• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
Greetings and salutations all.

and welcome to the forums

It seemed appropriate (since I just jumped in to the discussions) to take a step back and say Hi and, perhaps, introduce myself.

Hi!

I am an avid collector of many (very many) things. (feel free to ask me about my other collections, I love to talk about them)
Playing cards being one of them
My interest in playing cards goes back to when I was about 16. We were helping my grandmother move out of her house and I found a box full of old Aristocrat playing cards  (my grandparents had apparently been quite the card players in the day)
These were beautiful old cards many of them not even opened. Unfortunately at the time I was not a collector of cards and used them. I used the hell out of them, but in the end that is what cards are for.
Anyway that set off an interest in cards and when I got older I began to collect. it really wasn't until about 4 or 5 months ago that I found out that there was a large group of people who shared the enthusiasm.  I was surfing the web trying to find where I could pick up a Tendril deck (which I missed on Kickstarter) when I stumbled upon UC
and that is when I came upon the world of competitive card collecting
Since then, a card collection that numbered around 150 after ~10 years of collecting has risen to >250 in 5 months.
Needless to say my bank account has gone the other way.

So I am an avid collector, including cards... lets see
I am not really a flourisher, although I have always been into cutting decks (long time card player as mentioned above) I have never been to creative with it. I practice now and then but don't really have the talent. Perhaps it is because I don't have very dexterous hands, at least that is what my wife says ( oh snap) .... hey wait a minute.

So personal stuff beyond collecting.
perhaps, but at a later time as this post is rather long and I really know none of you at all.

any way.
Good to be here now
I hope I can contribute in my own special way

Just remember
Just because one is a fool it does not mean they are an idiot.

TTFN

Re: A Complete and Utter Fool
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Hello Utterfool, nice to see you on here (I lurk around UC from time to time).

You say you collect many things, as do I. What are some of the other things you collect?

Also you said you have around 250 decks. Out of those decks, which are your favorites, and why are you looking forward too in terms of playing cards?

Once again, it's nice to see you here, an feel free to stick around. I hope to see you become a regular part of the community. Thanks!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Welcome, welcome. :)

It's hilarious how everyone who discovers one of these forums suddenly has a collection of decks in the hundreds. It's very addicting. :X
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 04:25:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello and welcome, Utterfool!

Hey, your collecting could be worse.  In about a year and a half I've racked up something like 1,300 decks...  My bank account can feel every single pack!

Have a good one, bro.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 04:11:10 AM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
You say you collect many things, as do I. What are some of the other things you collect?

My collections run from the mundane/ common;
Records
Mugs
Shot glasses
Dead Shows
Board games
Autographs
Hats

Some are collections from my childhood that I just haven't gotten rid of but haven't worked on in years
Comics
Key chains
Scout Patches

Some came with the marriage (or were at least things I wouldn't have dare collected while I was single, but now that I have a wife can say they are hers)
Teddy bears (unusual ones, Star Trek, Pict,Teddy scares, about 30 different Gloomy bears)
Hello Kitty ( ones from specific locations we have visited, places in Asia, especially Japan will release a special Hello Kitty that is themed for the location)

Some may be considered a bit unusual
SciFi toys and Items from the 40s to the 70s
McCoy smiley face pottery
Anime statues

Some may even be considered rare or bizarre
Goshuin (Buddhist temple stamps)
Gas Masks

really this is the bulk but I am sure if I stopped and thought I could name a bunch more

Also you said you have around 250 decks. Out of those decks, which are your favorites, and what are you looking forward too in terms of playing cards?

My favorite decks are
The Tendril deck
sumo deck
Big Lebowski Deck
The one or 2 1940's Aristocrat decks I have left from my Grand parents

I am looking forward to the day my internet goes down, so I can stop buying decks.
Actually the new sneak peak by 4PM designs of the Cthulhu deck looked great
It is probably the next deck I am really excited about.
that and one a friend of mine is working on and I have been asked not to talk about. (ohh, I sound all mysterious now)

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 06:09:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
OK, I'll ask - what the heck is a "sumo deck"?  Never heard of it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Hey, welcome to the forums! Are you also excited about the Ornate deck? It's sooooo beautiful! When I joined these forums and became active, in a couple of weeks I acquired hundreds of decks. My whole family thinks I'm crazy :P But they don't really see the beauty I see in these thousands of pieces of paper. But at least there are many uses to collecting: you can resell, play with, admire them etc... And I guess you've got a new taker on the sumo deck.
Anyways, welcome to the forums, I've seen you are already very active. Hope to see you some more!

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 07:45:52 AM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
OK, I'll ask - what the heck is a "sumo deck"?  Never heard of it.

A "sumo" deck is a deck of cards that I picked up at a Sumo tournament in Nagoya. It has each of the ozeki class and Yokozuna class fighters on the faces. This deck is special to me because I picked it up at the last Sumo tournament I attended which also happened to be the last Nagoya tournament Asashoryu competed at. Asashoryu for those who don't know is probably the greatest Yokozuna fighter of all time. He is unfortunately Mongolian and therefore was not liked by the Japanese, the Japanese looked for everyway they could get him out of the sport and finally after a Charity soccer match, a scandal over a suit and a bar brawl they successfully forced him into retirement. If he had not retired there is no way he wouldn't have beaten every record Japan had. He still had another 2 or 3 good fighting years in him and he was only a couple of tournaments from holding teh record.

So any way, that is what the "Sumo" deck is. Probably handles worth shit but it's sentimental is huge