You are Here:
Customized/personalized Card Clips

Author (Read 1722 times)

Customized/personalized Card Clips
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:07:10 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
On the topic of card clips, I was wondering how you guys have manage to customize or have any ideas on customizing them. I was lucky enough to get the Bucks to sign on my porper when they were in Singapore last year, making my card clip one of a kind. I also recently pasted a BAPE sticker making it more bad ass. (It would be so awesome if BAPE designed and came out with card clips to go with the BAPE deck) here's a pic of it. What other ideas do you guys have? Let's see some pics of your personalize/customized clips.

P.S I still have a Damask vault. Wondering what I can do with it. Any ideas?

Re: Customized/personalized Card Clips
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
I love the signatures on your clip, definitely makes it that much more special. Although I think the sticker makes the clip more special than signatures (okay maybe not but it's pretty cool). Unfortunately I haven't done anything special with my card clip. It's the standard, plain black Porper clip.

What's a Damask vault??
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:46:35 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Well you can refinish them if you wanted to with the correct tools. All those things D&D toss on theirs, like leather? You could do that too.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

What's a Damask vault??

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/'anything-is-possible'-bottles-art-and-jamie-d-grant/msg37521/#msg37521

It's a special deck case designed by Jamie Grant, also suitable for performing a trick where you penetrate a deck with a spectator's coin.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 12:01:34 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Well you can refinish them if you wanted to with the correct tools. All those things D&D toss on theirs, like leather? You could do that too.
I am sure that is possible. But I am just trying to get ideas on what to put on.
Imagine during a jam session with your card buddies and everyone brought out a black porper. At the end of the day which is who's? Hahah. Anyway. With the right customization it can be a great ice breaker as well.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 12:46:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I am sure that is possible. But I am just trying to get ideas on what to put on.
Imagine during a jam session with your card buddies and everyone brought out a black porper. At the end of the day which is who's? Hahah. Anyway. With the right customization it can be a great ice breaker as well.

Actually, getting autographed Porper clips is a pretty cool idea and gives you some REAL bragging rights.  I'd recommend spraying a light coat of clear paint or laminate on the clip's exterior to keep the signatures from wearing off with use.  Test it on a piece of scrap metal first, in order to perfect laying down a nice, even coat without runs and drips.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 01:26:15 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

Actually, getting autographed Porper clips is a pretty cool idea and gives you some REAL bragging rights.  I'd recommend spraying a light coat of clear paint or laminate on the clip's exterior to keep the signatures from wearing off with use.  Test it on a piece of scrap metal first, in order to perfect laying down a nice, even coat without runs and drips.
True. Actually I did put a layer of protective film cover over my porper to "protect the signature if you an see from the pictures.
A mother of pearl layer would look great. Time to look for the right tools.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

What's a Damask vault??

http://aethercards.com/discourse/playing-card-plethora/'anything-is-possible'-bottles-art-and-jamie-d-grant/msg37521/#msg37521

It's a special deck case designed by Jamie Grant, also suitable for performing a trick where you penetrate a deck with a spectator's coin.

Ahh okay thanks. I remember seeing those but not knowing the proper name.

True. Actually I did put a layer of protective film cover over my porper to "protect the signature if you an see from the pictures.

Make sure to show us the results if you follow through with that! It sounds like a good idea. :))
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 09:02:49 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

What's a Damask vault??

Make sure to show us the results if you follow through with that! It sounds like a good idea. :))
it seems like dnd will be coming out with a mother of pearl one soon.

In other news check out rehandcrafted.com. There are a few awesome custom clips there. You can also choose to put leather on Jamie d grants's vault. Thinking of getting one myself or even asking Ryan(owner of rehandcrafted) to do a chameleon skin one. Just don't know if a chameleon would be big enough for a porper

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

What's a Damask vault??

In other news check out rehandcrafted.com. There are a few awesome custom clips there. You can also choose to put leather on Jamie d grants's vault. Thinking of getting one myself or even asking Ryan(owner of rehandcrafted) to do a chameleon skin one. Just don't know if a chameleon would be big enough for a porper

Is Grant's Vault any good?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 11:18:36 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

The selection is limited but those card clips are amazing. I close to drooled before I saw the prices. I understand that they're custom and maybe the material to make them properly is expensive but damn. If I had money coming out of every pore I'd buy these. Too bad they're just eye candy.

A chameleon skin one would be awesome as well!

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 11:56:07 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music

What's a Damask vault??

Is Grant's Vault any good?
i got the damask/brass one. It looks great and does its job well. I can even perform industrial revelations without taking the box out of the vault. It's also good for displaying the cards or box after taking it out from the vault. It always gets wows from layman and magicians alike. One downside, it's heavy. Not to mention the ID in it sometimes. Haha. I would suggest going for the black aluminum one as if it's just for the protection. I think the brass is sold out already. Would need Jamie to verify that.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 01:09:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The selection is limited but those card clips are amazing. I close to drooled before I saw the prices. I understand that they're custom and maybe the material to make them properly is expensive but damn. If I had money coming out of every pore I'd buy these. Too bad they're just eye candy.

A chameleon skin one would be awesome as well!

I recall most of David Blaine's clips were either on par with this price or more expensive.

The leather one with the laser engraving is a real steal for that price.  Now THAT'S a genuine one-of-a-kind piece...  AND you can choose either Porper or Vault.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:09:30 AM by Don Boyer »