Author (Read 1219 times)

My deck design
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:11:37 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hey guys,

This is a deck design I whipped up, It is just in pencil for now but I am looking for some input on weather to continue with this concept. Please leave any feedback you have, positive or negative it all helps me out. But if you are leaving a negative comment please make it constructive, If there is absolutely nothing you think is good about it and think I should trash it, tell me! just please tell me why.  I think it looks pretty cool though.

Thanks,
Aaron

EDIT: Pic was too big for the thread here it is:
http://s1149.photobucket.com/albums/o581/azroth14/?action=view&current=012.jpg
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:31:04 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: My deck design
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
First of all, little correction, its "whether", not "weather". Honestly I think the deck has some potential. However I think the back design is too repetitive and simplistic to be suitable. It would be nicer IMHO if you added something to the design, kinda like Sean Whelan added a celtic cross to his "fish eggs" design. Or you could keep your design as it is, color it, and do something special with the faces of the cards so the center of attention would be the faces and the back would be just a simple design.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
First of all, little correction, its "whether", not "weather". Honestly I think the deck has some potential. However I think the back design is too repetitive and simplistic to be suitable. It would be nicer IMHO if you added something to the design, kinda like Sean Whelan added a celtic cross to his "fish eggs" design. Or you could keep your design as it is, color it, and do something special with the faces of the cards so the center of attention would be the faces and the back would be just a simple design.
Haha I didn't know how to spell it.

Ya so that is just a sketch, I plan on adding color, idk what colors yet but there will be color. And I also think it needs something else on it, maybe something else done in the center diamond. I'll try some other stuff and post it here. Anyway thanks for your opinions.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:42:57 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Its too early in the design stage for me to say weather... ahem... whether its good or not. But I am more interested in knowing your story behind this design. I mean why this? What was your inspiration? What are your plans/goal with this deck design. :P

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:

Its too early in the design stage for me to say weather... ahem... whether its good or not. But I am more interested in knowing your story behind this design. I mean why this? What was your inspiration? What are your plans/goal with this deck design. :P
I agree. Is this deck some sort of way to liberate your inner self or is it just a way to express yourself? Are you planning on repeating a geometric design throughout the deck? Do you imagine it being multicolor or monochrome? Is there a specific theme you are trying to depict?

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
My story/theme behind the deck:

I have been working on several different designs over the past like year (if you guys want I could post a few). I had taken a break lately and was looking through my sketches, I saw this design sketched up pretty messily. I took some time to sketch it decently.

The theme I am going for is kinda a simple deck but yet complex, if you understand that. I want to create a deck that is simple looking yet colorful and nice to look at. I am using geometrical shapes through the deck, I think it looks pretty cool. I am almost done the first draft of the Ace of Spades.

My goal is to eventually get the deck developed and printed, obviously this wont be very soon.

My inspiration was myself. I will expand on that, just not yet ;)

I am thinking I will make it multicolor as of now, but I'm not certain yet.

Any other questions feel free to ask :)

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
purple instead of black faces! post your design for the ace!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
purple instead of black faces! post your design for the ace!
I havn't even started with the color yet. And I will post the ace a little later tonite.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That design with a lot of interesting colors could be quite nice. Consider how the recent MagicCon2 deck used simple geometric shape areas of color to create a cool effect. Definitely keep at it.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out