Also New to 52+J

Author (Read 13015 times)

Also New to 52+J
« on: June 06, 2018, 07:14:36 PM »

Kevin Dixler

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer

• Facebook:
Hi everyone! I'm Kevin and I'm from North suburban Chicago, Illinois.  I l collect singles and decks. I started collecting in the late 1960s and early '70s, but stopped trading for a while.  My mother was a member of the PCCA and a charter member of CPCC.  By the time that I renewed my interest in trading, I learned that Bernice De Sommer had passed away.   I remember her, among many others.  I found out about 52 Plus from the CPCC people, who were no longer entertaining members having decided to merge members.  I am unsure where all of those members went, if any.  I collect both singles and decks, but my emphasis has tended to be on singles.  I am currently interested in expanding the whiskey, spirits, beer, wine, pin up, narrow name, and old wides, but am open to other categories.  I have many dupes in nearly all categories, especially travel, but have a suitcase or two full of singles in the form of decks, etc. to trade.  Many of the decks date back to when I stopped trading.

If anyone is collecting singles in the above preferred categories, or has other categories of interest, let me know.  I am open to trading 25 for 25, but someone with sensitivity to what is being exchanged.  I am certainly open to trading over the long run and want to see cards exchanged.  Something, that I not seen since I renewed my interest.  I've only had one member contact me, but his interests were very limited.

Re: Also New to 52+J
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 01:28:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi everyone! I'm Kevin and I'm from North suburban Chicago, Illinois.  I l collect singles and decks. I started collecting in the late 1960s and early '70s, but stopped trading for a while.  My mother was a member of the PCCA and a charter member of CPCC.  By the time that I renewed my interest in trading, I learned that Bernice De Sommer had passed away.   I remember her, among many others.  I found out about 52 Plus from the CPCC people, who were no longer entertaining members having decided to merge members.  I am unsure where all of those members went, if any.  I collect both singles and decks, but my emphasis has tended to be on singles.  I am currently interested in expanding the whiskey, spirits, beer, wine, pin up, narrow name, and old wides, but am open to other categories.  I have many dupes in nearly all categories, especially travel, but have a suitcase or two full of singles in the form of decks, etc. to trade.  Many of the decks date back to when I stopped trading.

If anyone is collecting singles in the above preferred categories, or has other categories of interest, let me know.  I am open to trading 25 for 25, but someone with sensitivity to what is being exchanged.  I am certainly open to trading over the long run and want to see cards exchanged.  Something, that I not seen since I renewed my interest.  I've only had one member contact me, but his interests were very limited.

I'm glad to have you on board - I'm looking forward to welcome more and more CPCC members as the clubs head to Cleveland this October!  It will be interesting to notice how each group influences the other.  When 52+J expanded its membership by including collectors of modern custom decks, the old guard was a little hesitant (some still are) but many members saw the artistry and creativity in the new decks and started collecting them, while the new members got exposed to the old school of card collecting with vintage and antique decks and a number of them were bitten by the bug as well.  The cross-pollination that goes on only makes the organization stronger and I can't wait to see how it changes with the inclusion of the singles collectors from Chicago.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Also New to 52+J
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 01:13:29 AM »

Kevin Dixler

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer

• Facebook:
I am partial to decks, but really did little over the last four decks to expand back into the older decks until recently.  I'd like to find a means to trade, but everyone may put conflicting values on what they own.  I noticed that CPCC decided to enact a code, because some were not returning cards in kind.  There was an understanding that if you tried, then that would be appreciated.  It is often difficult to avoid dupes unless you bring the category volume with you to convention.

One other issue.  The Forum should allow members to post any photos, not just photos of a certain size.  It inhibits the forum, when you try to post, but the photo 'allegedly' takes up too much memory.  Is there any means for an upgrade?