« on: November 21, 2012, 12:24:09 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I figured it's about time to make a thread to organize all those scattered releases happening this week.

Ellusionist (Friday - 4 P.M. EST):
- Re-releasing Fathom.
- Having a giveaway featuring many amazing prizes.

Theory11 (Friday - 11 A.M. EST):
- Releasing Edge by Mathieu Bich
- Releasing an "Artisans" Deck Box

The Blue Crown (Friday - 12 A.M. EST):
- Releasing a 7 new products
- Re-releasing 7 products
- Having a giveaway feature 10 amazing prizes.

House of Playing Cards (Friday - 12 A.M. EST):
- Releasing the Curator deck.
- Releasing two other decks.

Dan & Dave (Friday - 9 A.M. PST):
- Releasing Smoke & Mirrors v7

David Blaine (Sunday - 12 A.M.):
Releasing Splits Spades: Silver Edition

*If there was any information incorrect or missing, please notify me down below.

P.S. - I am only place information confirmed for this week on this thread.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:28:00 PM by KPopFever605 »
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

Re: Black Friday - 2012 Season
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
http://aethercards.com/discourse/the-talk-park/black-friday/

you could have put it here instead of making a new thread.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:16:48 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Oh, sorry. I absolutely do not remember that, considering it's from two week ago. Plus, that thread was dying anyways. Would one of the moderators care to merge the topics? In my opinion, I think making a new thread allows it to be more clean and organized.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:19:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Agreed.  KPop, look before you leap, please.

Merging topics.  Oh, wait - I can't.  Not my board...

Oh, sorry. I absolutely do not remember that, considering it's from two week ago. Plus, that thread was dying anyways. Would one of the moderators care to merge the topics? In my opinion, I think making a new thread allows it to be more clean and organized.

No, not having several topics all about the same thing is clean and organized!  Was your bedroom a mess when you were a kid?  :))

BTW: you're missing a few things.

Theory11 also has a deck release coming out.

The Blue Crown is releasing the Luxury Crown Deck at midnight.

The Curator Deck might be HOPC's only release - I haven't heard otherwise.  But I could be wrong.  Either way, it's probably at midnight.

Silver Edition Split Spades Lions also come out at midnight.

The Confidence Deck is in pre-order now!

Do you realize I already post much of this in the NDR?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:26:45 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:39:05 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Pardon my ignorance. But what the new t11 deck? Artisans?

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:58:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Pardon my ignorance. But what the new t11 deck? Artisans?

We're still not 100% sure that it is indeed a deck, though it's considered most likely.  The teasers have shown some kind of wooden box with the Artisans logo on it, which includes the names of both T11 and USPC.  It if was just T11 I'd say maybe they came up with their answer to the Eco Clip, but with USPC also being there, it seems more likely that it's a deck.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:16:53 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The Curator Deck might be HOPC's only release - I haven't heard otherwise.  But I could be wrong.  Either way, it's probably at midnight.

I'd heard that there will be a total of 3 new decks released across BC/HOPC. Assuming that doesn't include the re-release of Gold Crown/Snow Owl, then that leaves The Curator Deck & Luxury Deck - leaving one more? I'm going with a less 'luxury', luxury deck as was mentioned in a different thread.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 05:27:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'd heard that there will be a total of 3 new decks released across BC/HOPC. Assuming that doesn't include the re-release of Gold Crown/Snow Owl, then that leaves The Curator Deck & Luxury Deck - leaving one more? I'm going with a less 'luxury', luxury deck as was mentioned in a different thread.

It's possible - they'd probably do the third deck as HOPC.  They've done releases that were closely timed before, but never on the same day - but then again, this is HOPC's first Black Friday.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

you could do a quick search via the search board.

but to stay on topic, I have not seen any deals I am really interested in yet. I hoping to see some good discounts and will go from there.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 01:09:41 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The Blue Crown is releasing the Luxury Crown Deck at midnight.
That's included in the "7 new releases" segment.
They've implied that their releasing more than one deck.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:37:25 PM by KPopFever605 »

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
No, not having several topics all about the same thing is clean and organized! 
Well, that thread was dying and I believe it's much cleaner to have an "official" Black Friday thread.
Source?
Which one? The Arisans? - They haven't confirmed a release date yet, so I dropped it.

