You are Here:
Umm, is this what a Blue Artifice V2 deck is supposed to look like?

Author (Read 4835 times)

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Just opened my very first deck of Blue Artifice V2's.  Just pulled them out of the box and they haven't been shuffled.  Anybody see anything wrong with this picture?
- Adam

Re: Umm, is this what a Blue Artifice V2 deck is supposed to look like?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:33:01 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Was that all in one deck?

Well:

1) There are a crap load of cards

2) There are no Hearts

3) Missing half of the Clubs

4) Comes with double the amount of Jokers

5) There are no ads
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
what the hell?...that's pretty sick though
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:25 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Yeah, without a doubt in my mind that is how they are supposed to be.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
That all came in the box.  56 cards total if I counted correctly.  Kinda of shocked me actually.  Loved your comment John. lol
- Adam

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That all came in the box.  56 cards total if I counted correctly.  Kinda of shocked me actually.  Loved your comment John. lol

Definitely get a hold of Ellusionist.  Last time I had a problem with something, I called their customer service and they tossed me a BG1E for my troubles as well as correcting the problem.

Either that, or use this deck for some interesting tricks...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »

vmagic

Looks like a packaging boo-boo at USPC.

Don they gave you a BG1E, that must have been one hell of a problem you had, lol. Speaking of which I just got my first BG1E in the mail today also free.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Wait... this isn't how they are supposed to be? Guess i gotta contact E now :P. In all seriousness let us know how things turn out. The new E support has been nothing but slow for me.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
hope you get it figured out. I wonder where the other parts of that deck are lol someone else should have the same problem.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I went ahead and emailed support at E last night when I made this post.  I received a response back from David Mitchell today around 2:12pm asking if I could please send them a photo of my cards.  I did right away and have not received another response back yet.  Too bad there wasn't some type of batch/lot number on the card box or ad card so we could at least narrowed it down to when it was printed.  Then again, I never got any ad cards in that deck either.  My thoughts exactly John B, if im missing most of my deck, obviously there has to be at least another person if not more who received funky decks as well.  I will keep you guys posted when I hear something back again.
- Adam

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 03:04:18 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
contact their custom service about your problem .. they will send you another deck

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 05:20:30 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
That's pretty awesome. Keep it!

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Looks like a packaging boo-boo at USPC.

Don they gave you a BG1E, that must have been one hell of a problem you had, lol. Speaking of which I just got my first BG1E in the mail today also free.

It was a shipping bungle, not a big deal, but when they offer you a rare deck for free as an apology, you DON'T say no!

I went ahead and emailed support at E last night when I made this post.  I received a response back from David Mitchell today around 2:12pm asking if I could please send them a photo of my cards.  I did right away and have not received another response back yet.  Too bad there wasn't some type of batch/lot number on the card box or ad card so we could at least narrowed it down to when it was printed.  Then again, I never got any ad cards in that deck either.  My thoughts exactly John B, if im missing most of my deck, obviously there has to be at least another person if not more who received funky decks as well.  I will keep you guys posted when I hear something back again.

Actually, they know the print batch/lot numbers.  They generally print a HUGE batch, and it takes a good while to sell them out - odds are that ALL the Artifice v2s in release now have the same print batch/lot number.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just anecdotally, I had several people email me about the tendril deck who had missing cards or other weirdness, though never anything that severe. Seems like even at Q1 quality a few slip through the cracks.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
That is super awesome!! Wow. Don, what was the problem with your deck for you to get such a rare deck in exchange?

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 02:54:02 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
The E Support will surely replace the deck for you since it's faulty.

Yeah, without a doubt in my mind that is how they are supposed to be.
This is full of so much win.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 03:41:31 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Does it seem weird that I'd actually prefer that deck over the standard? I just love weird things like that.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The E Support will surely replace the deck for you since it's faulty.

Let's see about that. I've sent E a notice about a few deck that were off-centered during the printing process. I'm awaiting to see what they do.

Does it seem weird that I'd actually prefer that deck over the standard? I just love weird things like that.

No surprise there!

