You are Here:
New to the Forum, just wanting to say hey

Author (Read 405 times)

New to the Forum, just wanting to say hey
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Hey tDiscourse, my name's Justin, just wanted to pop in and throw out an introduction before I dive in and get started.
I've browsed the forum pretty actively, using it to find new projects that caught my eye or research what my next must have deck would be but I'm excited to get started being an active member.
I live in Portland Oregon in the states and haven't found a collectors community locally so I usually have to find information sporadically online or by haunting forums  :-\

I got into cards through working at a job that didn't let me have a pen and paper at my computer desk. I needed something to do while I was at my workstation so I brought a deck of cards in to keep my hands busy shuffling and playing Solitaire (Which got pretty boring pretty fast) and then found 52kards.com while looking for 'card tricks' on YouTube. From there I went a little crazy trying to learn cardistry flourishes and magic anywhere I could find online which naturally evolved into a very passionate collection of contemporary playing cards. all things considered I am a terrible cardist, an awful magician and have a respectably small collection and I love every minute of it!

I'll see you all on the boards!
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

Re: New to the Forum, just wanting to say hey
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:14:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Glad to have you on board.  Feel free to ask questions - we were all n00bz once, so we can relate.  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/