You are Here:
Introducing myself and want to know if you have ever seen this deck

Author (Read 10904 times)

Tako

• Newcomer
Hi All,
I go by the name Tako. I'm an extremely amateur collector with a tiny collection of 24 or so decks. I came across this deck I bought a couple years ago and when I tried to add it to my collection database in portfolio52, I could not find it. I did some googling and I still couldn't find it.
Heres thier info I got:
-Its by the Blue Crown
-It looks just like the Black Crown V2 BUT it says "The Blue Crown - 1st Edition" on the side.
-On the bottom it says "design by  fracturize" and the text goes all the way across the bottom unlike in the photos of the V2 where the text is only on half of the bottom.

Is this deck just the V2 and the picture is wrong, and the V1 refers to the black crown deck with a full black tuck with a small crown in the corner?

Re: Introducing myself and want to know if you have ever seen this deck
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 06:32:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi All,
I go by the name Tako. I'm an extremely amateur collector with a tiny collection of 24 or so decks. I came across this deck I bought a couple years ago and when I tried to add it to my collection database in portfolio52, I could not find it. I did some googling and I still couldn't find it.
Heres thier info I got:
-Its by the Blue Crown
-It looks just like the Black Crown V2 BUT it says "The Blue Crown - 1st Edition" on the side.
-On the bottom it says "design by  fracturize" and the text goes all the way across the bottom unlike in the photos of the V2 where the text is only on half of the bottom.

Is this deck just the V2 and the picture is wrong, and the V1 refers to the black crown deck with a full black tuck with a small crown in the corner?

Well, it would help to see photos of the deck in question...  It's very hard to evaluate from a written description.

There were TWO editions of the Blue Crown deck.  The first edition was a short print run and sold out fast.  The second edition has a slightly different card back, mostly having to do with a fade effect in the blue on the background of the card design, similar in style to the Green Crown (the Green Crowns were done in the V2 style from the very beginning, so their V1s look more like the Red Crown and Blue Crown V2s).  There's some slight differences in the tuck box as well, I think.  V2 Blues has several printings - they're a popular deck and are even available in gaffed versions.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/