Playing Card Chat ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ > The Source - Card Collecting 101

Catalog of Vintage/Antique Card Backs

(1/7) > >>

52plusjoker:
Seems to be a lot of interest in Bee decks on this Forum. As a thought - let's see how many different backs there have been since the first deck in 1892. As a start, here is a page from an price list of New York Consolidated Card Co. I imagine there'll be a few surprises there for everyone. Let's hope we wake up in the morning and find a mint Bee deck in our stocking. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

jmrock:
Wow, Wow, and Wow again!!! Just amazing… I know that I certainly have so much more to learn, as do we all, but I could never have imagined to see such history… Just fantastic Tom… I like every one more than the next… They're just fantastic… I would guess that they're next to non-existent in a complete, sealed deck format… You and Judy are very blessed to have such gems in your collection…

52plusjoker:
You're right - hard to find an old one in decent shape. We have a wonderful collection of PC makers' ephemera - we seemed to take an interest in 35 or so years ago when hardly anybody wanted it. This type of ephemera is so hard to find now. Over time we'll share more and more of what we have so everyone can enjoy it.

10ofclubs:
Those are awesome! Do we have any idea on how many of these decks are printed? I particularly like the one with clocks.

WKalush:

--- Quote from: 52plusjoker on December 24, 2013, 08:33:49 PM ---Seems to be a lot of interest in Bee decks on this Forum. As a thought - let's see how many different backs there have been since the first deck in 1892. As a start, here is a page from an price list of New York Consolidated Card Co. I imagine there'll be a few surprises there for everyone. Let's hope we wake up in the morning and find a mint Bee deck in our stocking. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

--- End quote ---

I think I've tracked down most of them (with much help from Tom and Judy and others). The price lists are especially helpful as they show what comes in and then goes and are dated. What is the date on the one you scanned Tom?

bk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version