You are Here:
The Style Deck by BEDECEIVED

Author (Read 16059 times)

The Style Deck by BEDECEIVED
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:36 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
Just out of curiosity, Did anyone actually order this deck? If so are they actually producing these or are they still in the "pre-order" stage?

For those who don't know about these you can see the deck I'm referring to at www.bedeceived.com

Re: The Style Deck by BEDECEIVED
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:01:50 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
They have been produced, sold, and shipped. They are out of stock now though so they are taking pre-orders for the next batch. I'm pretty sure that's what's up. I could be wrong though. That's what they told me in an email they sent me responding to a question I had. Hope that helps!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:16:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
They have been produced, sold, and shipped. They are out of stock now though so they are taking pre-orders for the next batch. I'm pretty sure that's what's up. I could be wrong though. That's what they told me in an email they sent me responding to a question I had. Hope that helps!

The Nov. 5th event was still just a pre-release, according to their own web store.  They're on pre-order now for the FIRST run of the deck, which doesn't come out until next month.  The email and the store can't both be right.

It's got some nice points to it, but I give it a C-minus for originality.  The back is boring and looks like an advertisement, while the faces look like they were cribbed from the T11 Sentinels deck.  I plan to pass.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 06:21:25 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
Does anybody have confirmation they actually have an order in with USPC or is this gonna be another "Pale Riders" delay...delay...What Had Happened?

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 06:27:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Does anybody have confirmation they actually have an order in with USPC or is this gonna be another "Pale Riders" delay...delay...What Had Happened?

Look, what kind of "confirmation" are you talking about?  A letter from the CEO of USPC?

Look at the store page:
http://bedeceived.com/launched/shop/decks/the-style-deck/

It explains the fact that they're arriving and getting shipped next month.  I haven't heard boo about the deck being delayed.  I think you're confusing the pre-release event in November with an actual release - they simply started taking pre-orders then, that's all.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 06:46:46 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I was simply asking if anyone who had ordered the deck had gotten confirmation from them that the cards had been ordered and were expected to arrive on x date. Maybe I should have phrased the question differently.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 06:48:04 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I was simply asking if anyone who had ordered the deck had gotten confirmation from them that the cards had been ordered and were expected to arrive on x date. Maybe I should have phrased the question differently.

@Sabacc's answer still works for the question. check the site out haha

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 06:56:51 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I have checked the site out it says they're gonna arrive sometime in January.  My question was directed @ anybody who had ordered the cards....I have not and apparently neither has anyone who has posted a comment.  If no one has ordered the cards then let the thread die...My question was pretty simple...at least I thought so anyway...

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Okay I get what you saying.. I think. I have one deck coming that I won in one of their contests. They haven't said anything and as far as I know they are scheduled to ship in January like the site says.

Does that help?  :)

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 07:01:18 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
thank you...yes that's all I needed to know.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 07:04:18 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah no problem! I'll let you know if there are any big changes in the shipping or anything

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 07:24:51 AM »

Robert Butler

There decks are in line at the USPCC to be printed and are likely in production at this point.  The Style decks are bought and paid for at the USPCC and will be released during the New Year but they have not been released yet so this is the first batch.  Bedeceived just received the proofs about 3 weeks ago.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
There decks are in line at the USPCC to be printed and are likely in production at this point.  The Style decks are bought and paid for at the USPCC and will be released during the New Year but they have not been released yet so this is the first batch.  Bedeceived just received the proofs about 3 weeks ago.

Do you know an estimate time that this deck will be printed?

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Oh okay cool! Thanks for the information!! I must have been a little confused, I'll read over their email again haha

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 06:02:19 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
This deck is like a lot of releases this year, the box and ace of spades are awesome but the back is disappointing. :-\
Looks like designers are following T11 in the idea that the box is more important than the cards themselves... Personally, I'd much rather have a pretty deck in an ugly box than an ugly deck in a pretty box.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:03:17 PM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 07:45:19 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
This deck is like a lot of releases this year, the box and ace of spades are awesome but the back is disappointing. :-\
Looks like designers are following T11 in the idea that the box is more important than the cards themselves... Personally, I'd much rather have a pretty deck in an ugly box than an ugly deck in a pretty box.

Personally, I'd rather wait an extra two months for a deck and have a pretty everything. Why settle for anything less than good?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I agree with Alex. I wasn't planning on getting one during the pre-release but I got lucky and won one. I know they have two more decks coming in this trilogy. I'm hoping that they take their time and really knock the next two out of the park. I see a lot of potential in this company and I think with a little more time and effort that could make some great looking decks. When I get my deck I'll be sure to post a review on the forums

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Personally, I'd rather wait an extra two months for a deck and have a pretty everything. Why settle for anything less than good?
That goes without saying. ::)
But my point is that T11 and others seem to design a box, and then think "Hey, we could even put cards in that thing!" rather that designing the deck and then making a box that really suits the design. Look at the monarchs for example. The box is all fancy with a lot of elements, gold foil, embossing and all... While the cards themselves are just a fraction of all that. The gold monarchs are a little more worthy of the box, but the standard ones are ridiculous.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
That goes without saying. ::)
But my point is that T11 and others seem to design a box, and then think "Hey, we could even put cards in that thing!" rather that designing the deck and then making a box that really suits the design. Look at the monarchs for example. The box is all fancy with a lot of elements, gold foil, embossing and all... While the cards themselves are just a fraction of all that. The gold monarchs are a little more worthy of the box, but the standard ones are ridiculous.

Not to get off topic, but indeed the cards inside the Monarch tuck case do not live up to the case itself. The artwork, because it lacks depth, lacks any real artistic value. As far as the skill level required to accomplish that design, I think anyone that has messed around with the Illustrator/Photoshop pen tool will tell you that it's something any designer with a few months of practice can do in a few hours.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Getting back to the bedeceived deck, I really like a lot of the parts of it. But that back just kills it for me. Looks like a website banner and their logo just doesn't look quite professional enough to me. Pretty cool deck, but one I'll pass on.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
this deck went up for sale tonight. anyone get any? i might get one just to check em out. i also want the joker shirt cuz i think it looks awesome.

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:08 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I won one deck in one of their contests, so I'm just going to check that deck out. If I like it I'll probably pick a couple more up from their site (or reseller). I don't think this deck was a huge hit with everybody on here.

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:10 AM »

chdmagicdude

• Discourse Lover

• YouTube:
i dont have any money so i well pick some up from a reseller.

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 03:47:40 AM »

Atheosile

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Just out of curiosity, Did anyone actually order this deck? If so are they actually producing these or are they still in the "pre-order" stage?

For those who don't know about these you can see the deck I'm referring to at www.bedeceived.com
I ordered a brick of them during the pre-sale a few days ago and I got this in response to the differences of the pre-sale and resale.
"Hey Mike!

The only difference is that with the preorder you get a free wristband. Besides that, there is no difference.

Can’t wait to get your deck out to you! Your’s is being shipped out today I believe.

Collin"

So I can only assume my decks will be shipped out soon here. I hope this helps you munro159. ;)

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The website is no longer in pre-order mode - they're accepting purchases and shipping product.

I look forward to hearing from someone who gets this deck as to what they're like.  So far, I'm not impressed.