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Quick update guys:  Its been over 48 hours and I have yet to receive a response back.  I sent another email asking if they did get my photo that I had sent.  I even thought it might be quicker to call.  So I called this afternoon and got a voice recording for Jennifer with Ellusionist.  I left a brief message of who I was, my support ticket number and my reason for calling.  I explained my whole situation with opening a brand new artifice v2 deck.  So..........I guess I will wait some more and see what happens.  So far when it comes to customer service, Lyle at Theory 11 has been nothing but top notch.  I cant say the same for ellusionist as of this moment.  I will continue to keep you guys posted when I hear something.

- Adam

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
Quick update guys:  Its been over 48 hours and I have yet to receive a response back.  I sent another email asking if they did get my photo that I had sent.  I even thought it might be quicker to call.  So I called this afternoon and got a voice recording for Jennifer with Ellusionist.  I left a brief message of who I was, my support ticket number and my reason for calling.  I explained my whole situation with opening a brand new artifice v2 deck.  So..........I guess I will wait some more and see what happens.  So far when it comes to customer service, Lyle at Theory 11 has been nothing but top notch.  I cant say the same for ellusionist as of this moment.  I will continue to keep you guys posted when I hear something.

Same exact thing has happened to me, its been about a week at this point and I have just given up. T11 customer service 1 E customer service 0.

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

That's odd. Because I just received a response on my issue from one of their reps a few hours ago. Usually, Ellusionist doesn't take that long to respond. It's usually within a few hours if it's before maybe six on the weekdays. If it's after six they'll answer the next day. As far as weekends go, they'll answer that Monday. Maybe the rep from your department is just away. Who knows?

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Same exact thing has happened to me, its been about a week at this point and I have just given up. T11 customer service 1 E customer service 0.
Yup, you were right John.  I was hoping for the best but at this point..............I will prolly just give it rest like you.  You been waiting a week??  Wow, poor customer service right there.  Kinda makes you not want to do business with a company that treats there customers like that.  Speaking of poor customer service, I will never purchase anything from Jay Sankey again after that "Big A** Box of Magic" promo he had a couple years back.  Still sticking to my word on that too!
- Adam

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 08:06:55 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Yup, you were right John.  I was hoping for the best but at this point..............I will prolly just give it rest like you.  You been waiting a week??  Wow, poor customer service right there.  Kinda makes you not want to do business with a company that treats there customers like that.  Speaking of poor customer service, I will never purchase anything from Jay Sankey again after that "Big A** Box of Magic" promo he had a couple years back.  Still sticking to my word on that too!

Care to remind me what happened? Or open a new topic? Or link me to the existing topic which talks about it? Or personal message me?

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 01:55:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Care to remind me what happened? Or open a new topic? Or link me to the existing topic which talks about it? Or personal message me?

Please tell me you know how to go to the beginning of a thread - 'cause that's where you'll find what you're asking about.

Jennifer at E has always been good with me in the past.  I think this might have more to do with the staff upheavals they had there recently - a few prominent employees called it quits and jumped ship.  It's likely left them shorthanded until they get replacements.  The worst part was two of those former employees were our link to E on this forum - now we don't get any insider information from them anymore.  Boooo...  (Seriously, though, from the little I heard about it, they had solid reasons for leaving.)

I would suggest that you continue your efforts with Jennifer.  Try her on the phone on Monday, perhaps early in her shift (somewhere on the website they listed the customer service hours).

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Regarding the "Big A** Box of Magic," by Jay Sankey it was basically a bait and switch on its customers.  We were told we were gonna receive all of "this" but instead received all of "that."  Here is the thread on it if you wanna read more about it.  Grab a bucket of popcorn though.  You will be reading about many many unhappy customers who will never purchase another Jay Sankey item again.  Very interesting to read.  http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?33500-Big-Ass-Box-of-Magic-Question...

@ Don - I definitely know what its like to be shorthanded.  Not fun at all.  Thanks for the insight.  I will go ahead and try to touch base again with Jennifer Monday morning and see what happens.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:35:41 PM by Knobz1 »
- Adam