You are Here:
Bicycle 808 Club "Play More Cards" kit [SPOILER ALERT]

Author (Read 9777 times)

Re: Bicycle 808 Club "Play More Cards" kit [SPOILER ALERT]
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
Just read a response on Bicycle's Facebook page that said as long as you sign for Club 808 up by Feb 18th (and live in the U.S. for guaranteed shipping by the end of the week) you will receive the Kit.  I signed up on Feb 1 and have not received the kit yet, nor an email, but am hopeful to see it soon.

Nice, if that's true I made it in the window. :D I must ask, have you received you 808 deck yet, I'm wondering if they will just ship the whole thing to me (kit and 808 deck) since I'm so late in the game for the kit (and if what your saying is true).

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"
Yes, Club 808 members will receive Play More Cards kits since the members are already some of our biggest fans. As long as they sign up by Feb. 18 (and live in the US for guaranteed shipping by the end of the week), they will receive kits. You can also sign up to receive a kit via the website (http://bicyclecards.com/rules) or through Freeroll Friday (check back the Facebook page tomorrow at noon). Hope that helps!

oh you guys made my day! So ordering this right now.... yea does the 808 deck come with?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:05:42 PM by DavidKenney »
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »

anep21

• Elite Member
Just read a response on Bicycle's Facebook page that said as long as you sign for Club 808 up by Feb 18th (and live in the U.S. for guaranteed shipping by the end of the week) you will receive the Kit.  I signed up on Feb 1 and have not received the kit yet, nor an email, but am hopeful to see it soon.

is this offer only for people in US?

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 09:10:11 PM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
Really wish I still had my gaming shop.
This would have made a great sales promo.
For people who play cards regularly with the same group of people this is a really nice pack but I am not sure how it promotes Bicycle and playing cards.
Probably would work better for people who play at a bar or club with a rotating group of people and others that "just watch"

still way to go Bicycle actually making a "collectors" club worth it. The brick alone is worth more than the entry fee.
Not like some Black memberships that I wasted $150 on and am only likely to see $20 worth of material.

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
Really Utterfool? Glad to hear that, as I was about to pay for that E membership.
This one, Club 808, I'll definitely pay despite not being in the US.

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
Really Utterfool? Glad to hear that, as I was about to pay for that E membership.

Granted it is only February so they have time to make it up. But $150 is a lot to make up

And E promised early notification and special releases. So far everything they have released has been open to the general public (besides the Black artifice, and the snowboard... Yippeee!!!!)
and I have received notice of all releases when everyone else does. It could just be my curmudgeonly nature but E doesn't appear that they are going to put to much effort into their "club" 

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Yep, in confirmation, I did not see Bicycle's post of window date. I messaged them directly and they said as long as the order is placed by monday you are good. So I went ahead and placed another membership order. Standards are about $2.50/deck...so the brick alone is worth $30 where the membership is only $19. That is the brick alone, not even considering all the other goodies and the Club 808 deck.
Another reason why I went with another membership....how am I going to play beer pong with only 10 cups? lol
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Ha! Mine just showed up! UPS

Let's hope they also use the post office - I gave a PO Box for my address...  But I know they have before, since as far as I know Wingra Direct is handling shipments of club gear and they've shipped to my PO Box before by USPS, so I'm thinking my odds are good.

Yep, in confirmation, I did not see Bicycle's post of window date. I messaged them directly and they said as long as the order is placed by monday you are good. So I went ahead and placed another membership order. Standards are about $2.50/deck...so the brick alone is worth $30 where the membership is only $19. That is the brick alone, not even considering all the other goodies and the Club 808 deck.
Another reason why I went with another membership....how am I going to play beer pong with only 10 cups? lol

On the one hand, in a big-box store, Bicycles can be had for as little as under $1.25 a deck.

On the other hand, the other goodies involved with membership are also still worth it!

BTW: did you guys notice that you can WIN the kit on the Bicycle FB page?  By a random drawing held every Friday (today probably being the last Friday)?  And that they give out HUNDREDS of these kits through the drawings?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »

chess

I got my kit today. I was happy with just the free deck and access to exclusive decks but the fact that they sent me this for free is awesome.

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
Standards are about $2.50/deck...so the brick alone is worth $30

On the one hand, in a big-box store, Bicycles can be had for as little as under $1.25 a deck.

Yea, I was just at Sam's Club today (or what it Costco?) and this same brick is only $14.95 - not trying to be argumentative, just saying you CAN get these cards a lot cheaper.

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular

Yea, I was just at Sam's Club today (or what it Costco?) and this same brick is only $14.95 - not trying to be argumentative, just saying you CAN get these cards a lot cheaper.

