You are Here:
Sherlock Holmes by Jackson Robinson (KS)

Author (Read 22941 times)

Re: Jackson to do Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
"Here are the release time for the LE Decks for the Holmes project:

Saturday, Nov 2nd 12PM Central Standard Time

Sunday, Nov 3rd (Saturday night) 12AM Central Standard Time

Sunday, Nov 3rd (Sunday Morning) 6AM Central Standard Time"

World Clock:  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Sherlock Holmes Teaser: 

Wish he would show us his Kickstarer Preview.  That is what we are here for.  It's good to have lots of eyes checking for errors.  Can't wait to get some more "God" decks   ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:46:25 PM by sprouts1115 »

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Wish he would show us his Kickstarer Preview.  That is what we are here for.  It's good to have lots of eyes checking for errors.  Can't wait to get some more "God" decks   ;)

Go ahead, tell me you can't wait the one day left for the release of these decks...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I honestly had a backer that pledge for the "God" deck tier and asked for me to sign the deck "the God deck".

Im sure no one is awake but here is a preview link
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1722808047/862444713?token=2b0e9f13
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:44:41 AM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
...........we're awake,and debating what to do, lol

Good Luck Jackson  ;)

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I'm very much awake, it's 2pm here n I'm counting down the minutes .. I've set 3 different alarms for the launch lol
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »

volantangel

• True Member
Hey Jackson, I just looked through your pledge tiers, and clicked on your spreadsheet for your shipping calculator, the domestic tiers have shipping included, but the international shipping is not the difference between the two, but instead the whole sum. Its as though we internationals pay for shipping twice.

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hey Jackson, I just looked through your pledge tiers, and clicked on your spreadsheet for your shipping calculator, the domestic tiers have shipping included, but the international shipping is not the difference between the two, but instead the whole sum. Its as though we internationals pay for shipping twice.

Yes and No. Because the way Kickstarter works their is no way to separate domestic shipping from the pledge tiers. The int. shipping rates are based on 2013 rates and the included domestic shipping accounts for the postage price raise due in 2014
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »

volantangel

• True Member

Yes and No. Because the way Kickstarter works their is no way to separate domestic shipping from the pledge tiers. The int. shipping rates are based on 2013 rates and the included domestic shipping accounts for the postage price raise due in 2014

Jackson, you could possibly add on a 10% increase in international postage, or whatever is the expected percentage increase. Then minus the 2014 domestic postage from it. This should be the amount that is added on for the internationals.Otherwise shipping is in excess of $40 for internationals, a little savings for us go a long way.

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Jackson, you could possibly add on a 10% increase in international postage, or whatever is the expected percentage increase. Then minus the 2014 domestic postage from it. This should be the amount that is added on for the internationals.Otherwise shipping is in excess of $40 for internationals, a little savings for us go a long way.

No matter how you split it, International shipping is going to hurt, and im totally transparent about that. Going over $40 for shipping is an easy task. I really am sorry for it.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Jackson, You should put an avatar on the project for backers to use.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector

No matter how you split it, International shipping is going to hurt, and im totally transparent about that. Going over $40 for shipping is an easy task. I really am sorry for it.

As an international backer, I understand about that pain. The transparency really helps as we can all see what the real cost to you is. It's sort of like the bad taste of medicine that will help you get better. It all evens when the decks arrive and we see how amazing they are.

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 01:12:06 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
So I got in on the early bird mixed brick and as I was watching the funding tick ever upward (2/3 funded in 10 minutes) I got to thinking...
Hopefully Jackson was able to negotiate a discounted price for printing into his contract.  This would be a brilliant move on his part and would make it a little more profitable for him.  Even if the discount was just enough to cover the cost of shipping it would create a little better windfall for him as a deck designer.  Hope you worked that into the negotiations JROB!

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
So I got in on the early bird mixed brick and as I was watching the funding tick ever upward (2/3 funded in 10 minutes) I got to thinking...
Hopefully Jackson was able to negotiate a discounted price for printing into his contract.  This would be a brilliant move on his part and would make it a little more profitable for him.  Even if the discount was just enough to cover the cost of shipping it would create a little better windfall for him as a deck designer.  Hope you worked that into the negotiations JROB!

I wish, but their coparate arm doesn't have anything to do with their custom arm.  :o
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

I wish, but their coparate arm doesn't have anything to do with their custom arm.  :o

Damn!

