Author (Read 1272 times)

How to learn Photoshop
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:57:02 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hi Everyone,

I know alot of people here are very proficient in Photoshop and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get good at it. I have played with it but I can't hardly do anything. I am just looking for a little advice on how to get good with it.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: How to learn Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:53 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Hi Everyone,

I know alot of people here are very proficient in Photoshop and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get good at it. I have played with it but I can't hardly do anything. I am just looking for a little advice on how to get good with it.

When I learned I just played around with it and then starting making up small projects to try and slowly I got better and better. You can also try searching something on the web and then learn it from there. Or get a book. I personally like to jump right in and just learn as I go. That's what I did back in the day and I've come a long ways!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:44:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Think up a small project, something you actually want/need and then use google to find relevant tutorials. Photoshop is a complex program, don't expect to get it overnight. I still learn new functions every week, or parts I don't use all that often and I've been using it nearly daily since the 90's.

Start small, stick to it and watch some tutorials and you'll get there.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:18:43 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I just messed around, did funny little headswaps and stuff.  Practical upshot is I'm good at funny headswaps but not much else.

See?  That was originally my friend and his girlfriend.  That hate it.  Funny, but useless.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »

Brandon.B

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Wow, his girlfriend looks very...Butch.

Regards,

Brandon Beckman

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:14:24 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hi Everyone,

When I learned I just played around with it and then starting making up small projects to try and slowly I got better and better. You can also try searching something on the web and then learn it from there. Or get a book. I personally like to jump right in and just learn as I go. That's what I did back in the day and I've come a long ways!
Think up a small project, something you actually want/need and then use google to find relevant tutorials. Photoshop is a complex program, don't expect to get it overnight. I still learn new functions every week, or parts I don't use all that often and I've been using it nearly daily since the 90's.

Start small, stick to it and watch some tutorials and you'll get there.
Thank you guys for the advice, I currently have just the cheap Photoshop Elements, is this good enough?

I just messed around, did funny little headswaps and stuff.  Practical upshot is I'm good at funny headswaps but not much else.

See?  That was originally my friend and his girlfriend.  That hate it.  Funny, but useless.
Haha that looks awesome :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.