You are Here:
The-Con-Artist MUST GO!

Author (Read 3124 times)

The-Con-Artist MUST GO!
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »

Robert Butler

I've spent the majority of my day having to deal with a ridicules amount of negative PR from The-Con-Artist.  I never believed that they were a real company or were going to produce real products but I kept it to myself for the most part.  Now for the last hour or two me & Lance have been receiving nasty messages, spamming, & even my account hacked.  I'm sick and tired of the shit and would like to promote a complete Boy-cot.  The Shyster has caused nothing but animosity and negative discussion since we were introduced to his name.  ENOUGH!

I don’t like having to delete a post from my own page stating that we suck balls and that the con artist rules.  I can link it to him based on the things he was doing to lance.  It was my partner’s account that was hacked and because of that I’ve had to remove him as an admin for now.  This guy is causing issues that I’d rather not have to deal with.  Please let’s drop this guy down the dark hole he crawled out of and walk away.  If you like him, unlike him!

Sorry for the rant but I’m not known for my patients and I think I’ve put up with a great deal considering. 

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:24:04 PM by Robert Butler »

Re: The-Con-Artist MUST GO!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I noticed that a bit ago as it came over your Twitter too. That is just flat out rude and unacceptable. I don't know why anyone is "giving them a chance" at this point. Putting up messages like that on someone else's page is something a high school moron would do. Their marketing approach is preposterous.

I am glad I never liked them to begin with, I certainly don't want garbage like that on my page.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
This is unacceptable, I posted links to this topic on a couple of the posts on his page. If he hacks me oh well, actually that would suck a little bit, but I am proud still.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:58:48 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
They just posted on their facebook page with a very lame excuse.
"Yes we were hacked by a trouble maker! The-Con-Artist.com would never post anything negative on anyones wall, nor would we say anything negtive about anyone! We apologise for the confusion and drama that this child has caused to anyone. We will find the culprit and file charges if this continues."

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow. What a shame. I'm sorry that happened and I hope no further problems will happen. He's gone too far. We should report him, but I don't know to whom..

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Since he revealed himself you can call the police who, if starting an investigation, can use Facebook's software to figure out who actually accessed the account. When TCA was stupid enough to register fake accounts here, he didn't even bother to use a proxy IP.

As for his hacking abilities, I take it he either payed someone or cracked the password. Sorry but someone who doesn't constantly surf under a proxy IP address is usually not a hacker themselves, so everyone else you have nothing to worry about.

I honestly feel sad for anyone that continues to support that page.

FYI Tiffany had contacted me about the matter and once again stated that they hadn't even received anything from TCA and that the guy just emailed her with some questions.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Honestly, if your account was hacked, I don't think it was him.  I think it's much more likely that somebody hacked both your and his accounts.  He's trying to keep a façade of legitimacy going and has attempted damage control against those of us who found the truth.  However, the guy obviously knows next to nothing about security risks and gains nothing from doing something like this.  Plus, thanks to me (and others), a lot of people hate him and want to see him shut down and I can imagine people thinking this was a good way to do it.  I dunno, the guy lies, like a lot and we can definitely pin him for crying wolf, so maybe he did do it but I don't think this was him.  You should dislike him, anyway, though; there's a million other reasons.

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
You know what. I think I understand this. Maybe.
Maybe that Sean guy is the one who made the Spade Queen account, hacked the accounts, pretended to be a part of TCA etc. Maybe he's trying to get them to fail by taking advantage of their non-popularity. I think he's in this in one way or another.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I'm with Kanped on this one. No one would be dumb enough (hopefully) to hack your account, and link to his own page. I feel someone was just trying to have a little fun, and cause a commotion.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 02:31:22 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Honestly, if your account was hacked, I don't think it was him.  I think it's much more likely that somebody hacked both your and his accounts.  He's trying to keep a façade of legitimacy going and has attempted damage control against those of us who found the truth.  However, the guy obviously knows next to nothing about security risks and gains nothing from doing something like this.  Plus, thanks to me (and others), a lot of people hate him and want to see him shut down and I can imagine people thinking this was a good way to do it.  I dunno, the guy lies, like a lot and we can definitely pin him for crying wolf, so maybe he did do it but I don't think this was him.  You should dislike him, anyway, though; there's a million other reasons.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who signed up on a fake account here and tried to pose as someone else to do damage control for his site. Same guy who has conversations with himself on his page.

I think the more likely scenario is he payed someone a lump of cash to hack the page, crap all over it, promote his own work and then pretend on his page that he was hacked as well to make it seem like he's the nice guy in all this. This not only sends the message he wants to send to Robert, but also makes people scared of crossing him and also makes his PR look good because he's standing up for another business.

Do you honestly believe that he even knows how to press charges, let alone threaten to, against a hacker? Same guy who didn't know it was illegal to use the images he uses on his site, mind you. And he said "we will press charges" as if he already knows who it was.

His entire life's work on the web is reminiscent of this guy:

Forum Founder.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Maybe that Sean guy is the one who made the Spade Queen account, hacked the accounts, pretended to be a part of TCA etc. Maybe he's trying to get them to fail by taking advantage of their non-popularity. I think he's in this in one way or another.

Nathan, wwe already know that Sean Carter IS TCA; not a part of it, he's running the whole show.  He couldn't hack a... umm... bit of... wood... with an.. with an axe...

