Blood Wood XCM wood boxes
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:03:04 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
New product from Handlordz

from FB:
Introducing another LIMITED EDITION card product - The Blood Wood XCM Display Box with optional stand.

It's been over 5 years since we've made our famous wood XCM Boxes, and this one is to celebrate our Blood Edition Blades. These hand crafted boxes are made from "Bloodwood", and glass. The Glass front is very durable and is frosted on the inside making it easy to clean. The stand is also Blood Wood and has a glass piece that inserts into a slit in the box suspending it off the ground. A VERY limited number of these XCM display boxes have been made. The display boxes will fit most standard sized playing cards. The box and stand are separate pieces.

Each Blood Wood box will come with a Limited Edition Blood Metal pack of Blades.

A very limited number of these fine display boxes will only be for sale at: http://www.xtremehandz.com/ toward the end of March. Stay tuned for details.

I think they look cool, I will pick up a box and stand at the right price.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

Re: Blood Wood XCM wood boxes
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 02:13:19 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
My first thought is that it's a good idea with bad execution. The idea is pretty cool but the name sucks! I also think it's silly to sell the display and stand separately. It just doesn't make much sense. I'm not going to just buy a stand... I think the stand should just be included but should be optional to use. In the end I don't see myself picking one up
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:23:36 AM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
My first thought is that it's a good idea with bad execution. The idea is pretty cool but the name sucks! I also think it's silly to sell the display and stand separately. It just doesn't make much sense. I'm not going to just buy a stand... I think the stand should just be included but should be optional to use. In the end I don't see myself picking one up

where does it say they are sold separately? all it says is that they're separate pieces. i'm not sure why they put bloodwood in quotations when they were explaining what the stand is made from. bloodwood is an actual type of wood so there's no need for quotations. it makes it seem like they made it up lol. also, while bloodwood is nice looking wood, a red piece of cocobolo looks way better. or maybe redwood burl.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:24:53 AM by danktrees »

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 02:25:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Some people might only buy the box, using it as a sort of deck protector.  That would have made more sense with the previous boxes that had all-wood construction, but with the glass in this one, I think the deck would hold up better than the box over time...  De'vo has never been accused of creating products with the greatest names, that's for certain!

where does it say they are sold separately? all it says is that they're separate pieces. i'm not sure why they put bloodwood in quotations when they were explaining what the stand is made from. bloodwood is an actual type of wood so there's no need for quotations. it makes it seem like they made it up lol. also, while bloodwood is nice looking wood, a red piece of cocobolo looks way better. or maybe redwood burl.

BLOODwood fits better thematically with the Blades BLOOD Edition deck, the BLOOD Metal deck, and so on.

The previously-made wood boxes with De'vo's strange logo on them were sold separately from the boxes.  They appear as separate items on his "Sold Out" list, where old sold-out products go to retire...  Though when you check out his "Coming Soon" page, there is no separate listing for the stand.  I think that they're meant as a set, since it's impractical to use a partially-glass box as an on-the-go deck protector.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:32:49 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i think that some flourisher that are tight on money will only buy the boxes and use it for flourishing .. but for collecter they will also buy the stand so that the boxes can stand on it .. that what i think i dun think it truth so i did a search on google .. since don boyer is alway reminding me to use google ( i am giving him credits :D ) here is the link to the video which i found .. featuring the xcm boxes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVcI96VaPBA

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I'll try and get one of these, I was disspaointed in missing the last lot he released, plus they look very nice imo but I can see them being expensive.
UC

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:48:50 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That video that hawjinjian posted is pretty cool. I think the box is nice and looks beautiful but its not something that I am dying to have. The deck is already expensive so why waste my money on an expensive box for it?

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I have both of the original XCM boxes, and while they look nice, they were quite pricey from what I remember. I might pick up one of these Blood Wood boxes depending on the price.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
I have both of the original XCM boxes, and while they look nice, they were quite pricey from what I remember. I might pick up one of these Blood Wood boxes depending on the price.
what is the orginal price for the xcm boxes ?? i went over to their website and check sold out item but there is no price on the xcm boxes .. if we know the orginal price we can roughly guess the blood edition xcm boxes

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
When I made my original post I thought they were around the same price as a Porper clip, but now I believe they were $50.

EDIT: According to this thread, they were $50. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=93098&forum=2
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:38:10 AM by shutupdangit »

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 12:38:28 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
$50 isn`t too bad, The production price is probably pretty high, I don`t think I will get one but they do look very nice with the decks in them. :)

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 01:37:13 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
$50!! wow more expensive than a porper clip .. i guess i have to start saving from now in order to buy a porper clip , box , stand and some other deck

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
well $50 is just our guess, could be less, most likely will be more.

EDIT:
Just saw this on FB:

We are still deciding on pricing for the XCM box. Our old boxes over 5 years ago sold for $50.00 each + $25.00 for the stand = $75.00 Because these new boxes are more for display than XCM (glass work), they will all come with the stand. These boxes have finer wood, glass, and more craftsmanship. Expect pricing somewhere around $85.00 for the set. Limited Edition! Very Limited Quantities!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:46:31 AM by Aaron »

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 02:04:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
i think that some flourisher that are tight on money will only buy the boxes and use it for flourishing .. but for collecter they will also buy the stand so that the boxes can stand on it .. that what i think i dun think it truth so i did a search on google .. since don boyer is alway reminding me to use google ( i am giving him credits :D ) here is the link to the video which i found .. featuring the xcm boxes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVcI96VaPBA

Thanks for taking my advice!

I got a laugh from the video - I didn't have the audio track (no speakers at work) but watching the video and production values, it reminded me of some cheap analog SFX from the late '70s/early '80s!  Ah, the days of my misspent youth...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Is anyone going to pick up one of these?
UC

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
I am not this costs way to much i can buy a clip for $30 .
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:19:43 PM by Frost »

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
They are expensive, I would really like one as I was slightly disappointed I missed out on them last time but $85 plus UK shipping and a couple more decks will set me back about $110 and then I likely will get custom charges so I might be spending $140 plus in the end which is very off putting.
UC

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 07:08:20 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Well, they sold out already, which is good because I was on the fence about getting one.

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Well, they sold out already, which is good because I was on the fence about getting one.

I was on the fence during the day but just thought it's too much, I spend enough on cards as it is let alone a stand for one deck, I can normally tell whether I have regrets straight away but in this case I feel relieved I didn't buy one so I think I made a good choice.
UC

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:32 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I saw that video, and I have to say he sure is great at promoting his products. Although I don't have enough money for the Vaudeville, it made even me crave for one of these clips, despite the fact that I don't even need them..  :karrit:

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
BLOOD WOOD reminds me of some weird potion from the HARRY POTTER series. ^_^
But it does not look that bad, maybe if I had extra lettuce on hand I'd get myself 1 but I have to admit this is not one of my LIST OF THINGS TO BUY.

I still like the Acrylic card press more than this.
And of course Porper Clips.

cheers
Lara Krystle "Lane" Novales
http://laranovales.wordpress.com