You are Here:
Black Crown Deck

Author (Read 47514 times)

Re: NEW DECK- Black Crown Deck
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The numbers that Evan posted about the 1st edition sell out times are correct.

All of our Black Friday launches happen at midnight.  This is the first time that we're doing deck launches at midnight instead of 8PM.  It's also the first time that there will be multiple decks available at once - 4 in all.

As for selling out, we don't know what to expect any better than you guys do!  We have lots of the Blue, Red, and Green decks available, so they should hopefully last awhile.  As mentioned earlier, there are only 5,000 black decks, and only 3,000 will be for sale.  The rest are designated for contests and prizes.  We do think the Black decks will go quickly, so I'd definitely recommend being on the site at launch time.

The initial plan for the Black decks was that they would only be available as prizes.  Alex wanted to give people a couple of different ways to get their hands on the decks though, in order to be fair to everyone.  So, there will be decks for sale for those who can be at the midnight launch.  For those who can't be at the launch, there will be other ways to obtain the Black decks.

We appreciate all the support!  We think we're offering some great stuff for the holidays, every single person who shops with the Blue Crown from Black Friday onward will get a nice freebie (or a few!)  It's just our way of saying thanks for a great 2011!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

All of our Black Friday launches happen at midnight.  This is the first time that we're doing deck launches at midnight instead of 8PM.  It's also the first time that there will be multiple decks available at once - 4 in all.

As for selling out, we don't know what to expect any better than you guys do!  We have lots of the Blue, Red, and Green decks available, so they should hopefully last awhile.  As mentioned earlier, there are only 5,000 black decks, and only 3,000 will be for sale.  The rest are designated for contests and prizes.  We do think the Black decks will go quickly, so I'd definitely recommend being on the site at launch time.

The initial plan for the Black decks was that they would only be available as prizes.  Alex wanted to give people a couple of different ways to get their hands on the decks though, in order to be fair to everyone.  So, there will be decks for sale for those who can be at the midnight launch.  For those who can't be at the launch, there will be other ways to obtain the Black decks.

We appreciate all the support!  We think we're offering some great stuff for the holidays, every single person who shops with the Blue Crown from Black Friday onward will get a nice freebie (or a few!)  It's just our way of saying thanks for a great 2011!

Does that mean if I buy a brick of Black Crowns, I would get a few freebies?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Yes.  Even people who order a single download will get something!  Prizes can be viewed at http://www.thebluecrown.com/store

We're unveiling more prizes every day for the rest of the week!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 02:45:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Awesome! Sounds good! Just a couple questions. Can we see some pics of the Black crown deck please? And is the release basically 1 hour after 11pm thursday?

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I'm afraid I don't have any pics that I can share currently.  More will become available shortly.

Yes, our Black Friday extravaganza begins late night on Thursday (Thanksgiving) as we move into Friday.  All times are EST (New York time).  Don't wait until Friday night going into Saturday or you'll be a day late!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm afraid I don't have any pics that I can share currently.  More will become available shortly.

Yes, our Black Friday extravaganza begins late night on Thursday (Thanksgiving) as we move into Friday.  All times are EST (New York time).  Don't wait until Friday night going into Saturday or you'll be a day late!

Awesome thanks! I would really love to get a good look at this deck  :)  and thanks for the heads up
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member

Great, Thanks for the clarification. I will probably be on my way back from visiting my family Thurs. at that time. Could you put a few Black Crowns aside from me? ;)

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
if you don't mind me asking, what and when is black friday? im from australia so ive never heard of it!! :S
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 05:43:02 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
if you don't mind me asking, what and when is black friday? im from australia so ive never heard of it!! :S
I think this should explain it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

The Day after Thanksgiving (When some of the first settlers came to the United States). That is when all the stocks go from the red into the black and is crazy for shopping and sales all across the U.S.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 05:51:18 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
okay, thanks when is thanksgiving?

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 05:55:03 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
okay, thanks when is thanksgiving?

This Thursday. Black Friday starts at midnight between Thanksgiving Day and Friday.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi

Thanksgiving is (for the U.S.) the 4th Thursday of November.  The 24th, this year.  Making this Friday, Nov. 25, Black Friday.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
okay, so november 26 early morning wiould be black friday arvo for me

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 06:04:39 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
okay, so november 26 early morning wiould be black friday arvo for me

I don't know time conversion, but don't worry, we will be posting on here like crazy when the time comes around.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
i want a couple, but i dont thnk i will be awake, here in australia the time is: 10:10 AM

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i want a couple, but i dont thnk i will be awake, here in australia the time is: 10:10 AM

Wake up early!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:14 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Definantly want like a brick of these for resell. And are these going to be the same price as the other crown decks
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:58:43 PM by azroth14 »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:53 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Definantly want like a brick of these for resell.
Me too  :D ;D

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 02:42:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

The Day after Thanksgiving (When some of the first settlers came to the United States). That is when all the stocks go from the red into the black and is crazy for shopping and sales all across the U.S.

Not to be a nitpicker, but Thanksgiving actually took place AFTER the settlers arrived, perhaps by a few years.  From Wikipedia:

"In the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition traces its origins to a 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts. There is also evidence for an earlier harvest celebration on the continent by Spanish explorers in Florida during 1565, as well as thanksgiving feasts in the Virginia Colony. The initial thanksgiving observance at Virginia in 1619 was prompted by the colonists' leaders on the anniversary of the settlement. The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest. In later years, the tradition was continued by civil leaders such as Governor Bradford who planned a thanksgiving celebration and fast in 1623. While initially, the Plymouth colony did not have enough food to feed half of the 102 colonists, the Wampanoag Native Americans helped the Pilgrims by providing seeds and teaching them to fish. The practice of holding an annual harvest festival like this did not become a regular affair in New England until the late 1660s."
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Haha sorry about that. I forgot most of the facts about it, and just wanted to give a short sentence to show somewhat what Thanksgiving was. Shows how much I remember. :-[
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Looking forward to the release!

Hopefully I will be able to pick up 3 or so before they sell out. It's times like these that I am happy to live on the west coast, means I do not have to stay up late for all of these 12am EST releases!

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 02:47:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

The Eastern Time Zone (US) is off daylight saving time, while the east coast of Oz still is.  I'm assuming you're in the same time zone as Sydney.  If so, you're 16 hours ahead of that TZ.

Friday 00:00:00 in New York City/US East Coast is
Friday 16:00:00 in Sydney/ Aus. East Coast.

I see little reason why you wouldn't be awake at four in the afternoon!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I'm hopefully gonna pick up 15 of those to use and look good in my collection.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't have much money because I'm spending most of it on Ellusionist and Theory11 so I will probably just get 4 or 6 of the Black Crown decks