Author (Read 8428 times)

Blue Crown New Products
« on: March 07, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Is the blue crown releasing new decks tonight at midnight??

They write
"
Just about 24 hours remain until our big 1-Year Event. Whether you like magic, playing cards, or awesome deals, we'll have it all! Don't miss out - Thursday at 12am EST (wed night/thursday morning)"

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Blue Crown New Products
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Probably.
2 out of 3 are bill trick and card trick. So i think the other is much likely to be the new deck.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Probably.
2 out of 3 are bill trick and card trick. So i think the other is much likely to be the new deck.
Yeah probably a deck.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Nice, thank you for bringing that up. I am working a double this eve (4p-8a) and this will give me something to do during the boring hours. I have ordered several decks while I was at work. No problems with it yet. I figure I will keep pushing it until the IT department bitches at me and then I will claim ignorance ???  which I can do very well.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Damn @Deckofcards... Talk about getting deep on the playing card forum... Seems like a really bad guy...

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:26:06 AM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
Damn @Deckofcards... Talk about getting deep on the playing card forum... Seems like a really bad guy...
Huh?!? Y U no explain?

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:25:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
He's talking about the new signature you borrowed from me!  Yes, Joseph Kony is evil personified.

Re the new Blue Crown deck - I already posted about this.  It's called "Vaudeville", and it's full custom.  Look for my topic on the Blue Crown 1st Anniversary Party that I was at last Thursday.  I took a few teaser photos, courtesy of Alex Pandrea.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1951.0
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
He's talking about the new signature you borrowed from me!  Yes, Joseph Kony is evil personified.

Re the new Blue Crown deck - I already posted about this.  It's called "Vaudeville", and it's full custom.  Look for my topic on the Blue Crown 1st Anniversary Party that I was at last Thursday.  I took a few teaser photos, courtesy of Alex Pandrea.

http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1951.0
Oops :P  Don't mind if i borrow the signature right? ;D  He's a bad bad guy too hell he goes!!

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Oops :P  Don't mind if i borrow the signature right? ;D  He's a bad bad guy too hell he goes!!

Not at all - I'd prefer EVERYONE use that signature.

If anyone out there doesn't know - click on the link and watch the movie.  30 well-spent minutes of your time.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 12:58:55 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran

If anyone out there doesn't know - click on the link and watch the movie.  30 well-spent minutes of your time.
Thank you DON! :D  Indeed it's a well spent 30mins watching the video. I dont usually watch long duration videos on youtube, exceptions for Kony 2012.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member

Oops :P   Don't mind if i borrow the signature right? ;D   He's a bad bad guy too hell he goes!!

Thank you DON! :D   Indeed it's a well spent 30mins watching the video. I dont usually watch long duration videos on youtube, exceptions for Kony 2012.

Not to get too off topic, but here's something interesting to keep in mind about the Kony situation

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com.nyud.net/

Kony is no doubt a terrible person, but I personally do not support the whole Kony2012 program, seems fishy.

Also, http://www.vice.com/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:47:42 PM by Eyeball »

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I forgot to ask, is this going to be a standing deck or one of those "limited" releases that we have to jump all over each other for.

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I forgot to ask, is this going to be a standing deck or one of those "limited" releases that we have to jump all over each other for.
Good question eggman.  I was wondering the same thing.
- Adam

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Thank you, I applauded you for saying it was a good question. :D

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Hey, no problem buddy.  Right back at ya.
- Adam

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hi guys.  Our 1-year anniversary is a huge deal to us!  We can't believe how quickly the past year has gone by, and it's been awesome to bring you so many cool products!

While some have seen a few sneak peeks at our upcoming decks, we are NOT releasing a new deck tonight.  We don't want to give anyone false hopes!  :)

We have 3 fantastic new items and some other surprises in store, but no new deck just yet.

Thanks for the support!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
PS - If you love Crown decks and want to make sure you can get your hands on some at an insane price, you will DEFINITELY want to visit the site at 12AM (midnight) eastern time.  It will be your best (and maybe last) chance to get Blue, Red, and Green decks for awhile!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Hi guys.  Our 1-year anniversary is a huge deal to us!  We can't believe how quickly the past year has gone by, and it's been awesome to bring you so many cool products!

While some have seen a few sneak peeks at our upcoming decks, we are NOT releasing a new deck tonight.  We don't want to give anyone false hopes!  :)

We have 3 fantastic new items and some other surprises in store, but no new deck just yet.

Thanks for the support!

Aw, ah well 00:00EST is 05:00 here so I guess I can get a good night's sleep knowing I'm not missing out on ordering a limited release deck! I might check out the sale of the crown decks and maybe pick up some of those. I don't have any of the second edition and it would be good to get a deal! But, I'll do that when I wake up at a normal time!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:33:37 PM by Linguist_ »
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Thank you for clearing that up. I will still check things out at midnight as I will be up. Who started this horrible untruth about the release.

