You are Here:
Bee Coterie by Zenneth Kok

Author (Read 12643 times)

Re: Coterie1902 launching on 31st Oct
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »

DC

• Forum Regular
Hey guys,

Here is the pic of the mailing box.  You need to understand something... this IS the shipping box.  Stamps/labels/etc.. will be stuck to this box.  Instead of using a brown shipping box, they are using these...

( click for larger view )

Impressive! The "postman" better take GOOD care of THIS!

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
the decks look great but 13 bucks per deck pre-shipping is a little steep

It's registered international airmail shipping included, means we have a tracking number for your order.
Amour Playing Cards & Amour Magic Collection
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
hmmm. Well 13 bucks is still a bit pricey considering I don't have much money at the moment, but I'll consider getting some later if they hopefully aren't sold out

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Dear Zenneth,

May I ask if the Black New Fan Black decks from the "Black and White New Fan Black Promotion" of the coterie1902.com/store are 1st or 2nd (reprint) print please?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Doris

Those are from the private reserve of 1st reprints, I never order 2nd reprint with the Black and White New Fan Back cards.
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Dear Sway,

We didn't say this on the official site, but actually, starting with 3 decks, we will be using a completely different packing.

Customized Coterie mailing box will be used for 3 decks or more quantity purchase.

When you see the mailing box, I am sure you will be very pleased with it.

Thanks,
Zenneth

Makes me glad I ordered three!  I would have ordered more if I had more in the bank right now.

Dear Don,

I am already very glad that we have your support with this release.

In your earlier posts, you have already explained the needs of professional magicians for playing cards, already a very nice gesture of you.

Best,
Zenneth

www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hey guys,

Here is the pic of the mailing box.  You need to understand something... this IS the shipping box.  Stamps/labels/etc.. will be stuck to this box.  Instead of using a brown shipping box, they are using these...

( click for larger view )

Thanks CBJ for posting this photo. I'll be honest with you guys, these mailing boxes were scheduled to arrive us 1 week before the launch, but there were some delays, so we haven't had the chance to take nice photos of them and explain our packing on the website.

Coterie1902.com is a new platform to the many of you, we are eager to have the support from all of you, so the best thing we could do is to provide better and higher quality goods and services.

Hope you guys will like what we are doing for you.

Best,
Zenneth
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I think you are doing great work here Zenneth. The atmosphere and detail you've worked into the complete presentation is very nice and obviously had a lot of thought. The cards, while simple, very effectively target what you aimed for and I think they look lovely. I didn't need more than 1 but I'm looking forward to getting them.

Congrats on the launch and I hope it continues to grow successfully for you and the Coterie.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:32 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So wait the price per deck includes the shipping? also where are these shipping from btw.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So wait the price per deck includes the shipping? also where are these shipping from btw.

Here's the full deal.  The come four ways.

$13 for a single deck, shipping included.
$39 for three, shipping and custom box included from here up.
Slight discount at the 8-deck price point.
Slightly more of a discount at 12-deck price points.
Both top price points add up to less than $11 a deck, with a slightly better price on the brick.

Zenneth Kok is based in Hong Kong and ships from there.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2012, 01:21:24 AM »

jhayel84

• True Member
Is it worth spending $100 to get the Black & White New Fan Back for $25?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:21:45 AM by jhayel84 »

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 08:57:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Well, let's see.

To my knowledge, the black deck was made in a run of 5,000, while the white deck was made in a run of only a thousand.

The normal retail price for those decks on Zenneth's own site, zennethkok.com are $15 for black only and $129 for a black and white set.

The pair do occasionally go on sale, usually as part of a larger set including a T-shirt or a magic DVD, but these sales are few and infrequent.

So, based on that, what would you say?

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Well, let's see.

To my knowledge, the black deck was made in a run of 5,000, while the white deck was made in a run of only a thousand.

The normal retail price for those decks on Zenneth's own site, zennethkok.com are $15 for black only and $129 for a black and white set.

The pair do occasionally go on sale, usually as part of a larger set including a T-shirt or a magic DVD, but these sales are few and infrequent.

So, based on that, what would you say?
I know this question isnt for me.  But I would say this is a pretty darn good deal.  Im debating on whether or not I wanna take part in this deal as well since I dont have any white or black fan backs at all.  Not to get off topic, but do you own a set of these Don?  If so, do you like them?
- Adam

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2012, 11:30:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I know this question isnt for me.  But I would say this is a pretty darn good deal.  Im debating on whether or not I wanna take part in this deal as well since I dont have any white or black fan backs at all.  Not to get off topic, but do you own a set of these Don?  If so, do you like them?

I own maybe three white and a handful of black.  The handling is fine, and the New Fan Back design is one of the most attractive USPC made for the Bicycle brand.  I have reprints in red and blue and a sealed vintage deck in blue, probably from the late 1940s or early '50s.  Zenneth's Gold Seal versions are excellent.  I can't recall which, but one of the two decks has a double backer in both colors, great for integrating both decks into a trick.

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2012, 11:54:04 AM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

I own maybe three white and a handful of black.  The handling is fine, and the New Fan Back design is one of the most attractive USPC made for the Bicycle brand.  I have reprints in red and blue and a sealed vintage deck in blue, probably from the late 1940s or early '50s.  Zenneth's Gold Seal versions are excellent.  I can't recall which, but one of the two decks has a double backer in both colors, great for integrating both decks into a trick.
Good deal.  Thanks for the intel Don.  I been working overtime for the last month or more.  I think Im gonna go for the deal as a little treat for myself.
- Adam

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Good deal.  Thanks for the intel Don.  I been working overtime for the last month or more.  I think Im gonna go for the deal as a little treat for myself.