This is true although from what I've seen, and I've bought quite a few bricks at Costco, they all seem to be a little off. almost like the decks that didn't pass the quality check (i.e. borders way off center, etc) so they threw them in a package and sold them discount. Their great for performance where you tear, burn or generally destroy a deck in a night. It could just be me though but that's what I tend to see from those stores...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:37:58 PM by S.C. »

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
I usually bought em for card tricks that needed "signatures" or for "Card Warp"

Why do I put everything in quotes? I am so weird.

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 07:56:28 PM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
I bought the membership after hearing about this kit. $20 a year is worth it just for this kit, let alone the remaning 363 days of my membership.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
for some reason my card was not working. Wish I could have used paypal, hoping to get this worked out.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 11:21:10 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Has anyone else received their kits yet, because mine has not showed up. And by the pictures, I am super excited to be getting my brick.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 12:39:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I got my kit today. I was happy with just the free deck and access to exclusive decks but the fact that they sent me this for free is awesome.

Did your kit and your "Club 808" deck come in the same package?  A lot of newly-minted members want to know!  :))

This is true although from what I've seen, and I've bought quite a few bricks at Costco, they all seem to be a little off. almost like the decks that didn't pass the quality check (i.e. borders way off center, etc) so they threw them in a package and sold them discount. Their great for performance where you tear, burn or generally destroy a deck in a night. It could just be me though but that's what I tend to see from those stores...

They get the same brick sleeves that other retailers get.  You might simply be seeing the general drop in quality of the Bicycle Rider Backs since the move to Erlanger.  After the kinks of working with the new machines were finally dealt with, Rider Backs were still running a bit lower in quality, something a lot of people attribute to simple cost-cutting.  They're probably made at a quality-control "Q" level that's a step lower than previous.  They guarantee all those decks anyway, and most people likely won't notice or care about minor things like a slightly off-center back.

Having said how cheaply decks can be had, they can also go the opposite way.  Most retailers in New York are selling Bike Standards for between $4.00-4.50 a pack...  I can get Tally Ho from a local vegetable shop (yup, a "farmer's market" style veggie shop!) for $3 a pack!  Not bad by New York prices, but T11 sells them much cheaper in bulk.

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 06:23:39 AM »

chess

Did your kit and your "Club 808" deck come in the same package?  A lot of newly-minted members want to know!  :))

No I got the club 808 deck last month.

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
is this only for people in US?

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
I got an email that my "order" had shipped, but I assume that's the 808 deck. (on a side not those Griffen Backs look pretty sweet)

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I'm not certain - you'd have to contact USPC and inquire with them.

I got an email that my "order" had shipped, but I assume that's the 808 deck. (on a side not those Griffen Backs look pretty sweet)

The orders are handled by Wingra Direct.  It's not impossible that they'd send your Club 808 deck and Play More Cards kit in the same package.  It cuts down on their shipping, handling and packaging costs to send them together.

I got my Griffin decks earlier this week - I ordered a half-brick, the maximum limit.  The cards are very nice and the box is mighty cool-looking.  I can't remember ever seeing so much foil on one tuck box!

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

I've sent an e-mail asking that and the answer was: "Sorry... it's only being made available to U.S. 808 Club Members at this time."
I sure hope they change their idea, because it's not nice to have different classes of members. A member is a member. But it´s only my opinion.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »

Strag

• True Member

I've sent an e-mail asking that and the answer was: "Sorry... it's only being made available to U.S. 808 Club Members at this time."
I sure hope they change their idea, because it's not nice to have different classes of members. A member is a member. But it´s only my opinion.

Wait, what?  They actually emailed me and said I'd be getting this and now it looks like I won't.  That is really not cool, I'll have to find the email and send them some choice words.

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 12:20:46 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
from Bike their facebook page says

if you live outside the US. You will still receive the kit--it may just be after Feb. 23.

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It's an unavoidable fact that shipping in-country and out-of-country has an entirely different set of costs and level of complications in terms of Customs forms and variable rates in different countries.  The alternative would be to charge you a MUCH higher membership fee to cover all those international costs.

from Bike their facebook page says

if you live outside the US. You will still receive the kit--it may just be after Feb. 23.

Well, there you go.  It sounds like one hand didn't know what the other hand was doing...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:20:54 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
So, if you become a member right now!, you dont get the kit? or any of the past stuff (just the 808 deck) that they gave away??

Not that cool...

On a side note, maybe i should have asked ellusionist if new memebers of the black club get the past stuff that the other members got :/
Form Follows Function