Thanks for the support!

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I have school tomorrow so I won't be staying up... and I'm happy with my brick of green crowns, and half brick of black crowns  :P

I was really hoping to see a new deck today.

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
But, I'll do that when I wake up at a normal time!

Don't say that we didn't give you fair warning that the Crown Deck sale is available for one day only, or while supplies last!  We think they're going to start flying out the door starting at 12...
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »

DeckOfCards

• Discourse Veteran
But, I'll do that when I wake up at a normal time!

Don't say that we didn't give you fair warning that the Crown Deck sale is available for one day only, or while supplies last!  We think they're going to start flying out the door starting at 12...
Even black crown decks?

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I have school tomorrow so I won't be staying up... and I'm happy with my brick of green crowns, and half brick of black crowns  :P

I was really hoping to see a new deck today.
I think it's a good thing they don't release a deck right away so they have more time to work on it. Also, I think they will be realeasing v1s for cheap, not sure, and will discontinue v2s after the sale.

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Black Crowns were for the holidays only, they won't be for sale again.  Maybe another prize here or there.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
V1 decks have been out of stock for months.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
So it'll be bundles of V2 crown decks. Guess this'll probably save some traffic on the site.  ::)

Btw @Reylek, please try to keep you replies in one post instead of double-posting. It just makes the thread cleaner. Thanks!

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
So, the crown decks v2 are also limited?

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The v2 decks aren't limited in the strictest sense of the word, as we will make additional batches.  With any print run though, we can only make so many.  So from time to time, the decks might sell out while another run is printed.

Right now supplies are getting a bit low, so there's a distinct possibility that they might go out of stock for awhile.

But you can now get them while they're HOT for only $3 per deck.  This deal is good for today only!

www.thebluecrown.com

EDIT - Forgot to mention that 12 random orders today will receive a FREE Black Crown Deck in their order! Just our little way of saying thanks for a great year!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:05:58 AM by Reylek »
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 12:26:31 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
3$ a deck is incredibly cheap for decks at this quality.
I really wanna order bricks of them but I gave up when I see international shipping.
I bought 1 brick last time anyway.

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 12:37:08 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
I wonder, is the 'mixed brick' option a random selection? Or it is 4 decks of each colour?
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The mixed brick is 4 of each color.

Regarding shipping, I think there may have been a temporary glitch, but there should be an affordable first-class option.  Please check again if it didn't show up for you before!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 12:58:16 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Yup, the cheapest option was temporarily unavailable for me, but it's fixed now. I got 4 decks along with The Myth and Triumph v136. Downloading The Myth now. ;D
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 12:59:03 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
The mixed brick is 4 of each color.

Regarding shipping, I think there may have been a temporary glitch, but there should be an affordable first-class option.  Please check again if it didn't show up for you before!

Awesome, I just got the mixed brick. $36 - $5.40 (discount) + $26.50 for shipping to UK = $57.10 in total.

That beats the price of these decks here in the UK by far. $9.40 each and free shipping would still make the total $113 if I bought here. Even if there is a customs charge, it will still be much less.

I had a look at the new products. They look good, but I already went over my limit for magic stuff buying the brick!
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 03:35:14 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I got three of each! I was going to go with the mixed brick but I decided to spend a little less this time haha. I'm super happy with my purchase nonetheless. Such a steal!!  8)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 05:57:28 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Shit man !! I want to buy the crown deck !! $3 is so cheap !! i have already bought 3 brick last time and sold quite alot of it to my friend who like the back design etc .. i hope to get more of it but my bank now has no more money and i dun have the time to go and deposit it .. haiz 1 day .. it over T.T

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Shit man !! I want to buy the crown deck !! $3 is so cheap !! i have already bought 3 brick last time and sold quite alot of it to my friend who like the back design etc .. i hope to get more of it but my bank now has no more money and i dun have the time to go and deposit it .. haiz 1 day .. it over T.T

Yeah I really wish they could be until the new decks release. I wish I could buy them together. But 1 day, hmmm. No hope then.

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
 ??? $3 crown decks!
Gotta love The Blue Crown! That its just an amazing deal for decks of that quality and beauty.
Isn't printing a deck more expensive than that?

Also, this is kinda off topic but Kevin, I won a twitter contest a little while ago and didn't receive my prize... The contest was for pop fly.

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
??? $3 crown decks!
Gotta love The Blue Crown! That its just an amazing deal for decks of that quality and beauty.
Isn't printing a deck more expensive than that?

$3 is very cheap for a nice deck like that. It depends how many they had printed in the first place, but most quality decks can start to approach $2.50-3 in cost. At any rate, those are great decks at a really great price!
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys!  The response to the decks so far has been awesome!  Really excited that people can get them for such a great price!

