A terribly late introduction

Author (Read 569 times)

A terribly late introduction
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:02:54 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Hey guys,

I realized I never properly introduced myself back when I first registered here, so I figured I'd do it now. Better late than never, no?

My name is Marcus and I don't consider myself to be a magician, a cardist or a collector, although I guess I do a bit of everything. I worked for Ellusionist for a while, handling a bit of everything but I was probably most easily recognized as being in charge of their social media. After that I went to Murphy's Magic Supplies to help start up their social media presence and after that I took a well-deserved break from the magic and card industry. I've done a bit of consulting here and there when asked, but mostly I've been taking it slow and focusing on my own projects.

I used to roam these boards partly as a representative for the company I worked for, but nowadays I'm here as a free agent. I try my best to stay diplomatic and positive though I'm sure I don't always succeed in doing so. However one thing's for sure. I am here for the same reason as the rest of you - I love seeing new playing cards and similar projects brought to life.

So.. There's that I guess. Hello.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

Re: A terribly late introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:08:11 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome to the Forum, Marcus.... almost 3 years ago  ???

So tell us a little more about yourself.... like how you feel about the battle of USPCC and EPCC/LPCC.............. just kidding. I know where your at.

Seriously though, I'm glad you are here. I appreciate you comments. You tell it the way you see it. No B.S., and no blowing smoke. That's a good thing.

+1

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 02:15:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Darn it, Marcus, you broke my record...  I didn't introduce myself for nearly a year after I started!  :))

"Welcome to the Discourse.  You'll find that we're a pretty friendly bunch here, and we (usually) don't bite (and never break the skin)..."   ;D
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:12:14 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Actually, Rob, I've just written up a 857 page essay on USPCC/EPCC/LPCC that I've gone ahead and mailed to you per your request! Enjoy! :D

Don - You already have the post count record I'm guessing, I couldn't let you have all of the records.  ;)

Thanks for the friendly notes, fellas. I'll do my best to contribute to the forums.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.