xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
So where do your strengths belong?

Please elaborate your responses below.
Forum Founder.

Re: *POLL* Where does your experience lie?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:55:08 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
I'm doing commerce at school atm so marketing, and some other things
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:02:43 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
i've done some hand-drawn designs for t-shirts and logos for events and organizations. but they had to be turned into computer graphic by some other people who knows the way  :(

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:35 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I clicked 'other', by which I mean audio.  Not even necessarily music (although that is a big part of it), I make SFX and experiment with sound as well.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
I've worked (and work) with Photoshop since version 7.  I've used Maya and 3DS, but only a little bit.  I used to do a TON of hand drawings, but now I'm a .NET programmer by trade, so I rarely have time for that anymore.  I've designed posters and banners, and done a lot of digital art for game design resources.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:41:57 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i chose marketing and other, i am a nature sales person and so im good at that aspect and for other im very creative.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:58:16 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

I've mentioned this before, I think, but I started with Photoshop 1.0 in 1989 on my Mac IIci (look it up, most of you probably have never seen one). I started as a freelancer in 1993 or so, at the same time the internet was taking off.

Over the years I've done a little bit of everything. Most of my work now is for the web or mobile devices, some app development, though I also do video (After Effects animation type things for marketing purposes), the occasional 3D when needed.

Working for a small company for a long time, I've necessarily needed to learn most everything at one point or another.

Along with all that, I also do that card design thing. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 12:55:59 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I like to think that I have a pretty decent handle on stuff when it comes to website design. During highschool I took 3 years of a website design course and was named the top student in the class all three years. After the first year, the teacher allowed me to skip the curriculum and work on projects that I felt like doing, also giving me 100% in the class automatically. Since then I have done smaller website projects for friends and the ski resort in my area ( Big White Ski Resort ).

I would say that I am most experienced in using CSS and HTML but can work my way around PHP and javascript. I have also done work using Photoshop and Fireworks but I would say that I am better at the coding side rather than the art. So I would be more than willing to offer any advice if I am able to figure out what is needed.

In this board, it would be great if I could further my skills in the areas of video production and my art talent in general. If I would one day be able to do this ( http://player.vimeo.com/video/31333291?autoplay=1) I think my life would be complete.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:57:03 PM by Curt »

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I started with Photoshop 1.0 in 1989 on my Mac IIci (look it up, most of you probably have never seen one)

Believe it or not, the IT suite in my school were using those until 1999.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »

Overflight

• Twitter:
I know programming from college, a little bit of photoshop through assorted tutorials and a bit of web design via Code School.

BTW, does this count as "digital painting"?  :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:04:47 PM by Overflight »

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I grew up drawing a ton. I took art in high school and I am constantly doodling or working on an art piece. So a lot of my experience lies in the art/design. I have a good amount of experience with Photoshop and I use a lot for digital pieces and editing.

I've worked a little with web design and know my share of HTML. So most of my experience is on the art side, but I also have some experience with web design. I'll try to help out wherever I can on this board!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
My brother is a very good hand-drawer. He draws stuff at like 3 in the morning when he can't go to sleep lol. He is also some what a painter, and he's a tattoo artist and he did a tattoo on himself at 4 in the morning one time. It looks pretty good actually.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 07:39:17 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Not sure if this counts but I am a Photographer

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Not sure if this counts but I am a Photographer

why wouldn't photography count! That combined with some of the other elements (photoshop, web design, etc.) can be very useful!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 04:11:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Amateur photographer.  Did a tiny bit of HTML back when I had a blog.  Learned programming, but that was back around 1980, when the Apple II was a new invention, Windows didn't exist and floppy disk drives were new and still too expensive (the hard drive didn't exist yet for consumer computers).  I worked on TRS-80 Model I back then, programming in BASIC.  The computer had a whopping 16 KILOBYTES of RAM, and used a dictaphone-style 1970s-era cassette tape player to save programs on high-bias audio tape - it actually saved it in sounds recorded to the tape, which were later played back into the computer through a headphone jack for reloading.  A 16kb program took 30 MINUTES to load.  I think my analog watch is faster and has more memory...

Funny thing: I once got a program called "Frightful Flight".  Back then, "getting a program" was buying a magazine with printed BASIC commands and retyping them manually into the computer, praying all the while that you didn't create any syntax errors.  As I typed, I realized that the program commands made absolutely no sense at all - there was no way on earth this thing could run or do anything on the "TRaSh-80".  I finished typing up the program, saved it to tape, then checked the next instruction in the magazine: disconnect the cables linking the tape deck to the computer and press Play.  Now I knew this thing was insane.  I expected nothing but hissing garbage and high-frequency noise.

Imagine my surprise when I heard a crudely digitized, high-pitched and slightly sped-up version of "Flight of the Bumblebee"!

Some programmer with a lot of time. no life and some musical experience figured out that certain commands when saved to tape created certain frequencies, found ways to alter the duration of the frequencies and matched the pitches as close to a musical scale as could be achieved, and actually programmed what had to have been one of the first (if not THE first) real digital sound recordings!  It was a hack of epic proportions!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/