Evan, please send an email to info@thebluecrown.com and we'll get your download sorted out.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
With all due respect to the Blue Crown... I wish them luck with their sale, but I was happy that I was able to actually show some self restraint and not buy a brick or two of decks just because they were available at a cheaper price...  Ordinarily, even though I already have one of each of the decks, I would have just bought on impulse just to get a deal... I actually had them in the cart and said, "Do I really need these?"  For the first time in a really long time I closed the browser...

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
With all due respect to the Blue Crown... I wish them luck with their sale, but I was happy that I was able to actually show some self restraint and not buy a brick or two of decks just because they were available at a cheaper price...  Ordinarily, even though I already have one of each of the decks, I would have just bought on impulse just to get a deal... I actually had them in the cart and said, "Do I really need these?"  For the first time in a really long time I closed the browser...

Hahahaha... I am not interested either, even though they are so cheap :P
The Owls will be my first TBC deck. :P

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 12:51:45 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I didnt have that many so I took advantage of the deal.  1 mixed brick with shipping came out to $46.  Cant beat that! 
- Adam

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I took advantage of the crown deck deal too and bought half a brick of crown decks, as one of my birthday gifts, to try out cuz I don't own any crowns as of yet. Hearing the great reviews about this deck and this cheap price, who without any crown deck would pass on this great deal? Haha. After discounts and shipping, the total bill came up to around 26USD. That's an awesome price. Anyone one knows how long it takes for the package to reach Singapore?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:13:18 PM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 10:51:40 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I took advantage of the crown deck deal too and bought half a brick of crown decks, as one of my birthday gifts, to try out cuz I don't own any crowns as of yet. Hearing the great reviews about this deck and this cheap price, who without any crown deck would pass on this great deal? Haha. After discounts and shipping, the total bill came up to around 26USD. That's an awesome price. Anyone one knows how long it takes for the package to reach Singapore?

About 7-10 days or maybe up to 2 weeks.

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2012, 08:02:47 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Thanks phantom. Btw did anyone who bought the crown decks on 8 march receive their shipping confirmation yet?

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Thanks phantom. Btw did anyone who bought the crown decks on 8 march receive their shipping confirmation yet?

No I'm still waiting on mine. I got my payment confirmation but that's it. I'm guessing that they have a good amount of orders to fill so it's taking some time. I guess we just have to be patient.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys! Yup, definitely lots of orders to fill.  Many went out on Thursday and Friday, but there are still some left to go.  I believe everyone should be caught up by the end of the day on Monday.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 12:24:40 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
I just received my mixed brick today, which I think is an ideal speed of delivery (just over two weeks). The box was a bit torn and damaged, but I'm never fussed with that if the seller packs the box well, and they did not disappoint! Decks were all in perfect condition. Additionally, The Blue Crown put the value on the customs declaration at a number that meant the package didn't get caught up in customs and give me a charge. I guess I shouldn't advocate that since it's illegitimate, but it sure tastes sweet to not have to go through that process!

Looking forward to using these decks as my new 'standard'. 12 decks should last me a good long time (I've only used four decks in the past 5 years).
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 04:51:20 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
The Blue Crown put the value on the customs declaration at a number that meant the package didn't get caught up in customs

I have found many sellers put on their cost on the packages - rather than the retail price they're selling it for. Of course for many new decks this is really in the $3-5 range.

I think this is actually the correct thing - that it is meant to be the person posting the package's (wholesale) cost. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken). In any case it definitely helps if you need to fit below a limit...
 ;)

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 11:37:39 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
The Blue Crown put the value on the customs declaration at a number that meant the package didn't get caught up in customs

I have found many sellers put on their cost on the packages - rather than the retail price they're selling it for. Of course for many new decks this is really in the $3-5 range.

I think this is actually the correct thing - that it is meant to be the person posting the package's (wholesale) cost. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken). In any case it definitely helps if you need to fit below a limit...
 ;)
I think that normally you should put the price the buyer bought them for because that is their price on the market.

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:29 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member

;)

I don't know about the laws in your country, but from Her Majerty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) here in UK, they address the issue explicitly:

Make sure the supplier completes an accurate Customs Declaration
Goods arriving in the UK from outside the EU by post or courier must have a Customs Declaration fixed to the package - completed by the sender. The declaration should include:

a description of the goods
    their value
    whether they are gifts, commercial or personal items

Some websites will offer to show a value on the Customs Declaration that's much lower than the actual price paid so that you don't have to pay duty and/or VAT when the goods enter the UK. This is wrong: if you're ordering goods over the Internet, it is in your own interest to make sure that the sender abroad makes a complete and accurate declaration. If no declaration is made, or the information is inaccurate, the package may be delayed whilst the UK Border Agency makes further enquiries, or in some cases the package and its contents may be seized and as the importer of the goods you will be liable for any charges.
Oh, Lawd!