You are Here:
XCM Black Deck?

Author (Read 1642 times)

XCM Black Deck?
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:49:31 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Greetings everyone... I came upon this on eBay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-SOLID-BLACK-deck-perfect-for-XCM-read-for-details-/150777734981?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231b0da745#ht_500wt_1413  Could someone explain to me what the H these cards are and why he's asking $250? USPC, Rarity, etc...  I did a search and came up with nothing... Thanks, J.

Re: XCM Black Deck?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:52:09 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Looks like Arrco faces, Idk who would pay $250 for that, never heard of it either.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:18:04 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i ask the person about this deck etc .. he told me quite alot of stuff but i think $250 is too expensive .. the only way to know if he telling the truth is to ask jason england lol .. he say he has give a deck to him

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 05:02:04 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Do you mind sharing that "alot of stuff" with us? It'd be nice to know more about this deck, or any other relevant information.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
The deck looks pretty cool if you ask me...

It appears the cards have Hoyle faces because the numbers look very bold
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
From the picture, the deck looks clumpy. I don't know if the sealed deck is like that as well, but it doesn't bode well. Why would an XCMer pay 250$ for non-custom deck, especially if it clumps?

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:38:07 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Greetings everyone... Thanks, J.
It is very strange to see you are so polite. :-\
You should have said "I saw a garbage deck, garbage, garbage every inch garbage deck". :mindf-ck:

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Et tu Digipunk? Don't get mad just because I didn't like those stupid @$$ Devo April Fools Decks or your new favorite - The Faith Deck... hahaha...

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Et tu Digipunk? Don't get mad just because I didn't like those stupid @$$ Devo April Fools Decks or your new favorite - The Faith Deck... hahaha...
Don't mislead people. Faith deck... gxxbxxe..every inch a gxxbxxe deck. :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
From the picture, the deck looks clumpy. I don't know if the sealed deck is like that as well, but it doesn't bode well. Why would an XCMer pay 250$ for non-custom deck, especially if it clumps?

He said it was good for cut flourishes.  Didn't mention fanning capabilities.

I'm still trying to figure out how an all-black back makes for an appealing appearance when doing "XCM" (apparently a De'vo devotee).
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen

Hi, the deck was designed and produced in extremely limited numbers for a special promotional event which featured magic. However, only two magicians were given these solid black decks. they were given out to the magician for performance. After the performances, the remaining were thrown away. I happened to obtain a few of them and have been holding onto them for over 13 years. The backs are solid black. The cards, I am told, work very well for some of the cutting flourishes as they tend to hold together nicely. They spread, but this isn't one of those buttery fanning decks. They are also great for palming work as the solid black background has a nice black art effect and one can be very loose and open with one's grip especially when working dimly lit venues such as a nightclub or cocktail party

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 10:08:40 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Even with the apparent rarity of these cards, the basic rule of economy is supply and demand. Having limited supply should only drive up the price when there is a large, or increasing, demand. I don't think there is a demand for this card other than 'oh wow, I've never seen that so I should buy it', so I think the price of $250 is a bit steep. Perhaps the reserve is much lower than that, low. But I definately wouldn't pay more than $50 for this just because, although rare, I know nothing about it. For all I know it's just a normal deck painted black on the back.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Even with the apparent rarity of these cards, the basic rule of economy is supply and demand. Having limited supply should only drive up the price when there is a large, or increasing, demand. I don't think there is a demand for this card other than 'oh wow, I've never seen that so I should buy it', so I think the price of $250 is a bit steep. Perhaps the reserve is much lower than that, low. But I definately wouldn't pay more than $50 for this just because, although rare, I know nothing about it. For all I know it's just a normal deck painted black on the back.
i am thinking the same way .. the max i will pay for this deck is $50 i bid $30 for it but immediately kena outbidded ... i think the person bidding is very keem in buying the deck

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

saurabh

• True Member
  • I love heavy metal music.

• Twitter:
So it looks like it doesn't fan. Its good for cuts? Meh. What deck isn't.

I think the guy's trying to pull a fast one.
Mentalist, Sleight of Hand Artist, Amateur Flourisher.
http://www.brahmaplayingcards.com

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 10:00:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So it looks like it doesn't fan. Its good for cuts? Meh. What deck isn't.

I think the guy's trying to pull a fast one.

Some decks are better for cuts than others, but regardless, this looks like it would be better for poker than either magic or cardistry.  I'll pass, certainly at that price.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/