You are Here:
Dan and Dave: Mystery deck V2

Author (Read 18980 times)

Re: Dan and Dave: Mystery deck V2
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »

Mr Rik

• Newcomer
Being new to collecting and being a sucker for the 'mystery' element I took a gamble on 3 decks which arrived today. 

I got two Republic 2 decks and an Arrco.

The Republic 2 is a nice deck - but it is not a deleted deck and is for sale on Ellusionist for $6.95 or thereabouts - and I guess D and D were probably given a brick or two as a gift by Ellusionist anyway so probably cost them nothing.

I kinda of knew Id get an Arrco as I got 2 the last time I bought mystery decks!!!

I was real hopeful I'd get something new for my collection - but I should have remembered that I too have little luck and no skill when it comes to any form of gambling, such as lotteries, raffles, betting shops, etc. 

Factoring international postage rates I feel a little robbed. On the plus side D and D kindly valued the contents of the package at $6 (not the $30 I spent) which meant that I did not have to pay any import duty on them (and with an £8 standing charge by the post office + the import duty at 20%  - this can be expensive) - otherwise I'd feel not only robbed but a little beaten up too!!!

I should have given my partner the money and told her to buy me some decks instead - I'd have maintained the 'mystery' element but wouldn't have felt robbed at the result!!!

Re: Dan and Dave: Mystery deck V2
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2013, 03:12:32 PM »

atsquare

Being new to collecting and being a sucker for the 'mystery' element I took a gamble on 3 decks which arrived today. 

I got two Republic 2 decks and an Arrco.

The Republic 2 is a nice deck - but it is not a deleted deck and is for sale on Ellusionist for $6.95 or thereabouts - and I guess D and D were probably given a brick or two as a gift by Ellusionist anyway so probably cost them nothing.

I kinda of knew Id get an Arrco as I got 2 the last time I bought mystery decks!!!

I was real hopeful I'd get something new for my collection - but I should have remembered that I too have little luck and no skill when it comes to any form of gambling, such as lotteries, raffles, betting shops, etc. 

Factoring international postage rates I feel a little robbed. On the plus side D and D kindly valued the contents of the package at $6 (not the $30 I spent) which meant that I did not have to pay any import duty on them (and with an £8 standing charge by the post office + the import duty at 20%  - this can be expensive) - otherwise I'd feel not only robbed but a little beaten up too!!!

I should have given my partner the money and told her to buy me some decks instead - I'd have maintained the 'mystery' element but wouldn't have felt robbed at the result!!!

Bad luck I guess. I took a gamble as well seeing as they reduced the international shipping costs and from what I've read, I'm not expecting much. I'll be posting up what I receive when I get my package.