You are Here:
new KS deck "The Mirror Deck Gaffed Playing Cards"

Author (Read 5554 times)

Re: new KS deck "The Mirror Deck Gaffed Playing Cards"
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 02:43:09 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Those posts were two weeks apart :P but anyway I guess I overlooked the fact that these are limited so if you do manage to burn through a few decks and are done then that's it huh? I guess that makes much much more sense.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 02:11:41 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
on that same note if for example you have an effect that uses all the gaffed cards (not sure specifically but for arguments sake) and some other effect that only use half, or a few of them. depending on what effect you do more the wear rate of the cards will differ and when you try to combine them for the full deck effect the cards may appear different. When i used to do strolling i would keep the gaffs i used with their own decks so they would all wear the same. sometimes it was a bummer because it forced me to buy several of the same gaffs for different effects but I'm a stickler for consistency, theres nothing more obvious than a fresh deck with a worn gaff card.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:15:26 PM by S.C. »

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 11:42:32 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Those posts were two weeks apart :P but anyway I guess I overlooked the fact that these are limited so if you do manage to burn through a few decks and are done then that's it huh? I guess that makes much much more sense.

Sorry, I missed that.  Oops!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
New tiers have been added that allow decks to be purchased at a more affordable price. You can get 2 decks for $24, 3 decks for $35, and 6 decks for $60. For those that were hesitant to back because they wanted more decks and didn't want do dish out $300+ I'm assuming.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

SBS/Mirror Deck
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »

JamesKellogg3

• Newcomer
Hey Everyone,
I am just asking for a little help here I have a kickstarter page and it only has 71 hours left and I only need $154 at this moment to complete the project if you all could chip in a little money that would be amazing.

Here is the Link
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1378405282/the-mirror-deck

Thanks
James

Re: SBS/Mirror Deck
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Good to see the creator reaching out for help but there is already an existing thread for your deck. Plus, you only need to raise another $59 within the next 70 hours. Don't worry! It'll happen! :))

EDIT: only $41 :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:46:06 PM by Michael »

Re: SBS/Mirror Deck
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey Everyone,
I am just asking for a little help here I have a kickstarter page and it only has 71 hours left and I only need $154 at this moment to complete the project if you all could chip in a little money that would be amazing.

Here is the Link
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1378405282/the-mirror-deck

Thanks
James

I collected the data for the New Deck Report at 1:25AM Eastern - you had crossed the goal by over a hundred bucks then.  You'll get there again, don't sweat it.  As of this moment, you're $18 away from goal!

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
And now it's fully funded again! :)) congrats once again

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Is it still a double post if it's been two days? Let's hope not. But you can add this deck to the "Successful" Kickstarter list now. Just made funding with $7215.

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Is it still a double post if it's been two days? Let's hope not. But you can add this deck to the "Successful" Kickstarter list now. Just made funding with $7215.

No, that's not a double post.

I backed this, and I'm glad to see it funded.  It was a nail-biter very briefly there...

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 01:18:20 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

No, that's not a double post.

I backed this, and I'm glad to see it funded.  It was a nail-biter very briefly there...

Phew, good to know. But I backed this as well and am very glad it got funded. Those last two minutes was very heart racing for me as well.

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
It was definitely nerve-wracking. I was outside and when I came home and saw it dropping like $400, I thought it would not make it. Gladly it was funded by a margin of $15!

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 05:19:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It was definitely nerve-wracking. I was outside and when I came home and saw it dropping like $400, I thought it would not make it. Gladly it was funded by a margin of $15!

Among card projects, I can't remember any deck succeeding by such a slim margin, be it measured by dollars or percentage of goal reached.

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 05:37:23 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular
yeah that was pretty tight. Im not sure exactly how kickstarter works but can the creator pledge on their own project? i mean if it were me and it was a matter of $100.00 to get my project funded I would throw it in. Maybe they don't allow it, i dunno? ???

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
yeah that was pretty tight. Im not sure exactly how kickstarter works but can the creator pledge on their own project? i mean if it were me and it was a matter of $100.00 to get my project funded I would throw it in. Maybe they don't allow it, i dunno? ???

They don't allow it.  It's roughly equivalent to shill bidding on eBay.  Tossing in self-generated pledges makes the project appear more popular than it actually is, which can entice more pledges and possibly get it noticed and featured by KS.  You project needs to stand on its own merits - your "self funding" has to come from outside the project.

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 10:54:16 PM »

S.C.

• Forum Regular

They don't allow it.  It's roughly equivalent to shill bidding on eBay.  Tossing in self-generated pledges makes the project appear more popular than it actually is, which can entice more pledges and possibly get it noticed and featured by KS.  You project needs to stand on its own merits - your "self funding" has to come from outside the project.

I had a feeling it was something along those lines. thanks for clearing it up don.  :)

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 06:12:16 AM »

Pacis

• Forum Regular
I guess that if something like that occured, it could be overcomed by family members who would help with the missing $100.

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 06:34:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I guess that if something like that occured, it could be overcomed by family members who would help with the missing $100.

Perhaps, but that defeats the purpose of creating a project for PUBLIC funding in the first place...  If you're leaning on friends and family, perhaps the project wasn't such a great idea after all.

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

Perhaps, but that defeats the purpose of creating a project for PUBLIC funding in the first place...  If you're leaning on friends and family, perhaps the project wasn't such a great idea after all.

Unless.... All his friends and family are magicians interested in a routine using these cards :)) then it'd make perfect sense haha but an actual question: friends and family members can back right (I'm assuming legitimately because they actually are interested in the project themselves) as long as it's not the actual project owner? They just obviously shouldn't be a good half to a majority of the funding right?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:11:09 PM by Michael »

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Unless.... All his friends and family are magicians interested in a routine using these cards :)) then it'd make perfect sense haha but an actual question: friends and family members can back right (I'm assuming legitimately because they actually are interested in the project themselves) as long as it's not the actual project owner? They just obviously shouldn't be a good half to a majority of the funding right?

The Durak deck ran into a problem with funding.  But it got shut down by KS when suddenly, out of nowhere, a project was was scraping by making little to nothing suddenly got a whopping amount of funding in a single day, then crawled along at the same slow pace as before.  The project must have been investigated for just the kind of scenario you described.

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty

The Durak deck ran into a problem with funding.  But it got shut down by KS when suddenly, out of nowhere, a project was was scraping by making little to nothing suddenly got a whopping amount of funding in a single day, then crawled along at the same slow pace as before.  The project must have been investigated for just the kind of scenario you described.

Ah I do remember that occurring with the Durak deck now. And I think that it was mentioned on this forum, correct? Either way, I'm glad this deck will see fruition and look forward to figuring out creative things to do with this deck!