You are Here:
Ask Alexander Ivory Finish Mistake in Printing

Author (Read 931 times)

Ask Alexander Ivory Finish Mistake in Printing
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I was just opening my first deck of Ask Alexander playing cards and after having cracked open the seal I wasn't able to open up the flap. I realised one card was stuck between the flap and the box, glued to the seal. What should I do about this? What would you do in my place?

Re: Ask Alexander Ivory Finish Mistake in Printing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I was just opening my first deck of Ask Alexander playing cards and after having cracked open the seal I wasn't able to open up the flap. I realised one card was stuck between the flap and the box, glued to the seal. What should I do about this? What would you do in my place?

Contact customer service. I would also take some pictures or a video just so you have a case. They should send you a new one to replace the faulty one.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Exactly what brown_baggs said. CARC has good customer service from what I've heard so they will probably send you a new deck quickly. Hopefully it works out.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
That's a $300 Deck on eBay any day of the week... Rejoice and put it up for auction... Just playing... As it was stated, whomever you bought it from should give you another deck without charging you and most likely let you keep that deck... I have one oddly printed vintage deck that I feel mixed feelings about... One side of me thinks it could be worth a bit more being it was printed off center (it sure is a lot more rare)... The other side doesn't really like the deck, being I'm a perfectionist and the fact that it's off center bothers me... Regarding a similar thread about a mistake during printing, that post about the D&D S&M deck that was off center whose owner was asking a ton of money bothered the hell out of me... I feel like just running him for his deck and then smacking him with it (joke, joke, let's not involve the authorities...) and I'm sure many would agree...

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:30:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That's a $300 Deck on eBay any day of the week... Rejoice and put it up for auction... Just playing... As it was stated, whomever you bought it from should give you another deck without charging you and most likely let you keep that deck... I have one oddly printed vintage deck that I feel mixed feelings about... One side of me thinks it could be worth a bit more being it was printed off center (it sure is a lot more rare)... The other side doesn't really like the deck, being I'm a perfectionist and the fact that it's off center bothers me... Regarding a similar thread about a mistake during printing, that post about the D&D S&M deck that was off center whose owner was asking a ton of money bothered the hell out of me... I feel like just running him for his deck and then smacking him with it (joke, joke, let's not involve the authorities...) and I'm sure many would agree...

I was never a huge fan of deck errors - but in some cases they can make for useful gaffs.

I had a Red Crown deck with one off-center card and an Ohio Propaganda deck.  I contacted TBC and met Alex Pandrea at the anniversary party, where he gave me a replacement in person.  I contacted T11, who stated they were out of even the backup decks of Propagandas and offered me a choice of another deck - I ended up getting red Bee Stingers, which I actually enjoyed quite a lot.

I think contacting the manufacturer rather than the seller will be more useful, particularly for a deck that's out of print.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I contacted them and am waiting for a reply. Hopefully good news, especially since the seal is starting to come off from the card...

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:51:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I contacted them and am waiting for a reply. Hopefully good news, especially since the seal is starting to come off from the card...

Something occurred to me - the stuck card, assuming the deck was collated correctly, would be either an ad card or a joker.  You have a fifty-fifty chance that the stuck card will have no effect on how the deck plays, and a one hundred percent chance if you never use jokers.  Using a simple paper towel, unmoistened, and some pressure, you can remove the glue from the sticker without having an impact on the finish, I think.  At the least, it's worth a shot.  Just take some photos of the deck in its current state before attempting to "reclaim" it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/