You are Here:
1910 Brew House: A 1900's Beer Inspired Playing Card Deck by Daniel Kroemer (KS)

Author (Read 1696 times)

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:53:43 PM by Rob Wright »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

TumDTeeSudLeaw

• Newcomer

What a wonderful thing it is to be used in daily life.

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
Thanks for posting it in the plethora, Rob.
Daniel J. Kroemer

Graphic Designer and Newbie Playing Card Designer

IG: forgeknox

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I wonder why no one is commenting on this deck. It is a pretty good looking deck to me, i mean it's 3am now but it still looks good i say.

I'm just wondering why is everyone printing "premium quality playing cards" on tucks now. There must be quite a large number of lousy quality decks running around for everyone to specify theirs of a premium quality?  ???

The tuck is ok, i do like the colour, and there is some nice art going around this deck. Nice back...and I'm just wondering if it was missed out or done on purpose, but there's like a stalk on the top left corner on the KoC and JoC, but none on the opposite side...minor detail.
And the pledge tiers doesn't run numerically. (Just nit-picking)

And i'm too lazy to read the updates at this time, but if the designer decides to go off with numbering all the decks instead of just that limited few (which doesn't really make sense), than i say good for him. I'm not too sure about having 2500 decks signed though....unless of course it is printed out.

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
I wonder why no one is commenting on this deck. It is a pretty good looking deck to me, i mean it's 3am now but it still looks good i say.

I'm just wondering why is everyone printing "premium quality playing cards" on tucks now. There must be quite a large number of lousy quality decks running around for everyone to specify theirs of a premium quality?  ???

The tuck is ok, i do like the colour, and there is some nice art going around this deck. Nice back...and I'm just wondering if it was missed out or done on purpose, but there's like a stalk on the top left corner on the KoC and JoC, but none on the opposite side...minor detail.
And the pledge tiers doesn't run numerically. (Just nit-picking)

And i'm too lazy to read the updates at this time, but if the designer decides to go off with numbering all the decks instead of just that limited few (which doesn't really make sense), than i say good for him. I'm not too sure about having 2500 decks signed though....unless of course it is printed out.

Thanks for the kind words about the deck. That is a mistake on the art, it's all fixed now but it must have been a slightly earlier version that made it up. The pledge tiers are out of wack a bit, which bugs the heck out of me but unfortunately I can't touch them once they become backed. One of the main reasons is because two tiers (at $28 and $44) were added later on, so they have higher numbers. Ultimately that's just for my reference anyway though. I understand what you're saying about the "premium quality playing cards" being overused, but I view it more as just explaining what's in the box (like any other product would have) rather than trying to come off like these cards are better than others. Thanks for the feedback.
Daniel J. Kroemer

DJKroemer

• Facebook:
Just wanted to post on here that I've made some updates to the project and added a second deck.
Daniel J. Kroemer

mobysoft

• Newcomer
I was following the process from the older 1910 Brew House Deck thread. I think your work is very good. The Aces are ACE. Keep up!

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Next time don't include "Fluff" items make them add-ons. People mainly just want the cards.

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
What are the chances for a relaunch this next year?
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia