Our Deepest Condolences on the Loss of Tom Dawson

Author (Read 12734 times)

Re: Prayers & Positive Energy For Tom Dawson's Recovery
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 08:30:13 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
My most sincere condolences to you and your family Judy. 
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
My sincere condolences to you and your's, Judy. It's just such sad news and I'm really sorry to hear it.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:31:04 PM by bhong »

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 09:21:58 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
My sincere condolences, Judy...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Please accept my heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Judy. My thoughts are with you.

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 12:05:24 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Incredibly sad news.

My deepest condolences. 
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 01:50:42 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
My father passed away yesterday morning and now another good man is taken from this earth. My deepest condolences Judy to you and your family, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:10:38 AM by Anthony »

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 01:53:08 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
It is a very sad day. Susan and I wish sincere condolences to Judy and her family. Tom was truly one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Randy

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 02:22:52 AM »

ivan

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
What a sad day. Deepest condolences, Judy.

Recent Post:
+ Designers: Realising the Vision with Lotrek of Venexiana Playing Cards fb.me/6AdE6sqej
+ Analytics: Project by Numbers- Federal 52 Pt II http://fb.me/2OyvCJgXU
+ Kickstarter: 7 Questions with Lorenzo Gaggiotti of Requiem Playing Cards http://fb.me/WKgT2S0e

Re: Our Deepest Condolences on the Loss of Tom Dawson
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 06:10:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I was crushed when I heard the news from Lee upon waking up for work this evening.  Judy, you and your family have my heartfelt condolences.  I'm making arrangements to take some time off from work to be there for the funeral, I have dibs on Lee's couch.

If I'm fortunate, I'll be arriving before the weekend and will gladly assist with anything I can help with while I'm in town.  I'm driving in so I'll have my car - I figured airfare on a holiday weekend at the last minute would be punishingly expensive or completely unavailable.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 09:36:58 AM »

Worst Bower

• Forum Regular
My condolences to Judy and their family. I hope they will get through this difficult time and remember the wisdom and joy he brought to those around him.

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 10:02:16 AM »

Eddie Hughlett

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Tom,

RIP my brother-in-cards.

Judy,

Know that the constant stream of North Texas wishes of healing for Tom will silently shift to you and your family as you go through this difficult time. The legacy of Tom Dawson will live for years on end as a dedicated husband, family and card man. That is an honorable thing to live for and an accomplishment that did not go unnoticed.

Peacefully,
"...almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."

- S.W. Erdnase

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »

Slowhand

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Judy my heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. I am truly saddened by Tom's passing. Even though i haven't seen you both in many years, i did get to converse with him occasionally through the forum or 52+. He was a true gentleman and a wonderful man. I will miss the man I always called "Mista T." because he truly was one of the A-Team... R.I.P. Tom...  maybe we'll finally get to play a round of golf in heaven...

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 12:14:39 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
What heartbreaking news.  Judy, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:14:53 PM by PrincessTrouble »

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 12:29:29 PM »

DougR

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Carmen and I are both deeply saddened by this awful news.

Our thoughts & prayers are with Judy and the entire family at this sad time.
The world seems a bit darker today...

Doug & Carmen Rickenback

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 01:34:26 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Tom and Judy are some of the most genuine folks I've run across in my life. Some people you just "know" immediately, and you can tell that they have wonderful hearts and a desire to share their blessings. Tom was so willing to share his vast knowledge of cards and I learned a lot by talking and having some dinners with him at the conventions. He will be greatly missed!

Judy, I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss and please know that you and husband have touched so many people around the world in such a wonderful way. I'm sure I speak for everyone to say that knowing you both is a blessing.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Judy, I am so so sorry to hear such heartbreaking news. I never had the pleasure but from all of the love and support I see here it is clear to me that Tom was a wonderful man and great friend. This is truly a terrible loss and I hope you find some small comfort in all of the wonderful and kind words here.

My father passed away yesterday morning and now another good man is taken from this earth. My deepest condolences Judy to you and your family, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
Anthony, I couldn't be more sad to hear of your loss as well. These are sad and dark times and I know that I speak for everyone on the forum when I say that our love and best wishes go out to you and your family as well.

Two great men too many have left us
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »

adhex5150

• True Member
Sorry to hear the sad news.

My deep condolences and prayer for Judy and the family!
"Behind every great King there's a great Queen"
www.threeofclubs.net
Aquila Playing Card : https://www.facebook.com/AquilaPlayingCards

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »

rousselle

• Forum Regular
To all who have known Tom Dawson, you have my sincerest condolences.

