You are Here:
White Sleepers Deck by Ellusionist

Author (Read 1475 times)

White Sleepers Deck by Ellusionist
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:32:39 PM »

Sterph

• Newcomer
The next Ellusionist deck was just released for Black Club under the name "Sleepers".
So far, hardly any information was released about them. If you have any pictures or other information, feel free to show them!
Also, the deck was released as the "white" edition. Does anyone care to speculate whether this means a new series of different colors?

Re: White Sleepers Deck by Ellusionist
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 08:53:46 AM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Gotta love those blurred photos, but does it look like the number on the index could be below the heart? Or is that just me? Not sure why they would do that though.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:42:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Gotta love those blurred photos, but does it look like the number on the index could be below the heart? Or is that just me? Not sure why they would do that though.

Could be a stylized number, similar in appearance to the hearts visible on the card.

Teaser campaigns are boring.  Sleepers?  I can say this much - it's an original name, one I would NEVER have chosen.  Whether that's a good thing or not remains to be seen.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:24:28 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 06:55:40 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Wow... I *don't* like it.

I also am tired of trailers like that which focuss more on the acrobatics of a person rather than focussing on the deck. I mean, what are they selling: the deck, or McKinnon?

It's okay for a KickStarter project, because in many cases, you're finding out about the person who's project you're investing in. For an Ellusionist, T11, or any other big company deck, I'm not a fan of such trailers.

Once or twice is okay... after a while though, it sucks. The Kings trailer was the worst of the lot -- the cards barely even made an appearance (I can understand why though, because the cards sucked).
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
HolyJJ, you took most of your words right out of my mouth!

Yeah, not excited about this deck, but I unfortunately can say I haven't been excited by any recent E deck.

Where's the next Arcane?  Artifice was good, too - except for the explosion of colors.  A few colors, done well - lovely.  A mishmash of colors/styles, not so much.

Hell, I miss when they sold trick decks OTHER than just gaffs in their own designs.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/