US Presidential Race - Obama Wins 2nd Term

Author (Read 448 times)

US Presidential Race - Obama Wins 2nd Term
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:16:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So, as of 2am in New York, it's looking like Obama has about 50% more electoral college votes than Romney, with Florida as the only state still being counted and not being predicted yet for either side.  Despite Florida being a close race, it wouldn't yield Romney enough votes to defeat Obama if he won the state, which at present he isn't (though only by a narrow margin of about 65,000 votes).

Who's up for four more years of Obama?  :))  I know I am.

It's not that I think he's the greatest president since sliced bread was invented; he's good but far from infallible.  However, if I was faced with voting for Romney or for a pet rock, I'd vote for the rock in a heartbeat, no hesitation...  I still find it difficult getting over his foreign investments and his time spent at Bain Capital.  And that's before you factor in his choice of running mate.

His ideas about reducing government size/scope and giving the wealthy the benefits do not sit well with a wage-earning union worker such as myself.  It didn't work with Reagan - it's been proven than when giving wealthy people tax breaks, there's little trickling down of anything because they use most of it to line their bank's vaults, becoming even more wealthy and creating very few jobs.  I'm not counting the small-business owner here, but the really wealthy, the ones that control a massively out-of-whack proportion of the country's wealth and leaving the rest of us with the scraps.

(And thus begins what might end up being a contentious political debate.  All that I ask of people participating is that they remain civil to each other or not bother posting if they can't.)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: US Presidential Race - Obama Wins 2nd Term
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:58 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Neither options were perfect, but I am pretty sure the majority of Canada gave a large sigh of relief when the forecast showed Obama crossing the 270 mark. I personally could not get over the crazy amount of flip-flopping Romney had on issues after comparing his stances now to when he ran for governor. His high level of devotion to his religion also didn't sit well with me, religion in politics always annoys the shit out of me.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:37:19 AM by Curt »

Re: US Presidential Race - Obama Wins 2nd Term
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:40 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Thank god. 'nuff said.