*Sorry for the double post. P.S. - How can you delete a post?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:48:41 PM by KPopFever605 »

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
No, not having several topics all about the same thing is clean and organized! 
Well, that thread was dying and I believe it's much cleaner to have an "official" Black Friday thread.
Source?
Which one? The Arisans? - They haven't confirmed a release date yet, so I dropped it.

*Sorry for the double post. P.S. - How can you delete a post?

Posting to a thread is how you keep it alive.  Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

Source?  David Blaine's Instagram account.  And our topic on the subject!

It's "Artisans", and did you check the topic on that?

Posts can only be deleted by omni-moderators, staff and administrators.  A.k.a. Curt, Peuan and Alex. But they usually only delete spam.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 11:52:39 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It's "Artisans", and did you check the topic on that?
Yes. Yes I did. I've checked the thread and their news feed. None mention of a release date let alone the identity of the "box".

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 12:30:10 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I have a feeling that t11 will be releasing the uncut sheets that they talked about a few months back (Jaqk, Titanium, etc.).

No real reason, just a hunch.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
With Black Friday dawning, what sales in the playing card world are you guys most looking forward to?

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Actually, for the first time in quite a long time, I am regretting my vow to stop my playing card purchases. I regretted it with some of the "limited release" opportunities I saw fly by under my nose, and now it's happening again... I think the decks that will be the greatest successes out of all those released today (or tomorrow, should I say) will be the Artisans, the Confidence, the Fathom, the Curator and the HOPC collab, and the v7. I believe the artisans will be a more custom deck, something similar to what collectors asked for a while ago and complained about with the Rebels' release. I don't think the split spades will be too successful, and I don't know much about the BC releases other than the snow owl re-release. Do you think De'vo has something up his sleeves?

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 09:08:40 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Do you think De'vo has something up his sleeves?
Don't think so. I think he blew it all on the MMD and the Dominions earlier this week.

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Actually, for the first time in quite a long time, I am regretting my vow to stop my playing card purchases. I regretted it with some of the "limited release" opportunities I saw fly by under my nose, and now it's happening again... I think the decks that will be the greatest successes out of all those released today (or tomorrow, should I say) will be the Artisans, the Confidence, the Fathom, the Curator and the HOPC collab, and the v7. I believe the artisans will be a more custom deck, something similar to what collectors asked for a while ago and complained about with the Rebels' release. I don't think the split spades will be too successful, and I don't know much about the BC releases other than the snow owl re-release. Do you think De'vo has something up his sleeves?
I'm surprised to hear you say that you don't think the Silver Split Spades will be successful.   Whats your reasoning behind that?
- Adam

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 09:38:55 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

If anyone hasn't made their HOPC order yet, I noticed they have some reserve ORNATE Sapphire Decks available for purchase as well! I just ordered some for myself (Christmas is coming!).

thanks, Randy

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »

Leon

• Newcomer
This is crazy man today all the magic website release new product like the blue crown .The blue crown was so crazy to get the 350 just to get a deck .Now the Blue crown is complained by the costumer and can sell their product .Now even David Blaine put out the split space as 3 per deck ,what a steal for David Blaine product.Just a few hour later E will release the new black A- deck and some old stuff .Later  DD will release their new deck and some product.I think DD will win this battle of sale between the magic website.Because they will release the final version of smoke and mirror ,a new DVD and some card clip or other deck.I think this year is the most bad time to ours because you can choose or just save you money.Example DB put out a SS deck just for 3 dollar but later on DD put out SM deck.This is the reason I hate them release all their things at the same time .You cannot choose between them SS deck is great but SM deck is also the same level as SS deck. Today have almost 7-8 deck release, I think today is the most releasing deck and magic product in the past year.Let ours see what will happen next. >:(

