You are Here:
Serpentine - New deck from LPCC

Author (Read 6092 times)

Serpentine - New deck from LPCC
« on: September 18, 2014, 06:17:24 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
LPCC posted this image on their Facebook.
"Slithering your way very soon"

Product Information

"Introducing Serpentine, a new classically themed line of playing cards from LPCC. We discovered a 100+ year-old pinochle deck at WOPC and fell in love with the classic back artwork and gorgeous faces. With help from generous collectors and playing card lovers we tracked down the original artwork. Our artists re-worked the back design and converted all the files so they were print-ready, as well as adding special touches like new pips and a custom Ace and Joker illustrated by Stuart Palm.

We printed Serpentine at a new factory, on traditionally cut European card stock, with precise printing registration. The cards faro easily, and our new Emerald Finish has a snap and feel in-between our stiffer Diamond Finish and softer Classic Finish.

Being a first edition, we printed a limited run of 1,000 decks in each color, a classic blue and orange, chosen to emulate the look of a classic deck of playing cards."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:18:59 PM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: New deck from LPCC - Serpent?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
The tuck box looks kinda bland compared to previous legends. I can't wait to see more.

Re: New deck from LPCC - Serpent?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:06:57 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Re: Serpentine - New deck from LPCC
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Few images of the design.

AoD is a main focus, rather than the AoS.

I've also modified original post to include the actual name plus product description.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I love them! :D

I'm a big fan of classic, traditional designs, and I really like the fact that the courts have skin tone, just like the Fournier courts.

The fact that there's a new stock and finish, and that too from a new factory, makes me even more eager to test out this deck!

I've ordered 20, along with 1 deck of Smith No 3... and so $102 for 22 decks, including international shipping, I figured that I couldn't go wrong :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:33:36 PM »

ozfan30

• 52 Plus Joker Member
I ordered some, it says it is limited to 1000 of each color, so really one of the most affordable "limited" decks out there. The new factory and stock are of course unknowns, but I am curious to see how it handles.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
These are going to be interesting. I'm pretty excited by these as well. Wonder what the unreleased deck will look like. Time will tell. I'm getting one my curiosity can not be denied haha.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 07:44:45 PM »

doubledouble

• True Member
^ i was guessing that the unreleased deck would just be a sharps deck but maybe i'm wrong and it's something even better.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 09:38:09 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I love them! :D

I'm a big fan of classic, traditional designs, and I really like the fact that the courts have skin tone, just like the Fournier courts.

The fact that there's a new stock and finish, and that too from a new factory, makes me even more eager to test out this deck!

I've ordered 20, along with 1 deck of Smith No 3... and so $102 for 22 decks, including international shipping, I figured that I couldn't go wrong :D

I'm with you. I love classic back designs and functionality.

I just don't want to spend the money.

It seems every deck released by Legends is a new stock and new finish. Not sure if that's a trendy term to get people to try them or a fact that makes a significant difference from previously produced decks. New is not always better. We will wait and see.

^ i was guessing that the unreleased deck would just be a sharps deck but maybe i'm wrong and it's something even better.

I agree. It's most likely a deck of sharps. A nice incentive.

I have been trying to get my hands on a few, if they ever become available more then one at a time. Keeping my fingers crossed that will happen one day.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:43:07 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 12:33:40 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Anyone else notice the change in the deck box?
have you heard the word???

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Maybe Zen?

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Maybe Zen?

Yea the Zen are certainly possible. I'm inclined to believe it will be a new deck, not an older deck they just never turned loose. Zen's do make sense. Then again, it may be that they're kicking out a third color Serpentine, or a sharps deck, or something no ones even heard of.

I'm excited to find out.  :D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Maybe Zen?

Yea the Zen are certainly possible. I'm inclined to believe it will be a new deck, not an older deck they just never turned loose. Zen's do make sense. Then again, it may be that they're kicking out a third color Serpentine, or a sharps deck, or something no ones even heard of.

I'm excited to find out.  :D

It's not likely to be the original Zen or Zen Pure.  There weren't many made and they were only prototypes.  Not IMPOSSIBLE, mind you, just not likely.  This also means it wouldn't be the newer Zens since they're being released.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I don't think it's zen or sharps. Lawrence mentioned in an email that the deck is a newer deck where the paper is softer than what they've printed in the past. Also that the deck has a new joker and some great metallic inks.
Im pretty sure it won't be sharps as I'm pretty sure these will be made available soon. You can still get a prototype zen with a brick of NOCs, so I don't think it's them.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 05:27:59 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I don't expect it to be the Zen deck either... purely because Zen is an EPCC deck, and not an LPCC deck. Both companies may indeed use the same Taiwan factory, and they do collaborate often... but they are not the same thing.

Like others here, I don't think it'll be Sharps either... because whilst the Sharps stock was 'new' at one point, LPCC have been offering the "classic finish" for a few months now.

I'm guessing it'll be something that is either totally unknown to collectors, or maybe the Bund 18 deck -- I've not seen that being sold anywhere (so far).
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Bund 18?  Why does that sound familiar?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 07:49:15 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
I'm saving up my pennies now, in hopes  of a Day of the Dead Cthulha Skulls, Calendar Deck
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran

Was that a hint?

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Finish?  Looks like 2 types of finish...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:23:54 PM by sprouts1115 »

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 06:23:32 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
The 20 deck deal with the free rare deck at LPCC's website is now sold out.

So, out of the total of 2000 that were printed, a fifth are gone from that deal alone. Depending on reviews regarding the quality of the new emerald finish, there's a chance that the remainder won't last too long either.

Shipping from LPCC is about as fast as it gets -- each time i've ordered, the package has arrived at my place in less than a week. I'm really looking forward to giving these decks a serious workout next week!

Has anyone else over here snapped up the 20 deck deal? It was basically less than $5 per deck, and then by adding just one more random deck (like a Smith No 3 for just over $5) there was free worldwide shipping. I didn't think twice about placing my order! :D

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 07:05:26 AM »

doubledouble

• True Member
^ yup, I did. still waiting on a carbon fiber clip from them from my last order lol but yeah the cards usually come really fast.

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 07:12:38 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
^ Great stuff Doubler! :D

Once I get my paycheck on Tuesday, I'll put in an order for a carbon fiber clip also, because I love the one that I got from EPCC a few months ago -- much better than those horrible Porper clips in pretty much every way possible!

Congrats on being one of the 20. Let's hope the rare deck is totally awesome. If it is a deck of Sharps, i'd still be really pleased because the handling on that is superb!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:15:34 AM by HolyJJ »

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

It's a magic bar in Shanghai. You either know it because of that, or because you've seen images of the deck on the LPCC website.
I assume you can only pick it up at the magic bar. Maybe have to spend x amount and you get the deck? Kind of like what The Rarebit did for T11's Rarebit playing cards.
This is, of course, just an assumption.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:34:38 AM by Nurul »

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 08:29:23 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran

t's a magic bar in Shanghai. You either know it because of that, or because you've seen images of the deck on the LPCC website.
I assume you can only pick it up at the magic bar. Maybe have to spend x amount and you get the deck? Kind of like what The Rarebit did for T11's Rarebit playing cards.
This is, of course, just an assumption.

A super handsome fellow named me posted about these when they came out. And it was non other than fancy pants Boyer  that found the link to the magic bar. I thought Don was doing the ole *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Ya I was in at that price point, very curious about the new finish. I really like the past Legend decks, and Lawrence is a real perfectionist on things like this, learned that from Aquila, lol.

I have faith the "Mystery" deck will be something cool  8)