Damn, hacking metaphors just do NOT roll off the tongue.

I dunno, Alex.  Maybe.  But where does he get the money?  A few years ago, he called into an MMA gym once a week; there's no mention of him even being paid for that.  I guess hacking a Facebook account isn't exactly like hacking a bank, it could be cheap to get done.  Go ahead and see if Facebook will IP trace for you, Robert.  If it comes up Spokane, WA then it's him.  If it comes up anywhere else, I'll try to find hackers from that area advertising their services.

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Nathan, wwe already know that Sean Carter IS TCA; not a part of it, he's running the whole show.  He couldn't hack a... umm... bit of... wood... with an.. with an axe...

Damn, hacking metaphors just do NOT roll off the tongue.

I dunno, Alex.  Maybe.  But where does he get the money?  A few years ago, he called into an MMA gym once a week; there's no mention of him even being paid for that.  I guess hacking a Facebook account isn't exactly like hacking a bank, it could be cheap to get done.  Go ahead and see if Facebook will IP trace for you, Robert.  If it comes up Spokane, WA then it's him.  If it comes up anywhere else, I'll try to find hackers from that area advertising their services.
Maybe he's trying to make us believe that Sean Carter isn't him and is the one responsible for hacking.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That's really messed up and its just setting themselves up to go down. What Alex said about getting the police involved seems like the best solution to me. It seems pretty clear that it was them who were behind the hacking and they are making stupid excuses to cover it up.

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
It seems too far fetched that he would actually do something like that.  I guess we did back him into a corner a bit and he was getting more desperate.  I still get the feeling someone saw all the bullshit he was up to and decided to try to make him look bad.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Im going to go back to my old theory that he is just like a stupid kid who doesnt know what he is doing, he is trying to get attention to his deck which he THINKS he will be making ( probably thinks it extremely easy .

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Rob said he was receiving nasty messages from TCA itself. Rob do you mind posting the messages? I don't see why someone who didn't hack you would privately start crapping all over you, unless they were the culprits.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Jeez, this has turned into a right wee soap opera. Ignore him and he'll go away.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Jeez, this has turned into a right wee soap opera. Ignore him and he'll go away.
Unfortunately that's not how it's turning out...

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »

awesomeness12

• Forum Regular
I used to support these people. It's kinda sad they went through this much trouble just to cause a commotion. This is pathetic.  >:(
Most Recently Added: Variety Box v4
Decks I'm looking for: Black Crowns, Smoke and Mirrors v5, Centurions, Sentinels.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I dont even have words to describe this, It just seems childish, why would they hack respected and good deck designers and post links to possibly the worst card company ever. >:(
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
possibly the worst card company ever. >:(

I don't think that's a fair statement.  Card companies make cards.

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »

Robert Butler

After much deliberation and talking I've been told by a very reliable soured that they do infact have art work submitted to the USPCC.  The way I see it at this point is that if my partners account was hacked, it a possibility that TCA's was too.  As I remember, Aethers twitter was hacked not too long ago and similar messages were posted.  I'm going to reserve judgement at this point and give them the benifit of the doubt.  I started this very active mulisha and now I say let's take a step back.  I don't agree with there marketing methods but it's there company.  My mentor once told me that negitive feed back is just as good as positive as long as people are talking, your name is getting out there.  Perhaps they agree.

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »

ReaganM

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
After much deliberation and talking I've been told by a very reliable soured that they do infact have art work submitted to the USPCC.  The way I see it at this point is that if my partners account was hacked, it a possibility that TCA's was too.  As I remember, Aethers twitter was hacked not too long ago and similar messages were posted.  I'm going to reserve judgement at this point and give them the benifit of the doubt.  I started this very active mulisha and now I say let's take a step back.  I don't agree with there marketing methods but it's there company.  My mentor once told me that negitive feed back is just as good as positive as long as people are talking, your name is getting out there.  Perhaps they agree.
I am paranoid as hell now. Which reliable "soured" are you talking about?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:53:17 PM by ReaganM »

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 07:33:32 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Wow, That is something. I'd really hate it if my accounts got hacked and stuff. That would really really suck. But yeah. I dunno whats happening here, or why someone is out to get/troll other people. But this has to be stopped though.

Although this kinda reminds me of the incident with West Borough Baptist Church and the Anonymous group.

But anyway, I just hope that who ever is doing this crap would just go choke on a .......

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Wow, if you are right Butler, we could all be wrong. Maybe he's not such a scary guy after all. Just a normal guy trying to get some attention.. And we fell for it.

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

I read the first post on this TCA people

Whatever. Legit or not, from the previous threads and the evidence posted and how they are all linked together. The bad rep really turned me off. Whether or not they were hacked or trolled or got hit by ANONOPS, I will have nothing to do with them. unless of course they release a really awesome deck that I MUST have. But if its just a Merz-thing.... bleh.

@ReaganM - its a bit fishy... because wasn't Robs account hacked? what is stopping them from hacking his Aethercards account as well to post that?

"reliable source?"

but anyway, if its really ROB posting that, then i agree... just leave baby carter alone and his Con-Club. If he does come out vindicated then good for him ( I honestly dont care), but if her does end up "PANTS-ing" himself (refer to CHUCK series for the term), then we can all have an awesome SPY-ccomplishment party. ^_^

okay my fingers are getting frozen... Spring time is a b*tch. Too windy.

cheers!