Black Friday - 2012 Season

Author (Read 5014 times)

Re: Black Friday - 2012 Season
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 03:02:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
E - another big disappointment.
Why? - I liked their release, and I think it stood above all others. Although they took a book from theory11 with the rewards system, I like the effort put into their annual giveaway. My heart surely pounded out of my chest when I looked at the prizes and how to win them.

I'm looking strictly from a playing card perspective.  They released a deck that had a pre-release sale a week earlier (with LTD deck giveaways, to boot), and they released a deck that can only be obtained by paying a triple-digit membership fee.  And you can only get one deck, as far as we know.  And it will only ever be available that way.  As far as we know.

All in all, very blah.  Disappointing.  I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this - check out the topic for the Black Artifice deck.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Black Friday - 2012 Season
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 05:44:49 AM »

agera94

• Discourse Veteran
E - another big disappointment.
Why? - I liked their release, and I think it stood above all others. Although they took a book from theory11 with the rewards system, I like the effort put into their annual giveaway. My heart surely pounded out of my chest when I looked at the prizes and how to win them.

I'm looking strictly from a playing card perspective.  They released a deck that had a pre-release sale a week earlier (with LTD deck giveaways, to boot), and they released a deck that can only be obtained by paying a triple-digit membership fee.  And you can only get one deck, as far as we know.  And it will only ever be available that way.  As far as we know.

All in all, very blah.  Disappointing.  I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this - check out the topic for the Black Artifice deck.

Don, you've once again hit the nail on the head. It almost feels like a betrayal for E to release the Black Artifice on Black Friday for triple digits (considering the deck is all you want). The last thing you'd expect for a new deck release is, "Spend more than $100 to obtain this one deck"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:47:00 AM by agera94 »
If I were an eskimo, I would build my igloo next to a supermarket.