• YouTube:
i want to get some bee Watermelons

Re: Starting to Collect
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 03:41:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Are you simply begging, or offering to trade or buy?

Everyone wants to get practically everything!  Was there something MORE you wanted to add?

@TKnee: the whole damn collection looks awesome.  And HUGE.

You aren't married, are you?  No offense meant; it's just that it would be the rare wife who would appreciate a hobby that someone's that deeply into unless her husband made so much cash that it simply didn't matter.

At the least, you're inspiring me to better organize my collection for greater visual impact and accessibility.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 04:07:23 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I think he is just stating that he wants to get some. I don't think he is begging or any of that sort. Though I could see how it would be misconstrued.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 07:18:36 AM »

TigerKnee

• Hi. My name is TigerKnee. I am a cardiholic
Four deep?! I thought it was two. That is unbelievable. I dont have words for how impressive that is.
Seconded!
Seriously, how many decks are on that bookshelf (roughly)? And how many Bee Watermelons do you have?  :o

Not counting the ones inside of bricks on top, there are 1,627 in there.  As for Melons, I had 17 bricks but I just traded off three.  As you can see, those are my favorite decks!

Shoot! 17 bricks is insane. There are one a few decks that I would ever want that many bricks of haha. That's pretty incredible. How long have you been collecting?

December 2009 :)  The reason I have such accurate numbers is because I have all my decks on an Excel spreadsheet with the name, price I paid, date purchased and description!
I have no signature.

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »

TigerKnee

• Hi. My name is TigerKnee. I am a cardiholic

Are you simply begging, or offering to trade or buy?

Everyone wants to get practically everything!  Was there something MORE you wanted to add?

@TKnee: the whole damn collection looks awesome.  And HUGE.

You aren't married, are you?  No offense meant; it's just that it would be the rare wife who would appreciate a hobby that someone's that deeply into unless her husband made so much cash that it simply didn't matter.

At the least, you're inspiring me to better organize my collection for greater visual impact and accessibility.

Yes I'm married.  Wife isn't too fond of the collection to be perfectly honest.  I can totally understand where she's coming from though because my collection has started to go past the "collecting" phase and into the hoarding.  :(  That said, SHE was the one that bought me the shelf for my birthday :D so she's a little understanding.  My main excuse was "Honey, I'm going to make money off of this in the future!" so she says "prove it!".  I sold a pair of damaged Garden decks for $275 and that shut her up pretty quick.

Anyway, the days of me getting a brick of each new release are definitely over.  The price of decks have gone up to high to the point where I can't justify to myself to spend so much on a brick.  These days, I'm settling for just 3-4 of every new release.  :)
I have no signature.

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »

SpiritsCrusader

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I will definitely take a picture of my shot glasses and post it!

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
WOW. I have about 50 decks... Very impressive! Biggest collection I've ever seen! I barely have enough money to buy one deck and only some of the new releases, and you have 17 bricks of bee watermelons! Very impressive. However, I have just started collecting 5 months ago. My parents don't understand why I do this. They can't understand how beautiful cards are for me!

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOF3RGBQ11k
This guy lost his whole collection :( but theory11 is helping him.

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOF3RGBQ11k
This guy lost his whole collection :( but theory11 is helping him.

Actually, it was CBJ at these forums who raised awareness about the whole thing and brought lots of individuals and companies together to help this guy.  Alex is taking donations and mailing them all together for him.

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 12:06:09 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Wow, what a nice thing to do! I sent him some magic DVDs cuz all of my cards are opened.

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Four deep?! I thought it was two. That is unbelievable. I dont have words for how impressive that is.
Seconded!
Seriously, how many decks are on that bookshelf (roughly)? And how many Bee Watermelons do you have?  :o

Not counting the ones inside of bricks on top, there are 1,627 in there.  As for Melons, I had 17 bricks but I just traded off three.  As you can see, those are my favorite decks!

Shoot! 17 bricks is insane. There are one a few decks that I would ever want that many bricks of haha. That's pretty incredible. How long have you been collecting?

December 2009 :)  The reason I have such accurate numbers is because I have all my decks on an Excel spreadsheet with the name, price I paid, date purchased and description!

That's really smart actually! My dad does that with a lot of stuff. He does it with books he reads. I've been thinking about doing that but I'm not sure I'll remember the past decks. I guess I can start from now though haha

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Wow, what a nice thing to do! I sent him some magic DVDs cuz all of my cards are opened.

Hey Nathan,

Here's the thread if you want to read about the relief effort that's been organized for Carlo...

http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1341.0

You stumbled in to a great community here, with generous and caring people.

Enjoy yourself

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 01:18:02 AM »

SpiritsCrusader

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I will definitely take a picture of my shot glasses and post it!

well here is the picture of my shot glass collection, I know my collection is small but it will get bigger!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:18:51 AM by SpiritsCrusader »

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 02:04:57 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
YEAH! Zags reppin'! I like the shot glasses. I bet you'll get some cool ones over the years