It's a tough week for this kind of stuff.  Not counting Kickstarters, there's three major releases - this, the Altruism Snow Owls and Aurum.  But this really is a good deck.  If I didn't have any, and I had the extra money, I'd have gone for the deal.  I did the last time he offered it in conjunction with other purchases from his site, picking up two trick DVDs.

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2012, 01:46:25 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

It's a tough week for this kind of stuff.  Not counting Kickstarters, there's three major releases - this, the Altruism Snow Owls and Aurum.  But this really is a good deck.  If I didn't have any, and I had the extra money, I'd have gone for the deal.  I did the last time he offered it in conjunction with other purchases from his site, picking up two trick DVDs.
Darn it.  I forgot about Aurum tomorrow.  Oh well, I think I should be ok.  Dont plan on buying that $180 deck.  But a couple of the other editions will do me just fine.

Just ordered my brick with the White and Black Fan Back Set.  Never seen pay pal in Chinese before.  lol  Pretty neat.
- Adam

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2012, 07:01:25 PM »

jhayel84

• True Member
Thanks for the intel Don. Much appreciated.

I ended up ordering a few to qualitfy for the promo.

I hope that I would not be disappointed with these as they look awesome!

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
[Post from UC]
Wow, and just like that I'm right back in the thick of things... Snow Owls, Platinum Seasons, & now this incredible deck... What else was I to do but order 12 decks... This is the reason I got into collecting and after so much foolishness being produced, it is so refreshing to have a deck like this hit the market... I haven't been this excited about a deck in quite some time and I'm so looking forward to the Silver/Platinum Version as well... Great Stuff...

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 04:32:50 AM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Guys,

A few months ago, when photos of the Coterie Bee were first posted...
There were some comments on the design, saying the card back design of Coterie Bee being unoriginal,
which, I took as very honest comments, and I don't deny that, it's true that the Coterie Bee back design is a variation of classic Diamond Back of Bee playing cards.

But, I also said, the originality, or the "soul" of Coterie Bee is on the tuck case, to be more precise, the back of the tuck case, and here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488718334494571&set=a.487296041303467.117795.273498326016574&type=1&theater

I believe there has never been a deck of cards being designed from this angle, and I am very sure that this is going to be a very pleasant surprise for professional magicians.

Thanks,
Zenneth
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2012, 01:45:25 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
It's not unoriginal at all... In fact it's a wonderful rendition and polished version of the longest running back in playing card history... The color is fantastic, as is the tuck box & the silver/platinum version looks promising as well... I'm sure Zenneth is proud to have produced the black / white Bicycle Fan Backs and this Bee deck as well...  He's hit it out of the park each and every time... It's the only deck in a very long time which had me go brick.... Well Done!!!

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2012, 06:06:12 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Hey guys,

Here's another update, I guess this is not exactly a bad thing for everyone.

Due to the overwhelming amount of orders placed at Coterie1902.com, despite our effort, we really couldn't handle that much orders promptly.
Therefore, to insure the quality of customer service and packing. We have decided to limit the amount of the Coterie Bee playing card to be available on our site,
We won't limit the quantity of each order, but we will only make 144 Coterie Bee decks available everyday on our site until further notice.

And... I apologize for not sending out shipping notifications, but trust me orders have been processed, and every order does have its own tracking number.

Thanks,
Zenneth
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey guys,

Here's another update, I guess this is not exactly a bad thing for everyone.

Due to the overwhelming amount of orders placed at Coterie1902.com, despite our effort, we really couldn't handle that much orders promptly.
Therefore, to insure the quality of customer service and packing. We have decided to limit the amount of the Coterie Bee playing card to be available on our site,
We won't limit the quantity of each order, but we will only make 144 Coterie Bee decks available everyday on our site until further notice.

And... I apologize for not sending out shipping notifications, but trust me orders have been processed, and every order does have its own tracking number.

Thanks,
Zenneth

We appreciate being kept informed, Zenneth - thank you.  I for one am looking forward to my decks!

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »

Zenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Guys,

Here's a good news for everyone.

After putting limitation on the deck availability at Coterie1902.com and working full force on packing& shipping,
finally we are able to catch up with regular handling time of all the orders.

(Hong Kong time) Tomorrow all orders placed on or before 9th of Nov. at Coterie1902.com will be shipping out, and then all current orders will be able to ship out on day after tomorrow.

Sorry for keep everyone waiting so long, we will probably perform a website maintenance later this week to update all the shipping information on all orders, so that you will be able to track your shipment.

Thanks,
Zenneth
www.Coterie1902.com

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Guys,

Here's a good news for everyone.

After putting limitation on the deck availability at Coterie1902.com and working full force on packing& shipping,
finally we are able to catch up with regular handling time of all the orders.

(Hong Kong time) Tomorrow all orders placed on or before 9th of Nov. at Coterie1902.com will be shipping out, and then all current orders will be able to ship out on day after tomorrow.

Sorry for keep everyone waiting so long, we will probably perform a website maintenance later this week to update all the shipping information on all orders, so that you will be able to track your shipment.

Thanks,
Zenneth
Awesome!  Thanks Zenneth.   I have been waiting eagerly to get these!   :D
- Adam

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Zenneth, this is great news - especially since right now it's been tomorrow in Hong Kong for several hours!

Will you be lifting the daily sales limits anytime soon, or keeping them in place indefinitely?