Well, kudos on Sherlock's success so far anyway.  Great work, as always.  Ho Hum, another resounding success.   ;)

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Put in a pledge for 1 of each of the standard decks, too bad I overslept and missed out on the LE one, oh well. Decks look awesome, only ~ $200 left to go!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:32:10 PM by Curt »

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 03:32:55 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Soon as pay day comes by I will be getting the $36 pledge for one of each.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 04:17:21 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I had 1 of the earlybird bricks, but my computer decided to act like a dick when it sent me to Amazon. Had to reboot.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thank god for mobile phones, lol

I was with my wife on an errand I couldn't put off, but pulled over at noon and grabbed a Limited Edition and tossed in an additional $36.00 for 3 more decks....haven't decided how I want to break those down. I'm thinking 1 Baker Street and 2 Moriarty.

Grats on the success of the project!

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Jackson - Noticed some minor fixes you forgot to put "to maximize the handling of the cards"  in your A1 Baker Street Edition.  Might be best to put "to maximize the handling of the cards" in the A1 and just take out the others in B1 and C1.

The second pic has a link to your Hi res images.  Probably need to take that out and just replace with text "The Holmes Edition:" with the semicolon to be consistent. 

Lastly, on your "a note about shipping" you have 2 links going to your calculator.  I think you were trying to put a link to the USPS postal rates for Jan 2014.  I don't know its a little confusing. 

I do see a problem.  I know your going to have 2 more tiers, but you ran out of rewards especially the high ones. There is such a demand for your  cards.  I'm not saying putting a $3000 reward lets go to vegas and have dinner.  I'm thinking someone would pay top dollar for the 1st signed and numbered uncut sheets and decks of your 4 deck series.  I'm just seeing a big bottleneck of demand.   I definitely would not put stretch goals until your  2 tiers are done.   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 05:03:30 PM by sprouts1115 »

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 12:05:18 AM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Well it's midnight but no limited edition decks?

Edit: Nevermind. God, I really fucking hate Daylight Savings.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:09:10 AM by 10ofclubs »

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Daylight Saving Time is still in effect for another 13 minutes on the East Coast...  It ends at 2AM, sending clocks back to 1AM Standard Time.

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 02:15:23 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Managed to snag one of the LE decks from the pledge tiers. Now I've pledged for 1 LE Baker Street, 1 Holmes and 1 Moriarty.  It's the largest pledge I have done on KS in a while, worth it for Jackson's work.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:15:57 AM by Curt »

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 05:41:53 AM »

Jonathan

• Forum Regular

Daylight Saving Time is still in effect for another 13 minutes on the East Coast...  It ends at 2AM, sending clocks back to 1AM Standard Time.

Yeah Daylight savings screwed me up too XD.
I didn't know you guys had Daylight Savings in the US.
I had calculated the release time to be 4 AM where I was so i was staying up late haha.
Then at 3 AM got an update on the fed52 part 2 project with the live link - I nearly shat myself scrambling over to the page XD.
Oh This Jackson Robinson project is the biggest playing card pledge I've made on kickstarter... except maybe for Dale Mathis' 3D Mechanical deck if I get that frame :| ...
Between Dale Mathis and Jackson Robinson they're going to get my first born and second born children XD.

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 10:52:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Yeah Daylight savings screwed me up too XD.
I didn't know you guys had Daylight Savings in the US.
I had calculated the release time to be 4 AM where I was so i was staying up late haha.
Then at 3 AM got an update on the fed52 part 2 project with the live link - I nearly shat myself scrambling over to the page XD.
Oh This Jackson Robinson project is the biggest playing card pledge I've made on kickstarter... except maybe for Dale Mathis' 3D Mechanical deck if I get that frame :| ...
Between Dale Mathis and Jackson Robinson they're going to get my first born and second born children XD.

I just looked at the times.  Assuming that this quote is correct:

"Here are the release time for the LE Decks for the Holmes project:

Saturday, Nov 2nd 12PM Central Standard Time

Sunday, Nov 3rd (Saturday night) 12AM Central Standard Time

Sunday, Nov 3rd (Sunday Morning) 6AM Central Standard Time"

World Clock:  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Sherlock Holmes Teaser: 

...it was Jackson's error.  The first two times, listed in Central Standard Time, could NOT have taken place in Central Standard time - Central DAYLIGHT Time was still in effect until 2AM CDT Sunday, when the clocks dropped back and it became 1AM CST.

Shame on you, Jackson.  You should have another release window for the people you confused!  :))  LOL

Next time, when you're wrapping around the start or end of DST, you're safer using GMT/UTC as your reference time zone - it remains the same regardless of any Daylight/Summer Time changes.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:54:09 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 11:32:50 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Yes Yes, shame on me.

Good thing is their are a good number of LE decks still available so all have a chance.

J
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com