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »

Leon

• Newcomer
This is crazy man today all the magic website release new product like the BC,E,T11,DD.The blue crown was so crazy to get the 350 just to get a deck .Now the Blue crown is complained by the costumer and cannot get the result they want .Now even David Blaine put out the split space as 3 per deck ,what a steal for David Blaine product.Just a few hour later E will release the new black A- deck and some old stuff .Later  DD will release their new deck and some product.I think DD will win this battle of sale between the magic website.Because they will release the final version of smoke and mirror ,a new DVD and some card clip or other deck.I think this year is the most bad time to ours because you can choose or just save you money.Example DB put out a SS deck just for 3 dollar but later on DD put out SM deck.This is the reason I hate them release all their things at the same time .You cannot choose between them SS deck is great but SM deck is also the same level as SS deck. Today have almost 7-8 deck release, I think today is the most releasing deck and magic product in the past year.Let ours see what will happen next. >:(

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
This is crazy man today all the magic website release new product like the BC,E,T11,DD.The blue crown was so crazy to get the 350 just to get a deck .Now the Blue crown is complained by the costumer and cannot get the result they want .Now even David Blaine put out the split space as 3 per deck ,what a steal for David Blaine product.Just a few hour later E will release the new black A- deck and some old stuff .Later  DD will release their new deck and some product.I think DD will win this battle of sale between the magic website.Because they will release the final version of smoke and mirror ,a new DVD and some card clip or other deck.I think this year is the most bad time to ours because you can choose or just save you money.Example DB put out a SS deck just for 3 dollar but later on DD put out SM deck.This is the reason I hate them release all their things at the same time .You cannot choose between them SS deck is great but SM deck is also the same level as SS deck. Today have almost 7-8 deck release, I think today is the most releasing deck and magic product in the past year.Let ours see what will happen next. >:(
Well, today, as with all local store, they are competing for your hard-earned dollars, as it's the "start of the holiday season". And, by releasing all their "big guns" this time around, they are hoping to have you spend your dollars at their site instead of elsewhere.

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 11:01:19 PM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
This black friday dissappointed with the exception of the Silver Split Spades. All I see are "prize contests" whereby you spend either spend a buttload of money or some  money on overhyped items for a miniscule chance to win something. T11 you get what 15% off orders; Ellusionist 30% off one deck; and dont get me started on the letdown of snm v7 release. I guess I expected too much considering previous ones had limited deck giveaways with reasonable and varying priced tiers. Oh well I guess next year I should lower them.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:02:42 PM by agera94 »
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 01:00:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This black friday dissappointed with the exception of the Silver Split Spades. All I see are "prize contests" whereby you spend either spend a buttload of money or some  money on overhyped items for a miniscule chance to win something. T11 you get what 15% off orders; Ellusionist 30% off one deck; and dont get me started on the letdown of snm v7 release. I guess I expected too much considering previous ones had limited deck giveaways with reasonable and varying priced tiers. Oh well I guess next year I should lower them.

I don't think the Artisans were a disappointment.  Not as spectacular as some of the other decks out now, but we already know that's how T11 markets.  But I will say the hype machine was in a low gear this time - not too over the top, just close to it.

HOPC had a spectacular Black Friday offering - three new decks!  The Verve Shine Yellow is the last of the series, so there'll be no more of those.  The Curator deck has been hotly anticipated since LAST Black Friday!  And Russell's Heraldry decks are outstanding.

Blaine's offer would have been better if it was more widely announced.

D&D - big disappointment.

E - another big disappointment.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 02:19:05 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
E - another big disappointment.
Why? - I liked their release, and I think it stood above all others. Although they took a book from theory11 with the rewards system, I like the effort put into their annual giveaway. My heart surely pounded out of my chest when I looked at the prizes and how to win them.