I have not had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but through our brief interactions here and there, it has always been clear that he is a remarkable man who has contributed greatly to this community.

I humbly take my proverbial hat off in salute, and cherish all that he has contributed to our community and our shared passions.
There are no 3's in rousselle. There are, however, two s's, two l's, two e's (but not in a row), an r, an o, and a u.

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 09:48:55 PM »

Angeldancer

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
So sorry to hear about Tom's passing. You are in my prayers Judy. He will be missed.
"Life is like a deal from a deck of cards, you never know what you'll get." - 52 Plus Joker member

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2016, 02:53:33 PM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Information about Celebrating Tom Dawson's Life Well Lived:

Dear Family and Friends,

Your emails have been so extraordinary and have meant more to me than you could possibly imagine and I plan to write you all in thanks. Right now my focus, along with our kids, is to give Tom the very best celebration of a life well lived.

There will be one visitation on Easter Sunday – March 27 - at Rosar-Morrison Funeral Home and Chapel at 467 Sherbourne Street, from 2-5 p.m. As a personal tribute to Tom, I would love it if you would bring one long stem flower of any kind and colour to the visitation, which we plan to use to make special bouquets for the funeral on Monday.

The funeral will be on Easter Monday – March 28 - at 10 a.m. at Our Lady of Lourdes parish (520 Sherbourne Street).  A reception will follow at Rosar-Morrison. 

In lieu of flowers, the family request donations be sent to St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation in support of the MSICU, in grateful thanks for the exceptional care that Tom received. Please visit http://www.stmichaelsfoundation.com or call (416) 864-5000 to donate. There will also be donation cards available at the visitation and funeral.

We hope you will join us in celebrating the wonderful life that was Tom's.

Thanks with love and tears
Judy 

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2016, 09:29:24 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
It's always sad to hear of one's passing... my deepest condolences to the Dawson family.

I never got to speak to Tom (I'm relatively new to card collecting, in comparison to most members here), but still, even I know that Tom Dawson is legendary. Quite possibly the greatest playing card collector of all time.

Tom's legacy will live on, long after even we're all gone. Indeed, a life well lived, and a life that deserves to be celebrated.

I tip my hat off to the great innings of Tom Dawson.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2016, 06:29:49 PM »

Cryptocard27

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
~~ This card just for you ~~

Fly away into the sky like this eagle and have a gentle and peaceful journey Tom! Your presence has made this place so great, and the good memories we all have of you shall continue to illuminate the heart of this forum and our mutual love for the world of playing cards.

Rest in peace collector friend, our thoughts and prayers are with you..
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:45:30 PM by Cryptocard27 »

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2016, 08:58:30 AM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
One final email from the Dawson family...

Hello all,

Mum just wanted me to let you know that there is an obituary about Dad on Rosar-Morrison Funeral Home’s website, including how to make donations in Dad’s name to St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation for the excellent care he got there.  You can find it at the following link.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Thomas-Dawson&lc=3155&pid=178868937&mid=6858856&locale=en_CA

If you are able to join us at the Visitation tomorrow (Easter Sunday), we would like you to bring a single long stemmed flower of any colour and type.

Rosar-Morrison is located at 467 Sherbourne Street, and the Funeral, at 10 am on Monday March 28th, is at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Parish at 520 Sherbourne Street.

Mum is very grateful for all the wonderful emails and thoughts that you have sent us, and she will get back to you all in upcoming days.

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2016, 02:39:08 PM »

HeartQ

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I am so touched by all your beautiful messages and tributes to and about my Tom.  Over 40 years ago we embraced the world of playing card collecting and it has given us so much fun, travel, knowledge and many, many wonderful friends.  I just can't imagine what our life would have been had we never discovered this great collectible and we were always our happiest when we were involved in it in any way.

Thank you all for your continual thoughts and prayers for our family, Tom left us just the way he would have wanted to, quietly and peacefully, and we know he will be in our hearts forever.

Judy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:45:16 PM by HeartQ »
Judy Dawson

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2016, 08:33:51 PM »

Dawn Faller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
  Our deepest condolences to Judy Dawson and the entire family for the loss of Tom.  Jim and I have so many great memories of our road trips together, dinners, the playing card club, golfing, etc.  Tom was one in a million and such a special, dear, sweet soul.  Our lives were truly blessed by his presence and he will be dearly missed by all who knew him.  He will live on in our hearts forever!!!

Love,
Dawn and Jim Faller
52PlusJoker Members
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:36:40 PM by Dawn Faller »